Update: Unfortunately, Covenant is no longer among the Kodi addons that we recommend using. Due to technical issues and its inability to find fully-working links, we recommend you avoid using this addon. However, there’s no need to worry as plenty of fully-working alternatives await. You’ll find all the information you need in our central ‘Best Kodi Addons’ article.
Without any doubt, Covenant is one of the most popular addons for Kodi and for a few good reasons. First of all, it brings a very polished UI with straightforward content categories. Then, it has the power to unlock Kodi’s streaming potential by giving you access to a huge library of content. Finally, it performs well. Due to these reasons, we feel you’re going to love this addon. So – let’s teach you how to install the Covenant Kodi addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
All You Need To Know About Covenant Kodi Addon
Before we dig any deeper, it could be interesting to learn more about Covenant. In other words, we’ll take a look at where Covenant comes from, and how it managed to achieve such a big success.
Long-term users of Kodi know all about an addon called Exodus. This has been one of the most popular addons that managed to bring thousands of fully-working movie titles. However, Exodus hit an obstacle a couple of months back when its developer said it had to abandon this project. In the meantime, a fork of Exodus appeared. When it comes to a Kodi, a fork addon is an addon that shares the same core with another popular addon. Differently said, Covenant and Exodus share the same core – which is why they look and work the same way. However, they don’t bring the same kind of content and there are maintained differently.
Important Note: Before installing the Covenant Kodi addon, you need to visit the application’s Settings and enable the support for unknown sources. If you don’t do this, Kodi will try to stop the installation of Covenant. So, please use the provided link and read our short guide. Then, keep on reading this article.
10 Steps to Install Covenant Addon on Kodi
We will first teach you how to install the Kodil repository, and then how to find the addon we need. Keep on reading and learn how to install this amazing addon.
- Launch Kodi and go to Settings (click on the top-left placed Gear icon);
- Open the File Manager;
- Next, double click on ‘Add Source‘ on the left side of the screen and a new window should appear;
- Now, click on ‘<None>‘ within the newly opened window and carefully enter this URL: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/. Click ‘OK‘;
- You also need to name your new source. Go with ‘Kodil‘. Click ‘OK‘ to dismiss the pop-up;
- Return to Kodi’s Home screen and click on ‘Add-ons‘;
- Take a look at the top-left corner and click on the Open Box icon;
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file‘;
- A new pop-up should appear. Navigate to ‘Kodil > repository.kodil.zip‘. Click on the ZIP file to install it;
- Wait a few moments, and then click on ‘Install From Repository‘;
- Navigate to Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant.
- Finally, hit the ‘Install‘ button to finalize the procedure.
- Return to your Kodi’s Add-ons section, where you’ll find the newly installed Covenant Kodi addon. Enjoy!
What to Expect from Covenant Addon?
Let’s take a brief look at different content categories you’ll find on Covenant’s Home Screen. This will hopefully make it easier to way your way around Covenant’s massive library of streamable content.
- Movies & TV Shows: The first two categories are flagship categories of the Covenant Kodi addon. If you click on any of them, you will see a bunch of sub-folders. These sub-folders are used to narrow down the available movie titles in different ways. For example, you can browse movies and TV shows by genres, popularity, currently trending, recently released, and in more ways.
- My Movies & My TV Shows: To use these categories, you need to set up a Trakt.TV or IMDb account. We have already written about integrating Trakt.TV with Covenant – which is a great way to track your favorite movies and TV shows. In addition, this online service provides personalized suggestions. Make sure to learn more about Trakt.TV.
- New Movies & New Episodes: This is where you can check out what’s recently released. Instead of being able to sort these lists, you will see one large list of entries. As you can see, this is a good way if you want to see what’s hot at the moment.
- Channels: Using this content category, you can watch movies that were broadcasted by popular TV stations. There are around ten TV stations at the moment, and you will see the latest movie blockbusters that were recently broadcasted.
- Tools & Search: We have finally arrived at the last two entries on Covenant’s Home Screen. As you can tell by their names, this is where you can perform different kinds of optimizations. If you’re having issues with the Covenant Kodi addon, make sure to visit the Tools section and delete junk files.
Alternatives to Covenant Addon
Looking for other best Kodi addons like Covenant in 2019? Then follow the below list. In fact, you’ll not get the same exact thing like Covenant but different. Take a look and see what you get there.
We hope you’ve found this article useful as well as that you’ve managed to install the Covenant Kodi addon. All there’s left is to go ahead and use its endless media library.
In addition, you can always contact us using the comments section below. Also, share this article online to help others, and follow TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter for more tech news, guides, and reviews.