Even though VPNs are legal in the majority of the world, there are still some countries where VPNs can be hard to access. Aside from trying to block how VPN tunnels work, those countries also block access to VPN websites, preventing you from downloading and installing them. With that said, our team has decided to offer assistance if ExpressVPN’s website is blocked in your region, helping you regain access to this highly popular VPN.
Know that there are 3 things to do when the ExpressVPN website is blocked. You can use a mirror website, access ExpressVPN via Tor, or download its APK file manually.
1. Access ExpressVPN via a Mirror URL
The easiest method to bypass access issues with ExpressVPN's website is by using its mirror website. After all, this VPN knows that certain countries may restrict access to its website, which is precisely why mirror websites are there.
At the moment, ExpressVPN offers three mirror URLs, and those are: expressvpn.me, expressvpn.asia, and expressvpn.xyz. All three of those mirror URLs redirect to ExpressVPN's main website, or they may act as website duplicates. That doesn't make a difference in practice since you'll get to log in to your account and download ExpressVPN from there.
In case this is the first time you’re trying to access this VPN, you’ll want to check our central guide on how to download, install, and use ExpressVPN. That guide covers more than 60 devices, and they all rely on ExpressVPN's website to get the job done (of course, you can always use any of ExpressVPN's mirror URLs instead).
2. Access ExpressVPN via Tor Browser
As a way to hide your Web data and access the above-blocked websites, you can use the Tor network. However, before you access the Tor network, you need to get the Tor browser on your device. So, here’s how that is done:
- First, use your Web browser to access Tor browser’s website.
- If you can’t access the site, use any of these Tor mirror websites: EFF, Calyx Institute, CCC.
- Then, download and install Tor on your device (Windows, macOS, Linux, or Android).
- Launch the Web browser and access its interface.
- Visit http://expressobutiolem.onion, which is ExpressVPN’s "onion" site.
- Feel free to download ExpressVPN from there, access your account, and more.
3. Download ExpressVPN APKs Manually
And finally, there’s one more thing to do if ExpressVPN’s website is blocked. However, keep in mind that this last method applies to Android devices only (those could be smartphones, tablets, media streaming devices, and more).
We’re talking here about using ExpressVPN’s APK file (Android installation file), which you can download on your Android device and then install the VPN manually. Do the following:
- Launch any Web browser on your Android device.
- Then, visit ExpressVPN’s listing on APKMirror.
- Scroll down until you see the 'All Versions' section.
- Download the latest version of ExpressVPN from there.
- Then, launch the APK file to initialize the installation procedure.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and install ExpressVPN manually.
- Open ExpressVPN and log in to your account. That’s it!
That would be all on how to bypass issues when ExpressVPN’s website is blocked. If you have questions for us, let us know via the comments section below. And lastly, we'd like to thank you for reading!