Whether you’re in it for the speed, for the cars, or the drivers, Formula 1 is an exciting sport to watch. If you want to start watching F1 races online, we’re here to help you figure things out.
The 2019 Formula One World Championship is the 70th event of this kind and it encompasses 21 races in total. Lewis Hamilton is trying to defend his title after winning the 2018 round, his fifth championship.
So far, out of the 14 races that have already taken place, Hamilton has managed to win eight times, while Charles Leclerc, Max Verstappen, and Valtteri Bottas have each won two. With seven races left to compete in, it remains to be seen who’s going to take the trophy home, although Lewis Hamilton sure has a lot of chances to win again.
What’s the Formula 1 Schedule for 2019?
The first race of the season was held back in March in Australia, while the last one is scheduled for December 1st in Abu Dhabi. The competition has taken the drivers all over the world, from China to Spain, from Canada to Monaco, from Austria to the UK, from Italy to Japan, the United States, and Brazil. Here’s what’s left of this year’s scheduled races.
|22 September||Singapore Grand Prix||Marina Bay Street Circuit||Singapore|
|29 September||Russian Grand Prix||Sochi Autodrom||Sochi|
|13 October||Japanese Grand Prix||Suzuka International Racing Course||Suzuka|
|27 October||Mexican Grand Prix||Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez||Mexico City|
|3 November||United States Grand Prix||Circuit of the Americas||Austin, Texas|
|17 November||Brazilian Grand Prix||Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace||Sao Paulo|
|1 December||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Yas Marina Circuit||Abu Dhabi|
When and Where to Watch Formula 1 2019?
It’s so easy to watch Formula 1 nowadays, as broadcasting rights have been spread across the world. In the US, if you want to enjoy the adrenaline, you’ll have to head over to ESPN and ABC, although mostly ESPN is actually broadcasting since ABC is the parent company.
How to Watch Formula 1 Online?
There are loads of ways you can watch TV online these days, thankfully. All the live TV platforms and streaming services will help you figure out the best way to watch the Formula 1 races without cable. Given who has the broadcasting rights, your best option to watch Formula 1 online is on Sling TV. Start your Sling TV subscription with a 40% deal for your first month! There are three bundles to choose between on Sling TV – Orange, Blue, and Orange + Blue, with ESPN channels present in Orange and Orange + Blue. Your choice will also influence the number of devices you can watch content on because the Orange subscribers can only watch on one device at a time, while Orange + Blue subscribers can run four simultaneous streams. You’ll find that Sling TV is the only place you can find ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN 3.
You can deeply customize your Sling TV subscription since the main bundles have a low price and there are a ton of channel packs prepared to suit your specific interests, like news, sports, or maybe even kids shows. You can also add loads of premium networks and a-la-carte channels. There are loads of Sling TV apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Android TV, AirTV Player, Xiaomi, LG, or Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, Xbox, Fire Tablets, but you can also watch on browsers. (Note: Sling TV is a platform that only works in the US so you’re going to have to use a VPN to change your IP address and trick the site into thinking you’re back home. Click here to learn how to do this.)
Here’s everything you need to know to set up a Sling TV account and start watching Formula 1:
- Start by visiting Sling TV’s website and tapping the “Get 40% Off” button in the middle of the screen.
- You’ll get taken to a page where you have to input your email address and set up a password to register your account.
- Then, you’ll have to start your subscription process by picking the bundle you want to go with. We recommend you go for Orange+Blue because it comes with loads of advantages.
- Next, you can add channel packs, as well as the DVR feature to your package. You can also add premium channels here, such as Showtime, Epix, and more.
- With Sling TV, you can also get an NBA League Pass and an NBA Team Pass that you can add if you’re a basketball fan.
- The last step is to add Spanish or international channel packs if you’re interested in these.
- Finally, you have to provide your card data. While the current deal has Sling TV costing 40% less for the first month, they may return to a 7-day free trial model soon.
Other Ways to Live Stream F1 Races
Hulu – Topping our list we have Hulu, which is an awesome platform that comes with some great offers for subscribers, including the fact that you get to enjoy the video-on-demand library at the same time you do live TV. There’s a single bundle of channels here and it includes ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2. Start your 7-day free trial on Hulu!
PlayStation Vue – You’ll also find ESPN and ESPN 2 on PlayStation Vue, which is a great service with four bundles to choose from – Access, Core, Elite, and Ultra. You can record up to 500 programs to the cloud to watch later and enjoy content on five different devices at the same time.
How Can I Watch the Formula 1 Outside of the United States?
Watching content online is super easy to do nowadays, given how many live TV and streaming services are on the market, including Sling TV, Hulu, and PlayStation Vue, to name a few. All these services have one thing in common – they can’t allow you to watch content outside of the United States due to licensing deals that are in place. Of course, this can be quite annoying, but it’s perfectly common. What you need to bypass the blockade is a VPN which can help you change your IP address. We can recommend you go with ExpressVPN which has thousands of servers across the world and top security and privacy features.
Here’s what you need to do to unblock Sling TV outside of the US:
- First, you have to visit the VPN’s website to subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% OFF), as it only takes a couple of minutes to go through the process. Remember that the platform has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can ask for a refund if you don’t like the service for any reason.
- Then, you have to download and install the app for your device. Launch the tool and log into your account when possible.
- Now it’s time to choose a server that’s located in a United States city and connect to it.
- As soon as the connection is established, you can go ahead and load Sling TV on your device to watch Formula 1 and more.
How to Watch Formula 1 in the UK, Australia, or Canada
- If you live in Australia, you can watch on Network Ten or Fox Sports.
- In Canada, you can watch Formula 1 races on RDS and TSN.
- Over in the UK, you can watch the races on Channel 4, Sky Sports Mix, and Sky Sports.
Can I Watch Formula 1 on the ESPN website?
Well, ESPN does have a live stream that you can access, although it’s reserved for certain events only, so you’re going to have to cross your fingers and hope the F1 races are included. You’ll have to sign in to an account to watch, using your TV provider credentials, which can either come from a live TV service or a cable company. (Note: The ESPN website is only available in the United States, so you’re going to have to use a VPN to bypass the geoblockade if you want to watch when traveling. Click here to learn how to do this.)
We’d love to hear back from you so you can tell us which way you’re going to watch Formula 1 this season, so please drop us a note in the comments section below the article. Share the article online with friends and family and follow TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter for more tech news, guides, reviews, and interviews.