Since PUBG is a widely popular game, many players experience constant lags and high ping, especially if they play on crowded, long-distance game servers. Moreover, PUBG Mobile is currently banned in many countries like China, India, and Afghanistan—plus, the PUBG Mobile global version was shut down in Korea and Japan. And if that wasn’t enough, most PUBG players can’t access bot lobbies unless they take complicated steps to trick the game.
Luckily, all these issues can be fixed with a VPN for PUBG. With a powerful VPN, you can play PUBG Mobile from countries where it’s banned, gain access to bot lobbies, protect yourself against DDoS attacks and doxxing, and get exclusive skins and weapons. Furthermore, you’ll avoid ISP throttling and reduce your ping, so you can play PUBG with little to no lag.
In this guide, we’ll share the top 5 PUBG VPNs along with a step-by-step tutorial on how to use one. We’ll also offer some troubleshooting steps if your VPN won’t work with PUBG, discuss PUBG Lite, and much more.
So, let’s begin!
Top 5 Best PUBG Mobile VPNs – Our Shortlist
- ExpressVPN – Our #1-Rated VPN for PUBG
- NordVPN – High-End Privacy VPN for PUBG Mobile
- CyberGhost VPN – Gaming-Optimized PUBG VPN
- Private Internet Access – PUBG Mobile VPN for Advanced Users
- Surfshark – Best VPN for PUBG for First-Time Users
How to Unblock PUBG from Anywhere with a VPN
To unblock PUBG from anywhere with a VPN, you must find a suitable VPN with servers near PUBG data centers and get a subscription. Here’s exactly what to do:
- Subscribe to a VPN that works with PUBG (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device(s) you’ll use to play PUBG.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in to your account.
- Connect to a VPN server in a country where PUBG is available.
- Open PUBG or PUBG Mobile and start playing!
When choosing a VPN server, find one that is as close as possible to the game server you’ll play on. That way, you’ll have the best experience with low ping and latency.
The Best VPNs for PUBG in 2023
In our guide on the best gaming VPN providers, we established a set of criteria that you should follow to find the best VPN for PUBG. According to those criteria, you’ll need a PUBG VPN with a vast server network with servers in countries like Singapore, Lithuania, and Serbia, which will give you access to PUBG bot lobbies. Also, make sure your VPN offers reliable performance and fast speeds so that you can minimize your ping and keep latency under control.
The PUBG VPN you choose should also have a capable kill switch, gaming-friendly VPN protocols, and strong encryption. Moreover, it must be compatible with devices on which PUBG is available, including phones, PCs, gaming consoles, and routers. It should also offer a few simultaneous connections and reliable 24/7 customer support. Lastly, find a provider with a generous money-back guarantee so that you can get a refund if you don’t like its services.
Based on the criteria mentioned above, here are the 5 best VPNs for PUBG:
1. ExpressVPN – Our #1-Rated VPN for PUBG
|Try Risk-Free|| |
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for PUBG Mobile on the market, thanks to its huge coverage and excellent unblocking capabilities. The provider offers 3,000+ servers in 94 countries, including Lithuania and Serbia, plus 3 locations in Singapore, which are all places to best access bot lobbies. You’ll also be able to download PUBG Mobile in restricted countries.
If you’re looking for lightning-fast Internet connection speeds and super-reliable performance, then ExpressVPN is the perfect solution for you. It’s the fastest VPN on the market and can lower your ping and keep latency under control, providing you with a smooth gaming experience.
The provider also has a capable kill switch, which will automatically stop your Internet traffic if you disconnect from your VPN. That way, your data will be safe at all times. And speaking of keeping your data safe, ExpressVPN comes with a plethora of security and privacy features like secure VPN protocols and military-grade encryption.
You can have up to 5 simultaneous connections with this provider and use it on many different devices, including phones, PCs, routers, gaming consoles, and more.
The provider also has reliable 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which you can use as a risk-free trial.
- Provides access to bot lobbies
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Lightning-fast Internet connection speeds
- Reliable performance
- Ideal for gaming
- Only 5 simultaneous connections
2. NordVPN – High-End Privacy VPN for PUBG Mobile
|Visit Site|| |
NordVPN is an excellent PUBG VPN provider that has a wider server network than ExpressVPN, comprising more than 5,600 servers in 60 countries. With it, you can access bot lobbies by connecting to a server in countries like Lithuania, Serbia, and Singapore. The provider has multiple servers in both Serbia and Lithuania and more than 110 servers in Singapore.
This provider can help you reduce your ping and keep your latency stable, but not as much as ExpressVPN can. NordVPN will provide you with stable performance and fast connections, but its speeds will drop on more remote servers.
NordVPN offers high-end privacy and security features and will easily protect you from DDoS attacks. Its features include a kill switch, secure VPN protocols, AES 256-bit encryption, a no-logs policy, and a double VPN feature. With the double VPN feature, your Internet traffic will be encrypted twice instead of once, increasing your level of protection.
The provider supports many different devices, including routers, consoles, phones, and PCs, and allows you to have up to 6 simultaneous connections running. You can try out its services risk free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee and request a refund via its 24/7 live chat feature.
- Top-notch security and privacy
- Support for multiple devices
- Stable and reliable performance
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 110+ servers for bot lobbies
- Slower compared to other VPNs
3. CyberGhost VPN – Gaming-Optimized PUBG VPN
|Visit Site|| |
CyberGhost is a well-known VPN provider that has one of the biggest server networks on the market. It covers 91 countries with more than 9,000 servers, so undoubtedly, you’ll find a suitable one to access and play PUBG with no restrictions. The provider has 24 servers in Lithuania, 15 in Serbia, and 24 in Singapore, and you can choose whichever location you’d like to access bot lobbies. The provider also has specialized gaming servers available for Windows users only.
With CyberGhost, you’ll get fast connections and reliable performance with low ping and latency. And if you use one of its gaming servers, you’ll enjoy even better speeds and a more optimized gaming experience.
You can use CyberGhost to play PUBG on many different types of devices and operating systems, including your phone, laptop, PC, console, and more. It allows you to have up to 7 simultaneous connections—more than both NordVPN and ExpressVPN. What’s more, all your devices will be completely protected with features like strong encryption, secure VPN protocols, and a capable kill switch.
If you’re not sure if this provider is the right fit for you, you can try out its services risk free and find out. It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee on its longer-term subscriptions and a 14-day money-back guarantee on its monthly plan. Lastly, like many other premium VPNs, CyberGhost also offers reliable 24/7 customer support.
- Suitable for entering bot lobbies
- Generous money-back guarantees
- Covers 91 countries
- Offers specialized servers
- Highly secure
- Windows-only gaming servers
4. Private Internet Access – PUBG Mobile VPN for Advanced Users
|Visit Site|| |
Private Internet Access (PIA) offers thousands of servers in 84 different countries worldwide—the largest server network on the market. You can use it to connect to servers in Lithuania, Serbia, and Singapore and easily access bot lobbies. The provider also has excellent content-unblocking capabilities, allowing you to download and play PUBG Mobile in countries where it’s restricted.
All the provider’s servers work with secure VPN protocols, including WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPsec. PIA also offers excellent security and privacy features, including a no-logs policy, military-grade encryption, and a kill switch mechanism. Moreover, should you want more security, you can get an extra layer of protection with features like obfuscation.
PIA allows users to tweak their VPN settings and optimize them for better speed and performance. However, it still offers medium-fast Internet connection speeds that will slightly lower your ping. On the other hand, it offers stable performance and can keep latency in check.
The provider allows unlimited simultaneous connections and is compatible with many different platforms like gaming consoles, phones, PCs, laptops, and routers. And like most of the VPNs on our list, it also offers 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Largest server network available
- Compatible with multiple devices
- Many customization options
- Wide access to bot lobbies
- Unlimited connections
- Average Internet connection speeds
5. Surfshark – Best VPN for PUBG for First-Time Users
|Visit Site|| |
Surfshark is a capable PUBG VPN provider that offers servers in Serbia, Lithuania, and Singapore. In total, it offers over 3,200 servers in 100 countries worldwide, which means that you can easily access bot lobbies in many different locations. In addition, it allows unlimited server switches, so you can switch to a different one whenever your server gets crowded to ensure gameplay with low ping and latency.
This provider offers super-fast Internet connection speeds and performance, so you’ll get low latency and ping even without server-hopping. Surfshark also comes with top-notch security and privacy features that will protect you from DDoS attacks and prevent doxxing. Some of those features include highly-secure VPN protocols, military-grade encryption, a capable kill switch, MultiHop, obfuscation, and more.
Like PIA, Surfshark also allows unlimited simultaneous connections, which is pretty rare in the VPN market. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices, including phones, routers, gaming consoles, PCs, and more.
You can try it out risk free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee and get a full refund if it doesn’t meet your needs. And if you have any issues, you can solve them quickly by contacting its 24/7 customer support team via live chat.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Beginner-friendly interface
- DDoS protection
- Reliable 24/7 customer support
- Ability to access bot lobbies.
- Fewer servers than its competitors
Why Do You Need a VPN for PUBG?
You need a VPN for PUBG to access less-populated lobbies and versions of the game that aren’t available everywhere. Other reasons why you need a VPN for PUBG include the following:
- Play in Bot Lobbies – Bot lobbies for PUBG are available in certain regions, with the best ones being Serbia, Singapore, Lithuania, Greece, Albania, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. A VPN allows you to connect to one of these countries and access bot lobbies.
- Access PUBG Mobile – PUBG Mobile is blocked in India, China, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Pakistan, Nepal, and Afghanistan. If you want to play in these countries, you’ll need a powerful PUBG Mobile VPN to change your virtual location so you can access the game.
- Use the Korean and Japanese Versions of PUBG – The global version of PUBG Mobile was shut down in Korea and Japan, so they created their own PUBG Mobile versions with better graphics and gameplay. If you want to access these versions, you’ll need a VPN for PUBG Mobile to connect to a server in those countries and download the game.
- Protect Yourself Online – DDoS attacks and doxxing are common occurrences in gaming, and PUBG players aren’t spared from them either. With a VPN, you can protect yourself from these attacks because it will give you a new IP address and hide your personal information from everyone, including hackers.
- Get Faster Internet Connections – No matter which game server you choose, a VPN can help you get faster speeds and lower ping. The only thing you’ll need to do is connect to the VPN server nearest to the one you’re playing on.
Does PUBG Lite Still Work?
No, PUBG Lite doesn’t work anymore. It was discontinued in April of 2021, a few months after the PUBG publisher announced that all PUBG games would be free to play.
PUBG Lite was introduced in 2015 as a lower-end version of the original PUBG Mobile game. It was designed for budget mobile devices and came with all the same mechanics as PUBG Mobile.
Even though PUBG Lite was terminated at the beginning of April of 2021, people could still play it until April 29th, 2021. New downloads were also unavailable then, and player support was finally terminated on May 29th, 2021.
PUBG Mobile Not Working with a VPN – How to Fix?
If you find yourself in the rare situation where PUBG Mobile isn’t working with your VPN, you can try one of the following easy fixes to repair it:
- Change Your VPN Server – The best PUBG Mobile VPNs offer a wide range of servers you can choose from, so if PUBG isn’t working with your VPN, you can disconnect from the server you’re using and connect to another one. This can fix issues like server-side technical difficulties and downtime on the server you’re using.
- Update Your VPN’s Software – VPNs are constantly adding new features and fixing old bugs in their systems. To ensure this doesn’t cause you to disconnect from your VPN, you can enable auto-updates on your devices and make sure you always have the latest version of your VPN installed.
- Try a Different VPN Protocol – When using a VPN, you’ll either want OpenVPN or WireGuard as your default protocol for playing PUBG. If one of them isn’t working, you can switch to the other one and see if that fixes the problem.
- Restart Your WiFi – WiFi issues can cause your VPN connection to fail. If this happens, restarting your router should do the trick.
- Check Your IP – If you’re using a VPN to play PUBG Mobile from a country where it’s blocked, an IP leak can cause your game to stop responding and shut down.
- Reinstall Your VPN – You can always try reinstalling your VPN to fix whatever connectivity issues you have. By doing so, you’ll also ensure that you have the latest version with all the new updates.
Can You Use a Free VPN for PUBG?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for PUBG, but we recommend you avoid free VPNs if you can. Free VPNs aren’t secure at all, and they can endanger your privacy instead of protecting it. Also, they’re slow, and instead of lowering your ping and latency, they’ll most likely increase them even more.
In addition, free VPNs come with low data caps and bandwidth limitations, which will only shorten your gaming session, along with offering slow performance. Also, they don’t have large server networks, so accessing bot lobbies is out of the question.
If you want to enjoy PUBG Mobile to the fullest wherever you are, we recommend skipping free VPNs completely and going directly for a premium one. Only the best VPN services can give you access to PUBG Mobile in restricted countries and allow you to play in bot lobbies with no lag and low ping.
PUBG comes with its fair share of restrictions. Whether it’s the fact that the game is banned in certain countries, has country-specific game versions, or offers limited access to bot lobbies, many players certainly face limitations on a daily basis. Luckily, all these problems can be solved easily with a VPN for PUBG.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for PUBG because it can give you access to the game in restricted countries and has plenty of servers you can use to play in bot lobbies. Furthermore, it offers high-end security and privacy features, and it’s the fastest VPN on the market, making it ideal for gaming.
Can You Play PUBG with a VPN?
Yes, you can play PUBG with a VPN. In addition, you can unlock different PUBG versions and free skins by using a VPN.
What Is the Best VPN Server for PUBG?
The best VPN server for PUBG depends on the skill level you want to play at and where the game server for your level is located. For instance, Asian servers are the most difficult options, while the servers in the Korean and Japanese regions are the easiest.
The best VPN server will therefore be the one closest to the PUBG server you choose to play on.
What Is the Best VPN for PUBG Mobile?
The best VPN for PUBG Mobile is ExpressVPN. It can protect you while you’re playing, give you access to the game in countries where it’s not available, and provide you with lightning-fast speeds, low ping, and low latency.
Are VPNs Legal in India for PUBG?
Yes, VPNs are legal in India for PUBG. You can freely get a subscription and use a PUBG VPN to play on your favorite game server with no lags and low ping.
Is PUBG Lite Discontinued?
Yes, PUBG Lite is discontinued and is no longer available to anyone. It was terminated in April of 2021 with no plans to return at a later date.
That about wraps it up! We hope this guide has helped you choose a VPN for PUBG. If you have any additional remarks or questions, you can share them via the comments section below.