We surely don’t have to tell you about the most popular addon out there. The Exodus Kodi addon has been around for a while now, providing us an endless library of movies and TV shows. However, it’s never a bad idea to have an alternative – which is why we’ll introduce you to the freshly released Exodus Redux Kodi addon.
Don’t make a mistake, as these two addons aren’t the same. Exodus Redux takes everything that’s good about the original addon, and then adds its own spin. You’ll find new content categories, enhanced options, and most importantly – you’ll find the latest scrapers. Without further ado, here’s how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi, and what to expect from this addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
9 Steps to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi in 2019
We’d like to say that the following guide applies to Kodi 18 Leia. However, this addon is compatible with previous Kodi versions as well, and the installation process is close to identical. With this said, we’re sure you’ll manage to complete it just fine. Here’s how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi.
- First and foremost, make sure to enable unknown sources on Kodi;
- Open Kodi and wait a few moments until it loads everything. Then, go to Settings;
- Select ‘File Manager’ and then double-click on ‘Add Source’ on the left side of the screen;
- A pop-up should appear. Click on ‘<None>’ and enter the following URL (be very careful to type it correctly): https://i-a-c.github.io. Click ‘OK’ to input the address; You will also need to enter a name for the new source. Go with ‘IAC’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up;
- Return to Kodi’s home screen. Using the left-placed main menu, click on ‘Add-ons’;
- Click on the Package Installer icon, in the top-left corner. Then, select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Navigate to IAC > ‘repository.exodusredux-x.x.x.zip’. Click on this file to install the corresponding repository;
- Next, select ‘Install from Repository’ and navigate to Exodus Redux Repo > Video Add-ons > Exodus Redux. Click on the addon’s name to check out its overview. Then, click on ‘Install’;
- You will see a list of dependencies that need to be installed. Click ‘OK’ and Kodi will do the rest on its own. After a few moments, you’ll see a message saying that Exodus Redux is installed.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully installed Exodus Redux on your Kodi. You can find it in the ‘Add-ons’ section of your favorite home theater application. Go ahead and check it out. Plenty of movies and TV shows await!
Fix Exodus Redux Errors (Not Working, No Stream, and other issues)
Just like any type of software, Exodus Redux can face certain problems at times. This is why we’ve put a series of possible solutions to different problems, found below.
Getting the ‘No Sources’ Error in Exodus Redux?
To fix the ‘No Sources’ error, you need to make sure that ‘Lambda’ is selected as the default scraper. Check out the following procedure.
- Launch Exodus Redux and select ‘Tools’;
- Now, select ‘Settings: Providers’;
- On the left side of the screen, select ‘Providers’. The ‘Choose Module Provider Source’ field should be set to ‘Lambda Scrapers’;
- Click on ‘Lambda Scrapers Settings’;
- Then, make sure to click on ‘Enable All Providers’;
- It might take a few moments until this action is applied. To make sure everything’s okay, select ‘Providers on the left side’ and you should see some of those enabled.
- That’s it!
Please note that our installation guide teaches you how to install the latest available version of Exodus Redux. This one relies on ‘Open Scrappers’ which should resolve any ‘No Sources’ errors automatically. However, the above-explained produce can come in handy if you’re experiencing any kind of issues related to scrappers.
Exodus Redux Missing 1080p Links?
If you’re using a Real Debrid account, Exodus Redux might fail to provide HD links at times. The solution to this is to re-enable Real Debrid within Lambda scrapers.
- Open Exodus Redux and go to ‘Tools‘;
- Click on ‘Settings: Providers’ and then click on ‘Lambda Scrapers Options’;
- This is where you can enable Real Debrid sources;
- Alternatively, you can click on ‘Debrid Only’ on the left side of the screen. Then, enable all the sources found there.
Broken Search in Exodus Redux (Kodi 18 Leia)
Kodi 18 Leia broke the internal search functionality of many addons. However, we’re already starting to see this getting fixed. To resolve this problem, you simply need to update Exodus Redux.
- Launch Kodi and open the ‘Add-ons’ section;
- Find Exodus Redux, and then right-click on it. Select ‘Information’;
- Finally, click on the ‘Update’ button to update this addon.
Streams Not Playing in Exodus Redux
If you’re experiencing slow performance and constant buffering, our first recommendation would be to try using a VPN. These applications use secure connections to improve the overall performance of Kodi, including Exodus Redux. Here’s how to use them.
- First of all, you need a reliable VPN. Based on our extensive experience and research, we recommend ExpressVPN;
- After signing up, download ExpressVPN on your device and launch it;
- Select a server depending on your located. You’ll have numerous options to pick, so make sure to select the nearest server for the best performance;
- Finally, launch Kodi use Exodus Redux like you normally would.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our article on Exodus Redux. We hope that you managed to install this useful Kodi addon and that you’ll use with no problems. If something unexpected happens, take a closer look at our FAQ section, where you might find a solution.