GL.iNet router users can easily set up the OpenVPN protocol on it and run the secure NordVPN connection. For this, you have to download the VPN server configuration file for the one in your preferred location and upload it to your router’s WebGUI. Here we've prepared a detailed step-by-step guide on how to set up and use NordVPN on GL.iNet. Have a look.
1. First, visit the NordVPN website.
2. Next, click the Grab the Deal button and choose a VPN subscription on the upcoming screen.
3. Then, enter the required details to complete your purchase and wait for a confirmation on your subscription.
4. After that, click here to get the hostname of the VPN server in your desired location.
5. Click Show available protocols next and download the configuration files.
6. Now, visit the default IP address 192.168.8.1 to access your router's web page, and type in your login credentials.
You can find the credentials in the user manual of your router.
7. Next, you have to navigate to VPN.
8. Then, choose OpenVPN Client from the list.
9. Select Add a New OpenVPN Configuration after that.
10. Now, you've to upload the .ovpn server configuration file.
11. A new window will appear now; you'll have to enter your NordVPN service credentials there.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials, i.e., username and password, in your online NordVPN account dashboard; under the Advanced configuration tab.
12. Once you enter the credentials, click Submit.
13. Next, hit the Connect button to enable the OpenVPN connection.
14. As soon as you get connected, your status will be previewed alongside your new virtual IP address.
That's all! Now you know how to configure and use NordVPN on GL.iNet. If you have further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!