Without any doubt, uTorrent is one of the most popular torrent clients. You can use it to download just about any torrent file, no matter in which format it comes. And of course, you can also download movies using uTorrent. If you keep on reading this article, that’s precisely what you’ll learn to do, as we’ll teach you the best practices (including tips and tricks).
To learn how to download movies using uTorrent, you need to understand several aspects of this operation. This is why we’ll begin with the basics, teaching you how to install this torrent client and where to look for movie torrents. And finally, we will teach you how to download a torrent movie file, in addition to seeding the file to other P2P users. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in.
Worried About Getting Caught Torrenting? You Need a VPN – And Here’s Why!
The world of torrenting is full of obstacles. You’ll often find torrent websites to be blocked in your country, and receiving a cease-and-desist letter from your ISP is always a threat. Getting caught torrenting can also force your ISP to cut off your connection to the Web.
That’s why, due to the following reasons, we strongly recommend you connect to a VPN in order to be safe while torrenting.
- A VPN will prevent your Internet provider from tracking your online activity. This means that you won’t have to worry about receiving a cease-and-desist letter or any similar legal consequences of downloading torrents.
- A VPN will unblock any website, including torrent repositories. This is especially important in countries where torrent sites are taken down regularly. Using a VPN, you can connect to a server in a different country and unblock what was previously inaccessible.
- A VPN will unleash the full power of your Web connection. It’s no secret that ISPs apply selective throttling based on what kind of online activity they detect. Since VPNs hide your Web traffic, you’ll get to make your Web connection faster and more reliable.
- A VPN is an all-in-one solution! There’s no need to spend hours trying to configure torrent clients or trying to build a solution to protect your torrenting. A VPN is the best and the most effective way to protect your torrenting.
Finally, don’t make a mistake thinking that all VPNs are the same. Based on our years-long experience of reviewing VPNs, the best VPN right now is ExpressVPN. This especially goes for fans of torrenting, who’ll find that ExpressVPN meets practically ALL their needs.
Right now, subscribing to ExpressVPN lets you save 49% OFF its regular price. On top of that, you get 3 EXTRA MONTHS! That means that now’s the best time to act and protect your torrenting activities.
- First, open uTorrent’s official webpage using a Web browser;
2. At the moment, you will see two different versions. While uTorrent Classic should be your go-to torrent client, you can use uTorrent Web in case you don’t want or can’t install the software locally;
3. Wait until the file is downloaded and double-click to initialize the installation;
4. Pay attention to every step since uTorrent might ask you to install bundled software;
5. Once the software is installed, you’re ready to dive into the world of torrenting. Let’s continue by learning how to download movies using uTorrent.
6. Now, you need to find a reliable torrent website. Here are our suggestions when it comes to the best torrent sites. In case you’d like to be sure that you’re on the safe side of the law, check out legal torrent repositories. For the sake of giving you an example, we will use The Pirate Bay, which is perhaps the biggest torrent repository on the Web;
7. Once you open The Pirate Bay in your Web browser, you will get to see a prominent search bar. You can use it to find a specific movie, or you can click on ‘Movies’ to browse the category on your own;
8. No matter which route you go, The Pirate Bay will display a long list of results. Please note that torrents at the top of this list are usually the ‘healthiest’ which means that you’ll download them faster than the others. This is because these torrents have more seeders than leechers;
9. Once you find the torrent file, go ahead and click on it. The Pirate Bay will show a nice overview;
10. To download the torrent file, click on ‘Get This Torrent.’ If the link doesn’t work, you can right-click on it and open it in a new tab. The movie torrent file will now download to your device.
11. You can double-click on the torrent file to open it in uTorrent;
12. Alternatively, you can open uTorrent and then go to File > Add Torrent. A pop-up will appear that you need to use to find the locally stored torrent file;
13. Depending on your uTorrent settings, you might be asked where you want to save the files once they are downloaded. If you don’t see this pop-up, uTorrent will download them to its default location (usually in the Downloads folder);
14. That’s it. uTorrent will now download the files on its own by connecting to seeders. In the meantime, others will be able to take bits of data from your computer.
So, that’s how you download movies using uTorrent. Once the download is done, it’s advisable to keep uTorrent active for a while. This means that you’ll be seeding the torrent file and helping other torrent users to download them.
Dear readers and visitors, this is where we end our article. We do hope that you’ve found this article useful and that you have managed to download a movie torrent. In case of any issues, please let us know in the comments section below.