Configuring NordVPN on your router means encrypting your complete network connection and securing all the devices you own. But NordVPN can be configured on VPN routers only. So, if you're using an ISP-provided router, it most likely won't work with NordVPN. In that case, consider purchasing a VPN router and then installing any supported firmware on it to set up NordVPN. We've provided a complete guide here to help you understand how to download, install, and use NordVPN on a router. Have a look and follow the process depending on which brand and firmware you're using.
1. First, visit the NordVPN website.
2. Next, hit the Grab the Deal button and choose a subscription plan on the upcoming screen.
3. You've to enter your payment details to complete the purchase.
4. Now, wait for a confirmation on your subscription.
5. Once you get that, follow our below-mentioned installation guides according to what router you're using and which firmware is installed on it.
- AsusWRT Merlin
- DrayTek Vigor
- OPNsense 19.1
- pfSense 2.4.4
- pfSense 2.4.5
- pfSense 2.5
- EdgeRouter and Ubiquiti
If you're using D-Link or Cisco router with its native firmware, you won't be able to run NordVPN on it. Check a list of routers that don't support NordVPN. The tool doesn't support L2TP/IPsec and PPTP protocols anymore. Hence, your VPN router must support the OpenVPN client with or without the server option to set up and run NordVPN. Whether your router supports an OpenVPN client or not, you can find it in the user manual and your manufacturer's website.
That's all! Now you know how to download, install, and use NordVPN on routers. Make sure you're following the process suitable for your device. If you have further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!