We surely don’t have to tell you what’s the most popular Kodi addon out there. The Exodus Kodi addon has been around for a while now, providing us with an endless library of movies and TV shows. However, it’s never a bad idea to have an alternative – which is why we’ll introduce you to the freshly released Exodus Redux Kodi addon.
Don’t make a mistake, as these two addons aren’t the same. Exodus Redux takes everything that’s good about the original addon, and then adds its own spin. You’ll find new content categories, enhanced options, and most importantly – you’ll find the latest Web scrapers. Without further ado, here’s how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi, and what to expect from this addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
9 Steps to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi in 2019
We’d like to say that the following guide applies to Kodi 18 Leia. However, this addon is compatible with previous Kodi versions as well, and the installation process is close to identical. So, Here’s how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi.
- First and foremost, make sure to enable unknown sources on Kodi;
- Open Kodi and wait a few moments until it loads everything. Then, go to Settings;
- Select ‘File Manager’ and then double-click on ‘Add Source’ on the left side of the screen;
- A pop-up should appear. Click on ‘<None>’ and enter the following URL (be very careful to type it correctly): https://i-a-c.github.io. Click ‘OK’ to input the address; You will also need to enter a name for the new source. Go with ‘IAC’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up;
- Return to Kodi’s home screen. Using the left-placed main menu, click on ‘Add-ons’;
- Click on the Package Installer icon, in the top-left corner. Then, select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Navigate to IAC > ‘repository.exodusredux-x.x.x.zip’. Click on this file to install the corresponding repository;
- Next, select ‘Install from Repository’ and navigate to Exodus Redux Repo > Video Add-ons > Exodus Redux. Click on the addon’s name to check out its overview. Then, click on ‘Install’;
- You will see a list of dependencies that need to be installed. Click ‘OK’ and Kodi will do the rest on its own. After a few moments, you’ll see a message saying that Exodus Redux is installed.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully installed Exodus Redux on your Kodi. You can find it in the ‘Add-ons’ section of your favorite home theater application. Go ahead and check it out. Plenty of movies and TV shows await!
Fix Exodus Redux Errors (Not Working, No Stream & Other Issues)
Just like any type of software, Exodus Redux can face certain problems at times. This is why we’ve put a series of possible solutions to different problems, found below.
What to Do When Exodus Redux Isn’t Working?
There are many possible reasons why Exodus Redux might not be working for you. Perhaps you can’t play video files, or you can’t install the Exodus Redux repository. Also, maybe you need to install dependencies manually. We’ve provided numerous solutions in our guide to Kodi troubleshooting, so make sure to use the provided link.
What to Do When Exodus Redux is Slow?
First of all, make sure that you have the latest version of Exodus Redux installed (we’ll tell you how this is done below) in addition to the latest version of Kodi. If the problem persists, it’s recommended to disable certain content sources, as explained below:
- Open Exodus Redux, and go to Tools > Settings – Providers;
- Select ‘Providers’ on the left side of the screen, and click on ‘Open Scrapers Settings‘;
- On the left, select ‘Hosters’ and disable the following source: IWAATCH.
- Then, select ‘Torrent (cached)’ on the left, and disable this provider: SKYTORRENTS.
If this doesn’t resolve your problem, we would recommend trying a VPN solution, such as ExpressVPN. The chances are that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) might be throttling your Web traffic when using Kodi, causing issues with Exodus Redux.
How to Enable Exodus Redux Subtitles?
You can enable subtitles on Exodus Redux by visiting the addon’s settings. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Exodus Redux and go to Tools > Settings – Subtitles.
- Make sure to select ‘Subtitles’ on the left side of the screen. Then, you can enable subtitles by clicking on ‘Enable subtitles’.
- Then, make sure to set your primary and secondary languages.
- Now, subtitles should automatically start playing when you open a movie or TV show file. If that doesn’t happen, click on the subtitle button (lower right corner) while the video is playing. This is from where you can download subtitles and apply them to the video file you’re currently streaming.
What to Do When Exodus Redux is Down?
Just like other Kodi addons, Exodus Redux can face certain problems at times. You should know that these addons are created by volunteers, who might not have the time to maintain them in the long-run. This is why it’s always good to have an alternative, and this is why we recommend checking our list of the best Kodi addons right now.
How Do I Update Exodus Redux?
To resolve technical problems and make sure everything is working, you should keep your Exodus Redux updated at all times. So, here’s a simple guide on how to update this addon:
- Go to ‘Add-ons‘ using the main menu of Kodi.
- Then, locate Exodus Redux. If you can’t find it, make sure to select ‘Video Add-ons’ on the left side of the screen.
- Once you find Exodus Redux, right-click on its icon and select ‘Information‘.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button and you’ll see if there’s a new version available.
How Do I Install the Exodus Redux Repository?
The latest Exodus Redux repository is found using the following URL (make sure to input it correctly into Kodi): https://i-a-c.github.io/. You can download a ZIP file from the URL listed here, and then use Kodi to install that ZIP file – and that’s how you install the Exodus Redux repository.
In case you need a detailed explanation of this procedure, make sure to scroll up – to the main part of this article, where you’ll find a series of screenshots as well.
How to Fix Broken Search in Exodus Redux (Kodi 18 Leia)?
Kodi 18 Leia broke the internal search functionality of many addons. However, we’re already starting to see this getting fixed. To resolve this problem, you simply need to update Exodus Redux.
- Launch Kodi and open the ‘Add-ons’ section using the main menu.
- Find Exodus Redux, and then right-click on it. Select ‘Information’;
- Finally, click on the ‘Update’ button to update this addon.
Exodus Redux Not Playing Movies & TV Shows?
If you’re experiencing slow performance and constant buffering, our first recommendation would be to try using a VPN. These applications use secure connections to improve the overall performance of Kodi, including Exodus Redux. Here’s how to use them.
- First of all, you need a reliable VPN. Based on our extensive experience and research, we recommend ExpressVPN;
- After signing up, download ExpressVPN on your device and launch it;
- Select a server depending on your located. You’ll have numerous options to pick, so make sure to select the nearest server for the best performance;
- Finally, launch Kodi use Exodus Redux like you normally would.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our article on Exodus Redux. We hope that you managed to install this interesting Kodi addon and that you’ll use it with no problems. If something unexpected happens, take a closer look at our FAQ section, where you might find a solution.