With more than 80 million people living in Turkey, you’d imagine that controlling the flow of information can be close to impossible to do. However, this country went through a turbulent decade and is currently one of the most volatile areas in the world. Even though the current president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has been the key figure in this country since 2002, we’ve seen a sharp and rapid decline of freedom during the last couple of years. Naturally, this also applies to the online realm – with new websites and worldwide-popular platforms being banned on a daily basis. With this said, it’s not surpassing that many are wondering how to get a Turkish IP address, without compromising their freedom? Well, that’s precisely what we’ll talk about in this article.
Before we give you our recommendations, let’s explain quickly how to get a Turkish IP – in the first place. Well, you should know that this is done via VPN (Virtual Private Network) applications. By using such applications, you can connect to servers within Turkey – which will automatically secure your Web connection, hide everything you do online, and make sure that your data stays yours. Of course, VPNs can also be used to visit websites blocked in Turkey. For that purpose, you need a VPN with plenty of servers outside of this country, so you might want to read our article on the best VPN for Turkey. In this article, we’ll focus on those VPNs that have plenty of servers in this country.
Finally, here’s how to get a Turkish IP address in 3 steps:
- You first need to find and choose a VPN. We’ll recommend ExpressVPN for this purpose, due to the reasons explained below.
- Then, you need to get your VPN subscription. This allows you to download and install the application.
- And lastly, use the chosen VPN to connect to a Turkish server (using a simple UI, by the way). That’s it!
Step 1 – Pick a VPN Service
The biggest question here is – which VPN should you pick? Which one can give you a Turkish IP whenever you need one? Well, we have 3 options for you.
|Visit Site|| |
Offering more than 3,000 servers across the world – ExpressVPN is the easiest way to get IP addresses associated with no less than 90+ countries. Of course, it comes with servers in Turkey that bring high-end encryption to your data, along with top-level VPN protocols. You can use ExpressVPN on up to three devices at the same time, and there are brilliantly designed apps for all of the world’s most popular platforms. And as you can read in our review of ExpressVPN, this VPN has had its servers seized in Turkey a while back – and proved that it doesn’t collect a single file (no users were identified or their data seized).
We’ll end our list with PureVPN. This is a Hong Kong-based VPN service that’s been on the global market for a very long time now. Initially, it was known as the most reliable solution to fight against the Great Firewall of China. Therefore, you can be sure that it can fight against censorship that’s present throughout Turkey. It has more than 2,000 servers in total – where 6 of those are located in Istanbul. As noted in our review of PureVPN, it comes with a slate of powerful applications, strong VPN protocols, and plenty more.
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
Next, you need to get your VPN subscription. Considering that our first recommendation is ExpressVPN, we’ll use this VPN as an example of how to get a Turkish IP address.
- First, go ahead and visit the ExpressVPN website. While there, you can click on any of the prominent red buttons to initialize the sign-up procedure.
- Then, select a subscription plan. If you can invest some money right now, we highly recommend getting a long-term plan. The annual plan saves you 49% and comes with three additional months of use (free of charge).
- Once you pick a subscription plan, you need to fill out your information. Finalize the payment process and you’ll receive a welcome email message to your inbox. This means that now you can proceed to download the application from its website.
Step 3 – Get a Turkish IP Address
All there’s left now is to download and install ExpressVPN. Don’t worry, this procedure is incredibly simple, and we’ll show you how it’s done.
- Open the ExpressVPN website in your browser. Then, log-in to your account;
- Once you see your account dashboard, you’ll also see an option to download ExpressVPN (your platform should be recognized automatically). So, proceed to download the application – but don’t close your Web browser just yet.
- Once downloaded, click on the installation file and go through the setup guide. Then, launch ExpressVPN on your device.
- To log-in, you can use your activation code – found on your account dashboard (on the ExpressVPN website). So, go ahead and copy-paste the activation code.
- Finally, you can connect to a server in Turkey. After a few moments, your Web connection will be secured – and that’s how you get a Turkish IP address, the easy way!
Dear readers, this is where we end our article. If you have any question regarding how to get a Turkey IP address, make sure to let us know – you can use the comments section below. And finally, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!