ProtonVPN allows you to protect your privacy on all devices. Whether you are using a desktop computer, smartphone, or smart TV, ProtonVPN can protect your online identity when using the internet as it has multi-platform support available in its paid plans.
This article will walk you through how many devices you can connect to Protonvpn at once and enjoy its multi-platform functionality.
Which Subscription Plan Offers Maximum Connection?
ProtonVPN allows different numbers of devices to be connected to the VPN at once, depending upon the subscription plan of the user. The complete breakdown of this distribution is done below:
- Free plan allows you to connect 1 device to the VPN at a time. This means that even if you have multiple devices, you can only use ProtonVPN on one device at a time. If you wish to connect to more than one device, you can upgrade to a paid plan.
- Basic plan allows you to connect up to 2 devices at a time. This means you can use the same VPN account to protect the privacy of two devices simultaneously by using just one account.
- Plus plan allows you to connect up to 10 devices at a time. This means you can use the same VPN account to protect the privacy of ten devices simultaneously by using just one account.
- Just like ProtonVPN's Plus plan, Visionary plan also supports up to 10 devices simultaneously.
If you ever get this error "Maximum Connection Limit Reached" then it's time to upgrade to a better plan because the maximum number of connected devices under your current plan is already reached.
Which Platforms and Devices do ProtonVPN Support?
ProtonVPN supports a variety of devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- AsusWRT router
- DD-WRT router
- Fresh Tomato router
- Invizbox router
- iOS (e.g. iPhone, iPad)
- Nintendo Switch
- Nvidia Shield
- OpenWRT router
- pfSense router
- PlayStation (PS4, PS5)
- Tomato router
- Vilfo router
- Xbox (Xbox One, Xbox Series)
- Xiaomi Mi box
Why use ProtonVPN on Multiple Devices?
There are several reasons for connecting multiple devices to a VPN at the same time. The most popular is to unblock websites or bypass geo-restrictions for a few family members or employees. However, there are more particular reasons why a VPN is utilized to provide anonymous access to a social network from several devices.
There are six primary reasons why individuals launch VPNs on several devices:
- Geolocation concealment.
- All devices in public networks are protected, including those with local access.
- Getting around censorship.
- Unblocking Netflix regions and other streaming providers in restricted countries.
- Internet optimization (speeding up).
- Torrenting without risk.
You may connect up to 10 devices and enjoy speeds of up to 10 Gbps with ProtonVPN's premium subscription. This guarantees that your privacy is maintained even if you change devices. Read our complete ProtonVPN review for more in-depth detail.