Any Netgear router can't work as an OpenVPN client until you're installing compatible firmware on it. You have to configure a compatible firmware on it first to use NordVPN on it. DD-WRT is the most popular firmware used on Netgear routers. But before you install it, check whether or not your router model is supported. Once done, follow our step-by-step guide on how to set up and use NordVPN on Netgear Routers. Let's start.
1. First, check our complete guide on how to install DD-WRT firmware on a router.
2. Once you install the firmware, visit the NordVPN website from the device you'll be using to access the WebGUI of your router.
3. Next, click the Grab the Deal button.
4. You've to choose a VPN subscription on the next screen.
5. Choose a payment method after that and enter the required details to complete your purchase.
6. Once done, you'll get a confirmation on your subscription.
7. Next, visit your router's web page by using the default IP address that you can find in the user manual of your router.
8. After that, follow our guide on how to set up and use NordVPN on DD-WRT firmware to secure your complete web connection sourced through your Netgear router.
9. In case you run into any issue while installing NordVPN, contact the support team.
10. While reaching the NordVPN team for assistance, send them a screenshot of the VPN configuration page and connection log of your router; to find the connection log navigate to the Status option on your router's web page and choose OpenVPN.
If you don't want to perform any configuration process, consider buying a FlashRouter, pre-configured with NordVPN. However, if you decide to flash a pre-existing router, do remember it comes with its own limitations, and your router's warranty will be void.
That's all! Now you know how to configure and use NordVPN on Netgear routers. If you've further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!