At the moment, The Crew is one of the best Kodi addons you’ll find available. We have been using it for a couple of months now, and we’re surprised by the number of updates it brought during that time. Today, this is an incredibly powerful Kodi addon with a huge mix of different sorts of content. And with this said, we’re sure that you can’t wait to try it out. So, let’s teach you how to install The Crew addon on Kodi.
Before we get started, an important note for you. The Crew recently received an update that further expanded its range of content – and now includes IPTV as well. However, depending on your location, there might some restrictions on what kind of content you can access. We’re talking about geo-based blocks that can be successfully eliminated by using a powerful VPN for Kodi. So, make sure to read the following segment carefully and learn how to unblock The Crew Kodi addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
6 Steps to Install The Crew on Kodi in 2019
First and foremost, make sure that you’re prepared to enter this procedure. This means using the latest Kodi 18 Leia version, so update your Kodi if you haven’t done that already. And also, make sure to enable support for unknown sources on Kodi. Once done, keep on reading.
- Open Kodi and take a look at its left-top corner. Click on the cogwheel icon you’ll see there to open the application’s settings. Then, click on ‘File Manager’ and then double-click on ‘Add Source’ on the left-hand side.
- At this moment, you’ll see a pop-up window. Make sure to click on ‘<None>’ and then type in the following URL: https://team-crew.github.io/. Click ‘OK’ to confirm your entry. Make sure to name this source ‘The Crew’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up.
- Return all the way to Kodi’s home screen. Then, open ‘Add-ons’ and click on the open box icon found in the top-left corner. Then, select ‘Install from ZIP file’.
- Navigate to The Crew, which is where you’ll see a single ZIP file named ‘repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip’. Click on the file and The Crew repository will be installed within a few seconds.
- Then, select ‘Install from Repository’ and navigate to THE CREW > Video Add-ons > THE CREW. Open the addon’s overview by clicking on its name.
- Finally, you can use the ‘Install’ button to finalize the procedure. If asked to install dependencies, just confirm your decision. Wait for a few moments, and you’ll see a notification that The Crew is now installed. That’s it!
So, that would all on how to install The Crew on Kodi. To access and open this addon, return to your Kodi’s Add-ons section. Find the addon’s icon and open it. Enjoy streaming movies, TV shows, IPTV, and plenty more!
Fix The Crew Addon Errors (Not Working, Latest URL & More)
Luckily for us, The Crew is known to be a reliable and fully working addon. However, this doesn’t mean that problems and errors never appear. So, in case you’re stuck with some issues while installing or using The Crew, here are some helpful tips.
The Crew Won’t Install? Here’s What You Should Do!
In the majority of cases when The Crew won’t install, a dependency is what’s causing this problem. Without a dependency installed, Kodi blocks the installation of The Crew. A solution to this problem is to install the problematic dependency manually – which isn’t a complicated process.
We have a dedicated guide to solving this issue. With this said, we’ll point you to our article on fixing the ‘Failed to install a dependency’ error on Kodi.
How to Update The Crew Kodi Addon?
By using the latest version of The Crew, you’re making sure that the addon is working at its best. Remember that this addon receives regular updates, so it’s imperative to keep it updated all times. So, here’s how to update The Crew.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons’ using the left-placed menu.
- Then, open ‘Video Add-ons’ and find The Crew (but don’t open it just yet).
- Right-click on the addon’s name and select ‘Information’.
- Finally, use the ‘Update’ button to see if there’s an update that can be installed. If there’s one, you use the pop-up on your screen to finalize the procedure.
How to Install The Crew Addon on Firestick?
Numerous guides on how to install The Crew addon on Kodi rely on GitHub – which is clearly a problem for those who own Firestick devices. Therefore, you need to use an installation method that doesn’t involve GitHub, as explained in this article.
So, feel free to scroll up and check our step-by-step installation guide found above. We’re sure that you won’t have any problem installing this addon.
What’s The Latest Working The Crew Repository URL?
You should know The Crew addon switched to a new repository recently. So, as mentioned in our guide found above, this is the latest URL: https://team-crew.github.io/.
You’ll also find guides online that mention other URLs (like this one – https://repo.the-crew.xyz/) but these point to previous versions of The Crew, which are heavily outdated.
So, that would be all when it comes to installing The Crew on Kodi. In case of any questions, doubts, or comments, make sure to let us know in the comments section below. We’ll do our best to provide a timely response to each one of our readers.