NordVPN has proxy servers in different countries that allow you to use a secure connection without installing any NordVPN client. So, no matter what device you're using to access qBittorrent, you can easily get a virtual IP when connected to one of these Proxy servers. Here we've curated a detailed step-by-step guide on how to set up NordVPN Proxy on qBittorrent. Have a look to download your desired torrent file anywhere.
You must consider installing the NordVPN client app for the device you're using to get the maximum online security while using qBittorrent.
1. First, visit the NordVPN website.
2. Next, click the Grab the Deal button and choose a subscription on the next screen.
3. Now, enter the required details depending on what payment method you've picked and confirm your purchase.
4. Once done, you'll receive a confirmation of your purchase.
5. Open qBittorrent after that.
6. Go to Tools next and choose Options.
7. Alternatively, you can use the Alt+O shortcut to open Options in qBittorrent.
8. You have to select the Connection category now from the sidebar menu.
9. Next, under the Proxy Server section, enter the details mentioned below:
- Type: Socks5
- Host: Enter any address from the list below to connect to that location:
amsterdam.nl.socks.nordhold.net atlanta.us.socks.nordhold.net dallas.us.socks.nordhold.net los-angeles.us.socks.nordhold.net nl.socks.nordhold.net se.socks.nordhold.net stockholm.se.socks.nordhold.net us.socks.nordhold.net
- Port: 1080
- Use proxy for peer connections: Check the box
- Authentication: Check the box
- Username: NordVPN service username
- Password: NordVPN service password
Find your NordVPN service credentials from your online account dashboard; under the Advanced configuration tab.
10. Once done, click OK to save the settings.
11. If you want to check whether or not your virtual IP address is activated, first visit this website.
12. Next, scroll down, find Torrent Address detection, and click the Activate button.
13. Then, click on this Magnet Link option, and a new pop-up window will appear asking for permission to open qBittorrent; click the 'Open qBittorrent - A...torrent Client' button.
14. Now, qBittorrent will launch automatically, and the magnet link will start to synchronize.
15. When you see it connecting to the P2P network, go back to the ipleak.net website.
16. Now, check for the virtual IP address you've picked to use with qBittorrent; it should appear on this website.
17. Once you get the IP, that means qBittorrent is using a NordVPN Proxy server to download files.
That's all! Now you know how to set up and use NordVPN Proxy on qBittorrent. If you have further queries, reach us through the below comment button. Thanks for reading!