There’s no doubt that PlayStation is more than a gaming-oriented platform. PS consoles act as entrainment hubs, providing access to all kinds of apps. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise to know that you can get Paramount Plus on your PlayStation – even though the app has some limitations. Here’s everything you need to know.
Which PlayStation Consoles Work With Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus is available for PS4 consoles only - as per the currently available information. That means PS5 consoles currently don't have access to the Paramount+ app.
Still, there is a workaround that allows you to get Paramount Plus on a PS5 console. So, make sure to read this article carefully, as we'll share plenty of useful tips throughout.
How to Get Paramount Plus on PlayStation
Keep in mind that Paramount Plus is currently available on PS4 consoles only. With that said, here are the steps you need to take.
- Start by getting your Paramount Plus subscription (7-day trial).
- Then, turn to your PS4 for the rest of this procedure.
- Navigate to the PlayStation Store app and select its search tool.
- Now, look up 'Paramount Plus' and open this app’s overview screen.
- Select 'Download' on the left-hand side, which will download and install the app.
- Once done, navigate to Library > Apps, and launch Paramount Plus.
- Log in following the on-screen instructions and access the app. That’s it!
Can I Watch Paramount+ in 4K & HDR on PlayStation?
Yes, you can stream and watch Paramount Plus in 4K on PlayStation. However, keep in mind that you need the right equipment for this setup to work. You can do 4K streaming on PlayStation 4 Pro only. The 'standard' PlayStation 4 supports video output of up to 1080p.
We'll also add that 4K streaming is available via Paramount Plus' Premium subscription, priced at $9.99 per month. So, if you're subscribed to Paramount Plus' Essential subscription, you will need to upgrade to access 4K content.
Also, let’s now forget to mention that you need a 4K TV and a fast-enough Internet connection. In general, it’s recommended to have a 30Mbps Web connection for 4K Ultra HD streaming.
Can't Find Paramount+ on the PlayStation Store? - Here's What to Do!
Paramount Plus is available on all PlayStation 4 models - but this streaming service's app isn't available in the entire world. So, that might be why you can't find Paramount+ on your PS Store.
In other words, you need to be located in the United States (which is where Paramount+ offers its official PS app), as the PlayStation store will scan your IP address and determine your location that way. That means your PlayStation account must be registered to a US address, as that's how you'll get access to games and apps available on the US version of the PlayStore.
Even though Paramount Plus is available outside the United States as well (in select countries), it doesn't offer apps in those countries' PlayStation Store versions. With that said, if you can't find Paramount+ in your country's PS Store, it most likely isn't yet available.
Finally, we'll remind you that Paramount+ is not yet available on PlayStation 5 consoles. We'll make sure to update this guide once the app becomes more widely available.
Can I Get Paramount+ for Free on PlayStation?
Keep in mind that you'll need to provide your payment info when subscribing to Paramount Plus. That means that once your 7-day trial is up, you will be automatically charged based on the subscription plan you've picked when signing up.
Paramount Plus Not Working on PlayStation? - Use These Troubleshooting Steps!
If you've encountered issues while using Paramount Plus on your PlayStation, there are several possible solutions to try, as explained below.
- Force-Close the Paramount+ Plus: If you have a PS4, go to its Home Screen and highlight the app you want to close. Press and hold the 'PS' button and select 'Close Application.'
- Update Your PlayStation: By keeping your PlayStation up-to-date, you can resolve a number of technical issues. We highly recommend setting your console to update on its own, so you won't have to update it manually, done using your console's settings.
- Restart Your Devices: Lastly, network-related issues can be resolved by restarting your device. We recommend unplugging your console and your router. Keep them unplugged for about 30 seconds, and then power them on again.
You can find more possible solutions in our central guide to troubleshooting Paramount Plus.
What Other Devices Work With Paramount Plus?
Aside from gaming consoles, many other devices are compatible with Paramount+. That includes phones, tablets, computers, streaming devices, and smart TVs. For more information, check the complete list just below.
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iPhones & iPads.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, TiVo, Android TV.
- Smart TVs: Vizio TVs, LG TVs, Samsung TVs, and other smart TVs.
- Consoles: Xbox.
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Chromecast.
How to Get Paramount Plus on PS4?
You can download the Paramount Plus on your PS4 using your console's app store. The app comes free of charge, but you'll need a valid subscription to access its content.
How to Get Paramount Plus on PS5?
As of right now, Paramount Plus is not available on PS5. However, you can still access its content by using the Apple TV app on your PS5.
That's because the Apple TV app allows you to subscribe to individual "channels," where you can find Paramount Plus as well. However, keep in mind that you'll need to subscribe to a 'Premium' plan that costs $9.99 per month.
How to Get a Paramount Plus PS4 Activation Code?
Upon logging in to Paramount Plus, you will need to activate your PS4 to access your content. So, here's where you can input your activation code.
You'll be asked to provide your activation code, as shown on your TV screen. Then, you'll need to log in to your Paramount Plus account. After that, Paramount Plus will reload on your PS4, giving you full access to its content library.
How to Cancel Paramount Plus on PlayStation?
The easiest way to cancel your Paramount Plus subscription would be to use its website, as the streaming service's PS app doesn't bring that functionality.
We have a guide on how to cancel your Paramount Plus subscription, so make sure to use the provided link to learn more.
That would be all on how to get Paramount Plus on PlayStation. If you have any questions about this streaming service, don’t hesitate to post a comment below. Thank you for reading!