ESPN is one of the best and most famous sports TV networks in the United States. We love to watch ESPN online, so let’s figure out how you can do this as well.
If you didn’t already know, ESPN was launched in 1979, which means that this TV network has been around for more than 40 years now. We’re not going to discuss only the main ESPN channel, but also ESPN2 and ESPN3. These are all “sister channels” and often go hand-in-hand as they give you more content to watch depending on the network that takes up the broadcast.
The ESPN channels are available in over 86 million households across the United States, and as per the latest stats – they are watched by up to 115 million viewers each month. We told you it’s quite popular, right?
How Can I Live Stream ESPN Channels?
With all the great content that ESPN broadcasts, it’s no surprise that you want to watch it online. It covers events throughout the day, and you’ll get to watch everything you love wherever you may be, whether that’s on the bus on the way home, or in the break room at work. There are a lot of platforms that were created to help you enjoy all the content you need anywhere you go. When it comes to ESPN, we can recommend you go with Hulu. This one is a single bundle service that features both ESPN and ESPN2. You can start your free trial period today!
Besides all the channels that are available in the main bundle, you can also find several premium networks and a couple of channel packs on Hulu. When you decide to subscribe to Hulu’s Live TV service, you should know that they also offer access to the on-demand library they’ve built. It’s also pretty cool that Hulu works on so many devices, considering the fact that you can watch your favorite content on iOS and Android phones and tablets, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, and more. Of course, if you want to watch on your computer, you can also do that. (Note: Hulu is a service that only works in the United States, so if you plan on traveling abroad, you should know that you will need a VPN to access the content. You can find out more by clicking here.)
Here’s how you can start your free Hulu trial:
- You’re going to have to start with the obvious first step, which is to visit the Hulu Live TV page and to click on the “Start free trial” button. They will ask for your name and email address, as well as to set up a safe password.
- You need to start setting up your subscription next by picking the Live TV plan, as well as any channel packs you may want to watch.
- Then, you will have to provide your payment information so they can bill you once the free trial is complete.
Other Ways to Watch ESPN Channels
Sling TV – Another service that hosts ESPN channels is Sling TV, which has three bundles available. ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 are found in the Orange and the Orange + Blue bundles. Depending on your choice, you will either get to watch content on a single device with the Orange plan or on four devices simultaneously with the Orange + Blue option. Start your Sling TV subscription by saving money for the first month! Besides the main bundles, you will also find a ton of other channels in the channel packs, although there are also a lot of premium networks available.
YouTube TV – Another service where you will find ESPN and ESPN2 is YouTube TV, which has a single bundle of networks. There are loads of channels we are sure you will enjoy. Also, there are plenty of premium networks. There are no extra channel packs, so you will have to make do with what is available.
How Can I Watch ESPN Channels When Traveling Outside of the United States?
When you have to travel the world for various reasons, whether it’s for pleasure or business, you need to be aware that you lose access to the platforms you are well acquainted with back home. This happens because they have to respect licensing deals and the contracts they signed, so they cannot broadcast content in areas that are not part of the paperwork, mainly anywhere that is outside of the United States.
The services themselves cannot do much to help you figure out how to watch their platforms when you are traveling, but we can show you how to do something yourself. All you will need to do is to change your IP address with a VPN so that you appear to be in the United States instead of wherever you are traveling to. If you don’t know which VPN to use, we can recommend ExpressVPN, which is an excellent tool that has thousands of servers all over the world and some great privacy features to help you out.
Here’s how to use ExpressVPN to watch ESPN channels anywhere you go:
- You will need to start by subscribing to ExpressVPN (49% OFF), which is something that will take about two minutes of your time. You simply have to visit their website and follow the few steps to create an account. Also, know that ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee policy, so if there are any issues with your subscription, you can ask for your money back. Although we do not think that’s going to be an issue taking into account our experience with the service.
- You now have to download the app for your device and run the installer. Launch the tool and log into your account so you can use the app whenever you need it.
- Now, you have to look for one of the servers that are located in the United States. Choose one and connect to it.
- When the connection has been established, the app will notify you of this and you can launch Hulu so you can start watching the ESPN channels anywhere you go.
Can I Watch ESPN Channels on the TV Network’s Website?
This is actually something that you can do because the ESPN channels have a live stream that you can enjoy. In order to watch any of the content, you will need to log in to an account by using credentials provided to you by your TV company, whether we’re talking about the live TV services we discussed above or a cable provider. The website has multiple live streams available so you can check them all out, although they may only offer selective coverage. (Note: The ESPN live streams are geo-blocked, so you will need to use a VPN if you ever travel abroad and want to continue having access to the content. You can click here to find out more about how you can do this in just a few steps.)
What Can I Watch on ESPN?
ESPN is one of those channels that has broadcasting rights for a really long list of sports events, so you can enjoy a lot of those – depending on your preferences, of course. Here are some of the events that are covered by ESPN:
- NFL – Monday Night Football
- NCAA Division I Football Championship
- PAC-12 Conference
- NBA Summer League
- Madden Bowl
- Masters Tournament
- PGA Championship
- The Open Championship
- UFC Fight Night
- Formula 1
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA European Championship
- UEFA Nations League
- CONCACAF Nations League
- US Open Cup
- Liga MX
- Copa MX
- Copa del Rey
- Supercopa de España
- Serie A
- Australian Open
- Wimbledon Championship
- US Open
- X Games
- World Series of Poker