After a long fight to stay online, Torrentz2 (the successor to the original Torrentz repository) went offline in late 2020. With that said, know that Torrentz is no longer available in any form, so we recommend looking for alternatives.
Speaking of alternatives, here are the best torrent search engines. You’ll also want to check our guide to the best torrent sites overall. And lastly, if you’re just getting started with torrenting, make sure to learn how to download torrent files from The Pirate Bay.
In the end, we’d like to recommend exercising caution when looking for Torrentz alternatives. A number of malicious (mirror) sites have appeared lately, taking advantage of Torrentz’s disappearance. So, stick to proven and well-known P2P repositories only.
Without any doubt, Torrentz is one of the most popular Web destinations for those looking to download P2P files. This isn’t a regular torrent repository – instead, we’re talking about an ultra-powerful torrent search engine that’s indexing more than 61 million files. However, the question is, how to download torrents from Torrentz? Don’t worry, we’re here to provide a step-by-step guide!
Before we dive deeper, we’d like to give you a few important pointers. In case you didn’t know, you should never go for the first torrent file you see on any website. Instead, take the time to inspect each file’s specifications and learn how to download torrents safely. You need to know about the popularity of each P2P file, its health, which individual files it contains, and more. After all, you’ve heard stories of malware spreading via P2P files, and you’ll want to avoid that. Well, the good news is that Torrentz can help you find and pick the best file available.
The following guide won’t only teach you how to download torrents from Torrentz but also show you how to pick a healthy file, malware-free, and the one that’s going to download as quickly as possible. So, let’s get started.
Worried About Getting Caught Torrenting? You Need a VPN – And Here’s Why!
The world of torrenting is full of obstacles. You’ll often find torrent websites to be blocked in your country, and receiving a cease-and-desist letter from your ISP is always a threat. Getting caught torrenting can also force your ISP to cut off your connection to the Web.
That’s why, due to the following reasons, we strongly recommend you connect to a VPN in order to be safe while torrenting.
- A VPN will prevent your Internet provider from tracking your online activity. This means that you won’t have to worry about receiving a cease-and-desist letter or any similar legal consequences of downloading torrents.
- A VPN will unblock any website, including torrent repositories. This is especially important in countries where torrent sites are taken down regularly. Using a VPN, you can connect to a server in a different country and unblock what was previously inaccessible.
- A VPN will unleash the full power of your Web connection. It’s no secret that ISPs apply selective throttling based on what kind of online activity they detect. Since VPNs hide your Web traffic, you’ll get to make your Web connection faster and more reliable.
- A VPN is an all-in-one solution! There’s no need to spend hours trying to configure torrent clients or trying to build a solution to protect your torrenting. A VPN is the best and the most effective way to protect your torrenting.
Finally, don’t make a mistake thinking that all VPNs are the same. Based on our years-long experience of reviewing VPNs, the best VPN right now is ExpressVPN. This especially goes for fans of torrenting, who’ll find that ExpressVPN meets practically ALL their needs.
Right now, subscribing to ExpressVPN lets you save 49% OFF its regular price. On top of that, you get 3 EXTRA MONTHS! That means that now’s the best time to act and protect your torrenting activities.
Finally, let’s talk about what you want to know. Here’s how to download torrents from Torrentz – the easy way:
- Open torrentz2.eu in your Web browser. As you can see, we’re talking about the second generation of the popular torrent search engine, as the original version is no longer available. The second version is even better, trust us – so, here’s how to use it.
- Check out the homepage of Torrentz2. You’ll see a prominent search bar – where you can enter your search query. Alternatively, if you’re not sure what to download, you can click on the ‘MyTorrentz’ tab, where you’ll see lists of verified files. For the sake of giving you an example, we’ll search for one of Charlie Chaplin’s public domain movies.
- At this moment, you should see a list of results. Looking from the left side, you can see the torrent’s name, how old it is, how large it is, as well as the number of seeders and leechers. To download the torrent quickly, you need to make sure that the number of seeders is bigger than the number of leechers. Torrentz is already helping you with that by listing the healthiest torrents first.
- Now, feel free to click on any torrent’s name – and you’ll see its overview. This is where you will see a list of torrent trackers. These are individual torrent websites hosting the file you’re after. You need to pick the one you’d like to access, but first, make sure to take a close look at what else this page offers.
- If you scroll down, you will see other users’ feedback. The rest of the community will either verify torrents as good or indicate if there’s a virus, if it’s low quality, or if there is a password. Naturally, you can skip those problematic files.
- The final section at the bottom of the page is called Torrent Contents. This is where you can see all of the files contained within the torrent. This section is a good way to check for malicious files and anything suspicious. For example, you shouldn’t download music or movies that come with EXE (executable) files.
- Once you’re ready to proceed, return to the top of the page. Then, click on a torrent website of your choosing. In our case, we are going to click on Monova, and Torrentz2 will take us to that website.
- While you’re here, it’s safe to take another look. Don’t forget to read the available comments and see what other torrent users are saying. You can count on their feedback to avoid downloading a dangerous P2P file.
- Next, you need to use your torrent client to finalize this procedure. Once you download the torrent file to your computer, double-click on it. It will automatically open the torrent client you have installed on your computer. After a few moments, the client will start searching for seeders, and it will begin to download the files.
- Once you’ve downloaded all the files, make sure to seed that torrent for a bit. This will help other users download the file to their computers. And that’s about it!
As you can see, Torrentz2 doesn’t host files on its own – it simply acts as a gateway to individual torrent websites. With that said, we think you’ll also want to check the best Windows P2P clients as well as the best torrent clients for macOS, letting you download torrent files from any P2P website on the Web.
While you’re here, why not learn more about downloading torrenting files? We’ve prepared a series of handy articles below, so feel free to take a look.
- TechNadu’s Ultimate Guide to Torrenting
- How to Stay Anonymous When Downloading Torrents
- How to Secure & Hide Your P2P Traffic Data
- How to Stay Legal When Torrenting
- How to Spot Fake Torrents
- Best Antivirus for Torrenting
- How to Make uTorrent Faster
We sincerely hope that you’ve found this article to be useful. In case you have any questions, make sure to post a comment below, and we’ll do our best to respond in a timely manner.