We have to say that we’re not surprised to find you on this page. Many individuals want to know how to get a Canadian IP address that lets them overcome geo-restrictions. However, Canadians are also looking for a way to get a new IP address, the one that’s not being tracked by ISPs and the government. Your answer to all of these questions and issues comes in the form of VPN applications. Therefore, we’ll dedicate this entire article to talking about the best VPNs that can get you a unique Canadian IP.
Before we give you some on-point recommendations, let’s take a moment to talk about VPN applications. As you probably know, Canada is home to some pretty amazing media streaming websites, such as CBC Gem, Rogers NHL Live, DAZN, and there’s also the National Film Board website (with lots of amazing movies, documentaries, and more). Let’s also not forget to mention Global TV, City TV, and Sportsnet. The problem is that these are restricted to Canada, and you need a Canadian IP to be able to access them. Well, that’s precisely what VPNs are designed to do.
Then, there’s the question of preserving your online privacy. Canada is a member country of the 5-Eyes Alliance, and we know that it is actively pursuing mass-surveillance. It’s no secret that telecommunications companies are collecting data, where many activists are pointing to unlawful practices of intelligence-gathering operations. The good news is that you can be in charge of your privacy by making sure no one can track your online whereabouts. And once again, what you need to use is a VPN.
So, here’s how to get a Canadian IP address in 3 steps:
- First, find a reliable VPN provider. We’ll help you with this, and we’ll recommend ExpressVPN to be your primary pick. To see why - make sure to keep on reading this article.
- You will then need to buy a VPN subscription. These are premium-priced products, but they are well worth the price. Don’t worry, VPNs have become incredibly affordable services in the last couple of years.
- Finally, download the VPN application and use it get a Canadian IP address. And dear friends, that’s all you need to do!
Step 1 – Find a VPN Provider
Before you can do anything else, you need a reliable VPN service. We have three options for you, with the first place being taken by ExpressVPN. Let’s see why.
|Visit Site|| |
When choosing a VPN, you want a highly reputable solution that’s been around for quite some time. You also want plenty of servers across Canada, and you want those to perform with no throttling. Well, that’s why ExpressVPN takes the first place in this article. You can count on 3,000+ servers across the world with Canada included (located in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver). As you can see in our ExpressVPN review, you can unlock plenty of websites, and easily make sure that no one knows about your online activities. Right now, we guarantee that you won’t find a better option.
The second place goes to another highly reputable VPN service, called NordVPN. This one comes from Panama and hosts a whole slate of interesting features. It has more than 5,000 servers globally, and 206 of those are in Canada. All of those are obfuscated servers, supporting P2P traffic, and they can be used in ‘doubleVPN’ schemes. There are also high-end security features that we talked about in our NordVPN review. However, note that this option is somewhat pricey, and it comes with a fluctuating performance.
3. CyberGhost VPN
The final option that will get you a Canadian IP address is CyberGhost VPN. It’s been on the market for 7 years now and managed to prove its worth several times. You can count on getting a highly polished UI, plenty of advanced features, and there are more than 3,750 servers (with 176 being in Canada). However, just like our previous recommendation, CyberGhost can slow down the speed of your Web connection by around 40% (read our CyberGhost review for more information). Therefore, it’s a nice solution if you need total privacy. But if you need speed as well, you won’t find a better deal than ExpressVPN (our first recommendation).
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
The next second step requires you to get a VPN subscription. We do hope that you’ve picked ExpressVPN, so we’re going to use this VPN in our example. Here’s how to become a VPN subscriber.
- First, you need to visit the sign-up page for ExpressVPN. You’ll end up on this VPN’s landing page, where you need to click on any the red buttons you’ll see there.
- Now, pick your subscription. Our warm recommendation would be to get a long-term subscription, which helps you save quite a bit in the long-term. Anyway, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there’s nothing to lose. And ExpressVPN’s annual plan will also get you three additional months of use.
- Next, fill out the required information. You’ll need to enter your email address and payment details. Once done, you’ll get a welcome email from ExpressVPN’s team.
Step 3 – Get a Canadian IP Address
Finally, you can install ExpressVPN and use this application to get your unique Canadian IP. Here’s what you need to do.
- Visit ExpressVPN’s website and make sure to log-in to your account.
- Then, download ExpressVPN based on the platform you’re using. While you’re there, make sure to copy your activation code, which you’ll need to log-in to the application itself.
- Install the application, and then finally launch it. Now, use the activation code to log-in and activate your user account.
- All there’s left is to connect to a server in Canada. So, use the ExpressVPN’s home screen and click on the ‘three dots’ icon. Then, search for ‘Canada’ and double-click on any of the available servers. That’s it – you now have a Canadian IP address.
We hope that you now know how to get a Canadian IP. In case of any questions, make sure to post your comment below. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our socials on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!