You’ve surely heard by now that Disney Plus has finally opened its gates. This media streaming service has managed to attract more than 10 million users during its first day, which didn’t exactly go without any problems. However, one thing is sure – millions more from all around the world are looking for a way to jump on the bandwagon. This is precisely why there’s the question of how to watch Disney Plus outside the US? Well, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ll provide the most up-to-date answer.
First of all, you should know that Disney Plus is now available in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands (where beta sign-ups were available for a while). And now, users from Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico are being asked to sign-up. Then, in March 2020, a number of European countries (the UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Ireland) will see the launch of their local versions of Disney+ as well. Until that happens, and if you live in some country, you’ll need to jump through some hoops to sign-up and watch Disney Plus from abroad.
The good news is that thanks to VPN applications, there’s already a workaround to access Disney Plus from just about anywhere. And more importantly, this workaround works on iOS and Android devices, which means that it affects plenty of individuals. So, here’s what you need to know.
First Things First – Get a Reliable & Capable VPN Service!
Before you do anything else, you’ll need to get a VPN application. There aren’t too many options right now, but we’ve managed to do our homework. More precisely, we recommend ExpressVPN for this purpose, which should work without a hitch.
Aside from unblocking Disney Plus outside the US, this VPN can be used to safeguard and protect your online privacy – in the best way possible. In fact, this is the best VPN you’ll find on the market today. To learn more about its features and what to expect from this VPN, make sure to check our hands-on ExpressVPN review.
|Visit Site|| |
As you can imagine, there are a few other options out there as well. So, to explore these and to make an informed decision, don’t forget to read our guide on the best VPN for Disney Plus. We made sure to find five reliable solutions, all of which will help you unblock this media streaming service.
9 Steps to Sign-Up & Watch Disney Plus on Your Android Device from Abroad
We will now tell you how to sign-up for Disney Plus outside of its supported countries. As you can imagine, you’ll need to use a VPN for this purpose, so here’s what you need to do.
- First, launch ExpressVPN on your device and connect to a server in the USA. This is done by clicking on the ‘Current Location’ button, choosing the ‘All Locations’ tab – and finally, double-clicking on ‘United States’.
- Once you’re connected to a VPN server in the USA, proceed to create a new Google account. While signing up, you’ll be asked for your phone number and recovery email address – all of which are optional fields. You won’t be asked for your country of origin, which is why it’s important to be connected to a VPN, in the first place.
- Next, go ahead and purchase a Google Play Store gift code. The minimum you can spend is $25, and your digital code will be delivered to your inbox. There’s no need to use a VPN for this purpose, as you can make the purchase using your Amazon account. Please note that a monthly subscription for Disney+ costs $6.99, while a yearly subscription costs $69.99. Also, make sure to fill out all the required fields and send this gift card to yourself.
- Once you receive your Play Store code, make sure that you’re connected to a VPN. Then, open your email and click to redeem your code. You will see a link in the email that you’ll receive, this makes this process as simple as possible.
- You will also be asked for your country of origin, name, and ZIP code. Make sure to select ‘United States’ and enter a five-digit US ZIP code (which you can look up online, as any US ZIP code will do the job).
- Then, you’ll need to log-in to your newly created Google Account on your Android device. The location of this option varies depending on your device’s manufacturer. However, in most cases, you’ll find this option in your ‘Settings’ app.
- Then, open the Play Store app on your Android device and you should have access to a new version of the store (for the USA). This means that you can now proceed to download Disney+ on your Android device. In case you can’t find Disney Plus on the Play Store, you need to change your Google Play country manually. Alternatively, you can use your desktop Web browser to download the app on your Android device, after you’ve signed in to your Google account on your smartphone.
- Once you download and install the app, go ahead and open it. Tap on ‘Start Free Trial’ and create your account by providing your email address and password. Once you reach the final step, pay for the subscription by using your Play Store credit (that you’ve previously bought and redeemed).
- Lastly, you’ll be asked to verify your payment, choose whether you’d like to have authentication or not and if you’d like to set-up a backup payment plan. You can skip all these steps. And that’s about it – you’ll now be greeted by Disney Plus and you’ll get to stream all of its content.
Lastly, we’d like to remind you that you’ll need a VPN each time you want to use Disney+ on your Android device. So first, make sure that you’re connected to a server in the USA, and then proceed to open Disney Plus. And dear readers and Android users, that’s how you can watch Disney Plus from abroad on Android devices.
7 Steps to Sign-Up & Watch Disney Plus on Your iOS Device from Outside the US
In case you use an iOS device, know that it’s possible to access Disney Plus from anywhere. Once again, we are going to use a VPN for this purpose, so first make sure that you have a VPN subscription. And now, here’s our step-by-step guide:
- First, you need to create a new Apple ID. So, you can use the provided link (using a Web browser on your computer) to register. Make sure to use a new email address and select ‘United States’ as your country/region. Then, finalize the procedure of creating an Apple ID by verifying your account. You’ll receive an email that explains how this is done.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Select your existing Apple ID, and then sign-out. Then, sign-in to your new Apple ID, the one you created moments ago.
- Now, you need to buy an App Store Gift Card via Amazon. Depending on if you want to purchase a monthly or annual subscription to Disney+, enter the desired amount and finalize the procedure. Send this gift card to your email address and wait a few moments until it arrives.
- Then, learn how to redeem your App Store gift card. The provided link will take you to Apple’s support page that explains how this is done. This is also where you’ll find a convenient button that automated this process.
- Then, open the App Store and download Disney+ on your iOS device. Also, make sure that you have installed ExpressVPN as well (also from the App Store).
- Open ExpressVPN, log-in using your credentials and connect to a US server. Once connected, open Disney+ and go through the setup procedure. You will need to create a new account for this media streaming service and select a subscription plan. Then, you will be asked to pay for the subscription (you’ll be charged after the trial period), so you can use your newly created Apple ID for this purpose. Since you already have funds there, you can use that to pay.
- Finally, Disney Plus will present its content – so you can use it without any limitations. And dear TechNadu visitors, that’s how you can watch Disney Plus from anywhere on iOS devices!
We also need to remind you to use ExpressVPN each time you want to use Disney Plus and make sure that you’re connected to a US server. So, before accessing this streaming service on your iOS device, open ExpressVPN and connect to any server in the USA. Finally, open Disney+ and use it like you normally would.
Dear readers, that would be all on how to watch Disney Plus outside the USA. In case of any questions or difficulties you might face, don’t hesitate to drop us a comment below. We’ll do our best to provide a timely response to each and every one of our readers. And to stay on top of the latest articles on TechNadu, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!