Being a game played by millions, Lost Ark isn't a stranger to connectivity issues. Many players still have a hard time connecting to servers, keeping their ping low, playing the game without any lag, and going through frequent disconnects from the game. On top of that, this game isn't the same for everyone, as it has country-based versions.
More precisely, there are versions of Lost Ark available in South Korea and Russia, and there's a version for the rest of the world. The South Korean version of Lost Ark has more classes, fewer pay-to-win mechanics, and its PvP system is more elaborate (with more modes to play, more rewards, and even a ranked system).
To resolve connectivity issues and access different versions of the game, you need a Lost Ark VPN. A VPN will improve your ping and latency when you connect to servers closer to the game servers you want to use. It can also supply IP addresses that will allow you to bypass geo-restrictions on the Korean and Russian versions.
In this article, we'll recommend the 5 best VPNs for Lost Ark and offer a guide to playing Lost Ark with a VPN. We’ll also share the best Lost Ark server locations, discuss why you need a VPN, show you how to play Lost Ark on Korean servers in English, and more.
Best Lost Ark VPNs – Our Shortlist
- ExpressVPN – Our #1-Rated Best VPN for Lost Ark
- NordVPN – Easy-to-Use Lost Ark VPN with Enhanced Privacy
- CyberGhost VPN – Gaming-Ready VPN with Specialized Servers
- Private Internet Access – Server-Rich VPN That Works with Lost Ark
- Surfshark – Beginner-Friendly VPN with Unlimited Connections
How to Play Lost Ark with a VPN from Anywhere
To play Lost Ark with a VPN from anywhere in the world, you first must find a suitable VPN and get a subscription. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Subscribe to a VPN that works with Lost Ark (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device(s) you'll use to play Lost Ark.
- Open the VPN app and sign in to your VPN account to activate it.
- Connect to a VPN server in your preferred location.
- That's it! You can now play Lost Ark from anywhere.
To get the best performance with minimal latency and ping, ensure that you connect to a VPN server closest to the location of your desired game server. For example, if you want to play on the Ealyn server (Europe West), connect to a VPN server in Western Europe.
The Best VPNs for Lost Ark
In our guide to the best gaming VPN services, we pooled together a list of criteria you should use when choosing the best VPN for Lost Ark. That said, ensure your chosen VPN has a large server network covering North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. This will provide you with access to all Lost Ark servers and game versions.
Next, find a Lost Ark VPN that offers fast Internet connection speeds and reliable performance to minimize your ping and latency and eliminate any Lost Ark lag spikes. It should also come with a kill switch, secure VPN protocols, and strong encryption.
In addition, the best Lost Ark VPN must allow at least a few simultaneous connections and have compatibility with multiple devices. Lastly, ensure you’ll get reliable, 24/7 customer support and a trustworthy money-back guarantee.
According to the criteria mentioned above, these are the 5 best VPNs for Lost Ark:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Lost Ark because it has plenty of servers in all the regions where the game's servers are located. More specifically, ExpressVPN has more than 3,000 servers in 100+ countries, covering regions like North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. It also has servers in South Korea, meaning that it can give you access to the Lost Ark Korean servers.
Since ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN on the market, it'll give you blazing-fast connection speeds and reliable performance. It can also help you reduce your ping and latency, so you can resolve Lost Ark lagging issues.
ExpressVPN comes with a wide range of useful features that will protect you online, including secure VPN protocols (Lightway, OpenVPN, and IKEv2), military-grade encryption (AES-256), a kill switch, a no-logs policy, and more. It supports a wide range of devices, including Windows PCs, laptops, routers, and more.
You can have up to 8 simultaneous connections running with ExpressVPN, which is more than enough to cover all your devices. In addition, you'll get a 30-day money-back guarantee and reliable 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Covers all Lost Ark regions.
- Fastest VPN on the market.
- Top-notch security and privacy.
- No-logs policy.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Limited customization.
|Get NordVPN Now|| |
NordVPN is another great VPN that works with Lost Ark and offers an array of servers covering North and South America, Europe, and Asia. The provider has 10+ servers in South Korea, so you can access the Korean version of the game. In total, the provider's network covers 60 countries with over 5,800 servers.
This VPN can help you minimize your ping and latency but won't reduce them as much as ExpressVPN can. However, NordVPN is still suitable for playing Lost Ark, as it will provide you with reliable performance and stable connection speeds.
NordVPN comes with a range of security and privacy features that will hide your location and ensure none of your data leaks. Some of those features include a capable kill switch, secure protocols, AES 256-bit encryption, a no-logs policy, double VPN encryption, a password manager, data leak protection, antivirus software, and more.
Also, you can play Lost Ark with NordVPN on multiple devices, including laptops and PCs (plus, you can install the VPN on routers). You're allowed up to 6 simultaneous connections, which should be enough to cover all your devices.
On top of everything, you'll also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with NordVPN and 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Feature-rich plans.
- Strong encryption and security.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Double VPN.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Slower speeds on remote servers.
CyberGhost has one of the largest server infrastructures in the VPN market, with more than 9,000 servers in 100+ countries, and some of them are specialized for different purposes, like gaming, streaming, and P2P file sharing.
It has thousands of servers in all the regions where Lost Ark is available (Europe, Asia, North America, and South America) and allows you to access the Korean and Russian versions of the game as well.
This Lost Ark VPN is excellent for Windows because it offers specialized gaming servers. It offers stable and reliable speeds and performance, so you can lower your ping and latency, especially on its gaming servers. It's not as fast as ExpressVPN, but it can still provide you with a smooth gaming experience.
You'll get strong encryption (AES-256), a kill switch mechanism, and secure VPN protocols with CyberGhost. You can use its services on up to 7 devices simultaneously, including laptops, PCs, routers, and more.
CyberGhost has a much more generous money-back guarantee than most VPNs: a 45-day policy for longer-term plans and a 14-day policy for its monthly plan. Lastly, you'll get 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Large server network.
- Specialized gaming servers.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Stable performance.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Gaming servers only on Windows.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a top-notch VPN provider with the industry's largest server network. Namely, PIA has thousands of servers in 84 countries, covering North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Connecting with the provider will reduce your ping and latency, but you might have to tweak some settings to achieve this.
Without any modifications, PIA offers medium-fast Internet connection speeds and reliable performance. However, with some protocol changes and optimization, you can increase your speed to enjoy a faster gaming experience. Unfortunately, your encryption and other security measures will need to decrease to improve your speed.
Speaking of security, PIA offers features such as strong encryption, secure VPN protocols, a kill switch, a no-logs policy, obfuscation, dedicated IPs in certain locations, and more. It also allows you to have unlimited simultaneous connections, meaning you can use it on all your devices and even share it with as many people as you want.
PIA supports many different devices, including PCs, laptops, routers, and more. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans and offers reliable, round-the-clock customer support via live chat.
- Thousands of reliable servers.
- Great for customization.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- Ideal for advanced users.
- Best for advanced users.
Surfshark is an easy-to-use VPN that gives you access to servers in all the regions where Lost Ark is available, including North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. It has servers in South Korea, allowing you to unblock and access the Korean version of the game. In total, the provider has more than 3,200 servers in 100 countries.
This provider is one of the fastest VPNs on the market, offering super-fast Internet connection speeds and reliable performance. Thus, Surfshark can help you reduce your ping significantly and keep your latency to a minimum. It's excellent for gaming and delivers a smooth experience to all users with little to no lag.
With Surfshark, you can connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously and use it on a wide range of devices, including PCs, laptops, routers, and more.
All your devices will be protected with military-grade encryption, secure protocols (WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2), a kill switch, a no-logs policy, MultiHop, obfuscation, dedicated IPs in a few countries, and more.
Finally, like the other VPNs we’ve covered, Surfshark provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and reliable, 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Super-fast speeds.
- Excellent performance.
- Top-notch privacy and security.
- Reliable 24/7 customer support.
- Covers 100 countries worldwide.
- Takes a while to connect.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Playing Lost Ark?
You need a VPN for Lost Ark to play the game with lower ping and latency, even on more crowded servers. Other reasons why you need a VPN for Lost Ark include the following:
- Bypass Geo-Restrictions – Lost Ark is not available in countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Qatar, North Korea, and Iran. Also, the Korean and Russian Lost Ark versions are geo-restricted, so they’re only accessible if you're in those specific countries. Luckily, with a Lost Ark VPN, you can bypass all those restrictions.
- Minimize Ping and Latency – High ping and latency are common issues that many Lost Ark players deal with, especially on more crowded servers. That said, if you're experiencing Lost Ark server lagging, you can change your virtual location with a VPN.
- Avoid DDoS Attacks – When a DDoS attack happens, your IP is flooded with Internet traffic, disconnecting you from the game and preventing your device from accessing the Web for a bit. VPNs can help you avoid this as they have DDoS protection measures in place.
- Bypass Bandwidth Throttling - Since a VPN hides your Internet data, your Internet provider won't see what you do online. That means your ISP won't be able to throttle your speed, giving you the full performance of your Internet connection.
- Get Around Overcrowded Servers - Every month, more than a million players visit the world of Lost Ark, which means you'll encounter overcrowded servers. With a VPN, you'll hide your physical location and force the game to connect you to less crowded servers.
- Get Cosmetics for Free - As said above, Lost Ark isn't the same across the whole world. It has country-based versions with their own characters, weapons, and skins. The best VPN for Lost Ark VPN will help you bypass those restrictions and get cosmetics not typically available in your region.
How to Choose the Best Lost Ark VPN?
To choose the best Lost Ark VPN, make sure that it offers a sizable server network, low ping, and the ability to handle your latency when playing games. This is what you need to keep in mind:
- Sizable Server Network - Your chosen VPN must offer as many servers as possible in as many locations as possible, as you'll want to target a nearby Lost Ark server.
- Fast and Reliable Performance - A VPN will slow you down, but many come with various gaming-friendly optimizations, keeping their throttling up to around 10%.
- Ability to Minimize Ping and Latency - Go for a VPN with a proven ability to keep your ping and latency in check, as that's crucial for getting a streamlined gaming experience.
- VPN Protocols and Encryption - The best Lost Ark VPN should have protocols like Lightway or WireGuard, which are typically extra-fast without compromising your security.
- Kill Switch - A kill switch ensures your data doesn't leak even if your VPN connection drops, which is how you'll evade Lost Ark's VPN detection mechanisms.
- Simultaneous Connections and Supported Devices - Go for a VPN with several connections, as that will allow you to install it on all your gaming devices and access Lost Ark from anywhere, even when you're not at home.
- Money-Back Guarantees - By getting a Lost Ark VPN with a generous money-back policy, you ensure that your money won't be wasted, as you'll get to test-drive it properly.
- Customer Support - You'll appreciate having access to a VPN with 24/7 live chat support, as that's always the most efficient way to resolve technical issues.
Best Lost Ark Server Locations
The best Lost Ark server location will vary based on numerous factors that affect the type of gameplay you're looking for. You might want more player vs. player or player vs. environment gameplay, for example. The best server to connect to also depends on what language you speak, whether you want more player-packed servers or less-crowded ones, and many more variables.
All things considered, the best game server for playing Lost Ark with minimal ping and latency is the one that is closest to your physical location. Or, if you're using a VPN, the best Lost Ark server would be the one closest to the VPN server you connect to.
When choosing your game server location, make sure to take all these different elements into account to optimize your experience.
How to Play Lost Ark on Korean Servers in English
To play Lost Ark on Korean servers in English, you'll need to find a VPN that has servers in South Korea. Here's everything you'll need to do:
- Sign up for a VPN that has South Korean servers (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN on the device(s) you'll use to play Lost Ark.
- Launch the VPN app and log in to your account.
- Connect to a VPN server in Korea.
- Make a Korean Lost Ark account using the game's Korean website.
- Download the Korean version of Lost Ark.
- Download this custom patcher for translating Lost Ark from Korean to English.
- Launch the "LaoTranslation.exe" file (run as Administrator).
- Look for Lost Ark's executable and choose English.
- Open Lost Ark via the English patch software (don't close the patcher).
- Once you're done playing, select "Restore original on close" in the translation patch. This allows the game to install updates and ensures it will continue to function properly.
Why Does Lost Ark Keep Crashing?
Lost Ark is crashing because the game files might be corrupted, your graphics drivers might be outdated, your antivirus might be blocking the game, or you’re connecting to a faulty server. Here’s what you can try:
- Verify Game Files: If Lost Ark keeps crashing on startup, its files are most likely damaged. You need to open Steam, right-click on the game, and pick ‘Properties.’ Then, select ‘Local Files’ and choose ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files.’
- Update GPU Drivers: You can fix a Lost Ark crash by updating your graphics card drivers, as it’s crucial to always have the latest ones installed. Visit Nvidia’s or AMD’s website and download the latest available software.
- Disable Your Antivirus: It’s not unusual for games like Lost Ark to be blocked by antivirus applications. You can resolve this by visiting your antivirus and disabling it temporarily.
- Use a Different Server: Lost Ark is crashing often during the evening hours when its servers get overcrowded. The best way to fix this is to use a VPN, helping you re-route your data through a server in a different region.
Can You Use a Free VPN for Lost Ark?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Lost Ark, but this is not recommended. Virtually all free VPN providers have many limitations that might do you more harm than good.
For instance, free VPNs have small server networks and usually only cover a few locations, mainly in Europe or North America. So, they won't offer servers in Korea, so you won’t be able to download and play the Korean version of Lost Ark. Also, free VPNs have low data caps and bandwidth and speed limitations. So, they'll make your ping and latency even higher instead of reducing them.
If you want to enjoy Lost Ark with low ping and latency and get restriction-free access to the game, your best option is to use a premium VPN. The best VPN providers will lower your ping, keep your latency in check, and give you access to everything Lost Ark offers.
Lost Ark has seen major success over the years, especially in Western countries. As a result, most Western servers are overcrowded, leading to high ping and latency issues. Furthermore, there are Korean and Russian versions of the game that are unavailable unless you have IP addresses from those countries. That's where a Lost ARK VPN comes into play.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Lost Ark because it has high-performance servers in all the regions where Lost Ark's game servers are located. It also allows you to access the Korean version of the game and protects you from DDoS attacks. Look no further than ExpressVPN for a seamless, secure experience playing Lost Ark.
Is Lost Ark Free to Play?
Yes, Lost Ark is free to play. It's a Windows PC game that you can download from its official website, without paying anything.
Why Is My Ping So High in Lost Ark?
Your Lost Ark ping is high because you connect to an overcrowded server when playing the game. A VPN can help with that, as it can re-route your traffic through a more optimal server.
Is Lost Ark Region Locked?
Yes, Lost Ark is a region-locked game. There are versions for South Korea and Russia, and then there's a global version available across the world.
Can You Play Lost Ark with a VPN?
Yes, you can play Lost Ark with a VPN. However, keep in mind that the use of VPNs is against the Amazon Games Terms of Service. Your account won't be banned if you use a VPN, but Amazon notes that it "may not allow future connections with these methods."
What Is the Best VPN for Lost Ark?
The best VPN for Lost Ark is ExpressVPN. It's the fastest VPN on the market, so it can lower your ping and latency significantly and allow you to play Lost Ark with no lag.
Does ExpressVPN Work on Lost Ark?
Yes, ExpressVPN works with Lost Ark. Based on our tests, it's the best Lost Ark VPN available at the moment, so we highly recommend it.
Can You Play Lost Ark on Russian Servers?
Yes, you can play Lost Ark on Russian servers, provided you can find a VPN with servers in Russia. The only provider on our list with Russian servers is CyberGhost, which has more than 60 servers in the country.
Can You Get Banned for Playing Lost Ark with a VPN?
Yes, you can get banned for playing Lost Ark with a VPN. VPNs are against Lost Ark's TOS, but if you get a powerful one like ExpressVPN, the game won't detect it.
That's all for our guide on choosing a VPN for Lost Ark. Should you have any questions or comments, you can leave them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!