Epic Games, the creator of Fortnite, has implemented a range of bans as a way to punish any kind of tampering with the game. However, no matter the reason for your ban, we agree that those measures can be a bit too harsh at times. With that said, let’s talk about how to get unbanned from Fortnite, alongside giving you some valuable tips.
Just below, you’ll find two steps to resolve, appeal, or bypass your Fortnite ban. Make sure to read the following content carefully, as you can decide how to act only after knowing the type of Fortnite ban that applies to your specific case.
Step #1: Know the Type of Fortnite Ban Imposed on Your Account
At the moment, there are three types of Fortnite bans. It’s important to know which of those applies to your case before you try to appeal or bypass the ban. Read more below.
- An IP ban is based on your device’s IP address. That’s your device's unique digital address, required to establish any kind of Web data transport. To bypass this ban, you need to change your IP address, which can be done using a VPN service.
- An account ban puts restrictions on your Fortnite (Epic) account. In this case, your account gets flagged, making it impossible to access the game. More often than not, your IP will be flagged as well, which makes this type of ban somewhat complex.
- A hardware ID ban works by blocking your device from accessing Fortnite. Since there’s no way to change or hide your hardware ID, the only option in this case is to use a different device. Know that every computer, smartphone, or tablet has a unique ID.
On top of everything said above, there are temporary or permanent Fortnite bans. A temporary ban can last up to 30 days, while a permanent ban can lead to having your account deleted for good (without a chance of recovering your saved data).
Step #2: Decide Whether to Bypass or Appeal Your Fortnite Ban
Just below, you’ll find three different workarounds based on the types of the previously mentioned Fortnite bans. Based on your specific case, jump to the segment that helps you get unbanned from Fortnite.
Get Unbanned from Fortnite – In the Case of an IP Ban
Bypassing a Fortnite IP ban is done using a VPN service. That type of software lets you switch to a new IP in an instant, making it a bulletproof option. Do the following.
- First, check our guide on the best VPNs for Fortnite.
- Inspect your options carefully. Know that we recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Subscribe to your chosen VPN and make sure your account is active.
- Then, download the VPN to your device (the one with Fortnite installed).
- Launch the VPN, log in to your account, and reach its home screen.
- Connect to a server in your country (preferably) to get the fastest speeds.
- Alternatively, you can connect to a VPN server in some other country.
- Ensure that you have an active VPN session before you proceed further.
- Launch Fortnite and access your account and save data.
- That’s it! Your access to Fortnite should be without any restrictions.
Keep in mind that your VPN will need to run each time you play Fortnite and through the entire duration of your gameplay session. Disconnecting the VPN while Fortnite is active will reveal your IP address, leaking your data (and possibly leading to a permanent ban).
Get Unbanned From Fortnite – In the Case of an Account Ban
When it comes to Fortnite account bans, we first recommend contacting Epic Games and trying to have that issue resolved. With that said, here’s how to use the official means to have your account restored to being active.
- Using any Web browser, visit this page on the Epic Games website.
- Log in to your account (the one you use for Fortnite).
- At this moment, you should be redirected to the ticket submission form.
- Enter your display name and provide your Fortnite account email address.
- You’ll also need to pick the affected platform.
- Describe your problem in the best way you can. Ask for your account to be reviewed.
- Submit your appeal and wait for a response.
In case you get a negative response, that means you need to wait for the ban on your account to expire. However, if that ban is permanent, you’ll need to start from scratch (using a VPN to hide your IP). So, go through the following.
- Before you do anything else, we recommend reinstalling Fortnite.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need to start from scratch using a new account.
- Then, make sure to have a VPN subscription. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download your chosen VPN app and then access it (reach your VPN’s home screen).
- Connect to a VPN server in your country or found somewhere nearby.
- Ensure that your VPN session is active, as indicated by your VPN’s home screen.
- Now, register for a new Epic Games account.
- Once done, proceed to launch Fortnite on your device.
- Access your newly created account.
- That’s it! Fortnite should now work without any issues.
Once again, we remind you to keep your VPN active at all times. Disconnecting in the middle of your gameplay will leak your "true" IP address. If that happens while your ban is active, you could risk being banned permanently.
Get Unbanned From Fortnite – In the Case of a Hardware ID Ban
When it comes to Fortnite’s hardware ID bans, you’ll need to use a different device to access your Fortnite account. There’s no way to change your hardware ID, which means there’s no way to bypass this block.
Still, keep in mind that hardware ID bans can be combined with an IP address or account ban. Therefore, you need a solution that encompasses all those situations. Check below for our recommendation on what to do.
- First, install Fortnite on some other device (a computer, smartphone, or tablet).
- Then, try accessing your Epic Games account once you start the game.
- If you see that your account is banned, here’s what you need to do.
- If you see that your IP is banned, make sure to follow these steps.
- Should you decide to go with a VPN, we recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Keep your VPN active as long as you play Fortnite. That’s it!
Why Do Fortnite Players Get Banned?
Fortnite players get banned once their in-game actions break the Epic Games’ Code of Conduct.
Some of the possible reasons a Fortnite player can get banned include - intolerance and discrimination, impersonation, cheating, deceptive practices, and more.
How Long Is a Fortnite Ban?
A Fortnite ban can be temporary (up to 30 days) or permanent (in the case of repeated offenses, which leads to an indefinite ban).
What Happens When Fortnite Bans You?
When Fortnite bans you, you won’t be able to access the game for a while (up to 30 days). After that, your ban will be lifted without any long-term consequences.
If you keep going against the game’s Code of Conduct, that can lead to having your account disabled indefinitely (which also includes having your saved data deleted).
What’s the Easiest Way to Bypass a Fortnite Ban?
In most cases, using a VPN service is the easiest way to bypass a Fortnite ban – since the majority of Fortnite bans are IP address-based.
Should You Use a Free VPN to Bypass a Fortnite Ban?
Free VPNs aren’t suitable for gaming as they come with limited speeds and bandwidth restrictions. You won’t find a single free VPN that helps you bypass a Fortnite ban.
That would be all on how to get unbanned on Fortnite. If you have any questions or us, let us know via the comments section below. And lastly, thank you for reading!