As you browse the Web, your IP address becomes visible to any website or online service that you use. Thanks to this IP, third parties on the Web can identify where you come from – which is how they can customize their content. So, how can you trick websites into thinking that you come from a different place? What if you’re a traveling Sweden who wants to access their favorite streaming services, online banking portal, or any other type of website? Well, you need to learn how to get a Swedish IP – and we’ll show you how.
First of all, you need to know that we’ll be discussing VPN applications in this article. That’s because by using a VPN, you’re using the most secure and effective way to obtain a new IP address. However, these applications are much more than just a way to alter your ‘virtual’ location. They automatically encrypt your Web data, and they hide everything you do online. And even though Sweden has fully implemented the EU GDPR laws via the Swedish Data Protection Authority, you should still take the matter of your privacy into your own hands. Therefore, VPNs seem like a universal solution to a large number of problems related to your privacy on the Web. And also, this is why you need to be very careful when picking a VPN, which is why we’re here to help.
Here’s what you need to know. This is how you can get a Swedish IP address in 3 steps:
- Research and find a VPN service. You’ll find three strong suggestions in this article, with ExpressVPN taking the first place.
- Next, subscribe to the chosen VPN, which will allow you to download and install the application.
- Finally, run the VPN and connect to any server in Sweden.
Step 1 – Find a Capable VPN Service
So, which VPN can get you a Swedish IP address? We’ve carefully prepared three recommendations for you, so keep on reading to learn more.
|Visit Site|| |
We’re more than sure that ExpressVPN will meet your every need, and more than that. We’ve reviewed dozens and dozens of VPNs so far – and trust us that ExpressVPN rightfully takes the first place. Having over 3,000 servers around the world, Sweden is covered as well. You can use this VPN's servers to unblock just about any website or online service easily. As noted in our ExpressVPN review, this service also does wonders for your online privacy. You get the best possible encryption, capable VPN protocols, and a whole slate of highly polished apps. With this said, ExpressVPN truly is the easiest way to get a Swedish IP address.
2. CyberGhost VPN
Next, we have a highly user-friendly VPN called CyberGhost. Being a capable alternative to our first recommendation, this VPN brings 96 servers in Sweden (located in Stockholm). You can use any of those to unblock websites available in this country only, secure your Web connection, and even download P2P files. It’s also worth noting that CyberGhost receives major updates once a year, which means it’s a fast-evolving VPN service. To learn more about its apps, performance, and other features, don’t forget to read our CyberGhost review.
As the third and final recommendation, we have IPVanish. This is one of the oldest commercial VPNs, coming from the United States. Due to its country of origin, we don’t recommend it those who want to be 100% anonymous online. However, IPVanish is known for supporting both popular and obscure platforms, having plenty of servers (14 of those are in Sweden), and it also comes with reasonably fast performance. If you’d like more information about the pros and cons to using this VPN, here’s our hands-on IPVanish review.
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
You must be wondering what’s next? Well, after you’ve chosen a VPN (and we hope that'll be ExpressVPN), here’s how to sign up for this service.
- To sign-up for ExpressVPN, you can click on the provided link. It’ll take you to this VPN official website, where you can get more information about its offer.
- Once you’re ready to finalize the sign-up process, you’ll be taken to an overview of subscription plans. They all have the same set of capabilities, and their difference is in how long this VPN’s subscription lasts, which brings the price down for the long-term plans.
- After choosing a plan, you’ll need to fill out your information and pay for this VPN. Once done, you’ll receive a welcome email message, which is when you can continue with the next step.
Step 3 – Get a Swedish IP Address by Using ExpressVPN
All there’s left is to download and install ExpressVPN. Then, you’ll use this VPN to obtain a Swedish IP address. Here’s what you need to do.
- You can log-in to your newly created account on the ExpressVPN website. This will open a dashboard from where you can download a version of this VPN for your platform of choice.
- Download the installation file and run it. Proceed with the installation until done.
- Launch ExpressVPN. To log-in, you can copy the activation code you’ll find on your account dashboard panel (on the ExpressVPN website).
- All there’s left now is to select any server in Sweden. Do this by clicking on the ‘three dots’ icon, on ExpressVPN’s home screen. You’ll be connected within a few seconds, and you’ll get to browse the Web as if you’re in Sweden from now on.
Thank you for being with us until the end of this article. If there’s anything else you’d like to know on getting a Swedish IP address, make sure to let us know. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our socials on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!