Disney Plus has been busy reaching new countries - but it's still available in select markets only. We're sure many of you would like to watch the latest Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel movies and shows, which is best done by accessing the US version of this streaming service. So, the question is - can you watch Disney Plus outside the US? Yes, you can - and we're going to show you how!
In this guide, we'll show you how to use a VPN to both subscribe and access the US version of Disney Plus, no matter where you are. We've prepared a bulletproof method for you, so here's all there is to know.
Where Is Disney Plus Available?
At the moment, Disney Plus is available in 36 countries across the globe. This streaming service has been reaching new markets in the past couple of months, which is one of the reasons why it currently has 100+ million subscribers. Here's the full list of countries where Disney Plus is available.
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Even though you can access Disney Plus in a group of countries - many markets still don't have access to this streaming service. And also, it's worth mentioning that each country has its own Disney Plus library. The United States has more than 850 titles available, so that's the version you need if you want to take full advantage of this streaming service.
Also, let's not forget to mention that Disney Plus plans to expand to more markets. We know that markets in Eastern Europe, South Korea, and Hong Kong will be those to receive access in the second part of this year.
How to Watch Disney Plus Outside the US (While Traveling / If You're Subscribed)
In case you already have a Disney Plus subscription (the one created in the US), we'll help you access it - so you can continue watching your favorite content. So, if you're already subscribed and if you're traveling outside the US, here's what you need to do.
1. For this purpose, you need a VPN. Go ahead and subscribe to ExpressVPN.
2. Once you visit the website, click on 'Choose Plan.'
3. Then, select a subscription (a long-term one will help you save quite a plenty).
4. Provide your email address and finalize signing up for ExpressVPN.
5. Once done, expect a confirmation email from ExpressVPN. So, check your inbox.
6. Now, make sure to set up ExpressVPN on your device(s).
To unblock and watch Disney Plus outside the US, you'll need to have ExpressVPN active in the background. In other words, set up ExpressVPN on any device(s) you plan to use to stream Disney Plus. Know that you get 5 simultaneous connections with this VPN.
7. Launch ExpressVPN and make sure to go through its initial setup procedure.
8. At this moment, you should be looking at ExpressVPN's home screen.
9. Then, click on the button below the ON/OFF switch (via ExpressVPN's UI).
10. Select 'United States' and then select any server in this country.
11. Wait until ExpressVPN's interface turns green (which means you're connected).
12. Finally, proceed to access Disney Plus on your device. That's it!
How to Watch Disney Plus Outside the US (If You're Not Subscribed)
In case you're in a country where Disney Plus isn't accessible, there's still a way to subscribe. We'll show you a handy trick that works on Android and iOS/iPadOS devices, letting you both subscribe and watch Disney Plus outside the US. Here's what you need to do.
1. First, you need a VPN. Go ahead and subscribe to ExpressVPN.
2. You'll be taken to ExpressVPN's website, where you need to select 'Choose Plan.'
3. Pick a subscription, provide your email address, and pay for the chosen plan.
4. Once done, ExpressVPN's team will send you a confirmation email. Check your inbox.
5. Then, proceed to install ExpressVPN on your device(s).
We highly recommend having ExpressVPN active in the background for the rest of this procedure. And also, make sure that you're connected to a server in the USA.
6. Now, make sure that your Google account or Apple ID is set to 'United States.'
When creating a new Google account or a new Apple ID, first make sure to have ExpressVPN running in the background (connected to a server in the US). Then, select 'United States' as your country of residence. Also, you can use any US ZIP code and address (if you need help with that, check this online address generator).
Keep in mind that Google's sign-up form might not ask for your address or country of residence. That's precisely the reason why you have to use ExpressVPN in the background, as Google will read your IP address instead (which should match a US IP, of course).
8. Then, make sure that you're logged in to your new account on your device.
9. You now need to add funds to your newly created account, using a gift card.
11. You should now have enough funds on your account for one month of Disney Plus.
13. Don't open Disney+ yet. Instead, launch ExpressVPN on your Android or iOS device.
14. Tap on the button below the ON/OFF switch to reveal more VPN servers.
15. Then, pick 'United States' and select any server in the US.
16. Once you connect, ExpressVPN's interface will turn green.
17. Now, launch Disney Plus on your smartphone or tablet.
18. Tap on 'Sign Up Now.' Provide your email and create a password.
19. Pick a subscription (you can pay per month, or per year) and proceed to pay.
20. That's it! You can now access Disney Plus without any restrictions.
For as long as you wish to stream Disney Plus, ExpressVPN must run in the background. Also, each time you want to access Disney Plus, you need to first connect to a US-based ExpressVPN server. That is the only requirement to unblock the media streaming service from outside the USA.
What's the Best VPN for Disney Plus?
Keep in mind that only select VPNs can unblock Disney Plus. With that said, you need to be careful about which one you'll pick. We've tested more than sixty VPNs so far, and these are the 3 best VPNs for Disney Plus.
- ExpressVPN: If you want the best VPN for Disney Plus, your choice should be ExpressVPN. This is a highly powerful VPN that unblocks any website or digital service out there, including Disney Plus. However, ExpressVPN is also known for its privacy-friendly policies, making sure your Web traffic stays invisible to anyone else on the Web. To learn more, here's our ExpressVPN review.
- CyberGhost VPN: Considering that it comes with servers optimized for media streaming, CyberGhost is a natural choice when trying to watch Disney Plus outside the US. You get an army of servers, VPN apps for any platform imaginable, multiple VPN protocols, and the ability to fine-tune your connection. If you want a deeper look at this VPN, read our CyberGhost VPN review.
- Ivacy VPN: And lastly, we have a highly affordable VPN (especially if you're after a long-term plan). Even though Ivacy might not be the most private VPN out there, it's great for website unblocking and media streaming. Ivacy supports Disney Plus, as well as a whole range of other US-based streaming services. Get to know more via our Ivacy VPN review.
Can I Use Disney Plus at Two Different Locations?
Yes, you can use Disney Plus at two different locations - as long as you're within the limits of your subscription. Keep in mind that each Disney+ subscription allows up to four streams at the same time. Therefore, in theory, you can access the streaming service from four different locations simultaneously.
Can I Use My Disney Plus Account in Another Country?
Yes, you can use your Disney Plus account in a different country - but you'll need to use a VPN service (such as ExpressVPN) to gain access to the library you've originally subscribed to.
How Many Simultaneous Streams Does Disney+ Offer?
Each Disney Plus subscription allows up to four simultaneous streams across multiple devices. The same applies to downloading videos for offline viewing, which can be done on up to four devices.
Is Disney+ Region Locked?
Yes, Disney+ is region-locked. That means each country where Disney+ is available has access to its own version of Disney's library. If you want to get access to everything this streaming service offers, we recommend using ExpressVPN to access the US version of Disney Plus.
How Do I Pay for Disney Plus Outside the US?
Can I Download Disney Plus Outside the US?
Yes, you can download Disney Plus even when abroad - as long as you have a Google or Apple account set to 'United States.' You don't need a VPN to download Disney Plus to your phone or tablet, but you'll need one to access and watch Disney Plus outside the US.
Can Disney+ Detect VPN Services?
Yes, Disney+ can detect VPN services. That's the reason why you must use a proven VPN service, such as ExpressVPN. Based on our experience, that's the only VPN that not only unblocks Disney+ but also lets you stream in the highest possible resolution without any issues.
Can Disney Plus Ban My Account Because of a VPN?
In general, streaming services such as Disney+ don't allow the use of VPNs. However, their subscribers have been relying on VPNs for years now. There are no examples of someone's account being banned for this reason alone. So, the worst that could happen is seeing an error message preventing your access while your VPN connection is active (which will hardly happen if you use a reliable VPN).
Is There a Free VPN for Disney Plus?
No, there are no free VPNs that can unblock Disney Plus. All free VPNs come with either limited speeds or limited bandwidth, preventing you from streaming any kind of media. That's why we recommend going for ExpressVPN, which will never let you down.
Do you have any questions about watching Disney Plus outside the US? If you do, make sure to post them via the comments section below. Thanks for reading - and enjoy streaming your favorite shows and movies via Disney+!