Without any doubt, Covenant had been one of the most popular Kodi addons for a very long time. However, due to ever-increasing legal pressure on developers of third-party addons, Covenant somehow disappeared. This was a serious blow to the global Kodi community, leaving many of us searching for fully-working Kodi addons. However, we’re glad to say that this addon is once again back, and it’s stronger than ever. So, let’s talk about the Covenant Kodi addon.
In case you’ve used Covenant before, you already know what to expect. This addon offers a seriously big collection of movies and TV shows, which can be filtered and sorted in many different ways. However, the latest version of this addon expands into new types of content as well. There’s a dedicated category for documentaries, and there’s now a dedicated category for hundreds of IPTV channels. With this said, we’re more than sure you’ll want to try it out.
So, keep on reading to learn how to install Covenant on Kodi in 2020, using the latest available repository. With this said, let’s jump right in.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
7 Steps to Install Covenant on Kodi in 2020
Before installing the Covenant Kodi addon, you need to visit the application’s settings and enable support for unknown sources. If you don’t do this, Kodi will stop the installation of Covenant. So, please use the provided link and read our short guide. Then, return to this article and proceed.
- Once you open Kodi, go to its settings. In other words, click on the top-left placed gear icon. Then, select, ‘File Manager’.
- On the left side of the screen, double-click on ‘Add Source’ and a new pop-up window will open.
- You need to click on ‘<None>’ and you’ll be asked to enter a Web address. So, go with the following one: https://covenant01.github.io/zip/. Then, click ‘OK’ to enter your input. Name your source ‘Covenant’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up.
- Return to Kodi’s home screen and then go to ‘Add-ons’ using the main menu. Then, click on the open box icon in the top-left corner.
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file’. Navigate to ‘Covenant’ and then select the ‘repository.covenant-x.x.zip’ file. After a few moments, the Covenant repository will be installed on your Kodi.
- Then, select ‘Install from Repository’ and go to Covenant Repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant. Once you select this addon’s name, click on ‘Install’ to finalize the process.
- Return to Kodi’s home screen once again, and then open ‘Add-ons’. The newly installed Covenant addon should be waiting for you there. Click on its name to open it.
While you’re here, we’ll take this opportunity to teach you a few things about the Covenant Kodi addon. So, keep on reading as we’ll answer some commonly asked questions.
How to Install Covenant on Firestick Devices?
While many Covenant installation guides you’ll find online rely on sources from GitHub, we’ve presented you with a guide that works for all Kodi-supported devices. With this said, make sure to return above and follow the guide found in this article, no matter which devices you use (as this applies to Fire OS devices as well).
Covenant Not Working? Here’s What to Do!
In the majority of cases when Covenant isn’t working, you simply need to clear your Kodi’s cache. Depending on what’s causing the issue you’re experiencing, you’ll also want to consult our Kodi troubleshooting guide.
And lastly, some of you might have a problem installing Covenant, which is usually related to a missing depository. So, here’s how to fix the missing repository installation error.
Where to Find the Latest Version of Covenant?
Due to the popularity of this Kodi addon, many malicious actors create fake Covenant addons that often lead to malware. Therefore, make sure to install the latest and fully working Covenant Kodi addon, found here – https://covenant01.github.io/zip/.
What Do I Update Covenant on Kodi?
To update this addon (as well as any other), right-click on its icon (you’ll get to Covenant if you go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons) and choose ‘Information’. Then, use the ‘Update’ button and Kodi will check if there’s a newer version available in any of the repositories that you’ve installed previously.
What’s the Best Replacement for Covenant?
How to Unblock Covenant on Kodi?
Some of this addon’s content can be restricted in your country. In addition, Covenant uses all kinds of file sources online, many of which can be copyrighted. Therefore, it’s imperative to use a VPN when using Kodi – and we recommend ExpressVPN for that purpose.
So, dear TechNadu visitors, this is where we conclude our guide on installing Covenant on Kodi in 2020. We hope that we’ve managed to answer all your questions and doubts. If not, don’t hesitate to contact us via the comments section below.