If you play Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 or Warzone Caldera regularly, you already understand the importance of lowering your ping and finding bot lobbies by avoiding CoD's matchmaking system. However, achieving that is not a cakewalk, especially when so many veteran players stay active throughout the day. That said, the ExpressVPN Warzone combination is exactly what you need - and we're about to show you how to set up ExpressVPN for Warzone, revealing many tips along the way.
As per our guide to the best Warzone VPN, ExpressVPN is the most powerful option when it comes to streamlining your CoD Warzone sessions. This VPN has the power to lower your ping, improve your latency, and give you access to Warzone bot lobbies. That's because this VPN has 3,000 servers in 90+ countries, all of which let you bypass CoD's SBMM system.
Of course, you'll want to know how to use ExpressVPN for Warzone to optimize your gaming sessions. That's exactly what we'll explain in this article, showing you a lot of tips and tricks on how to pair ExpressVPN with Warzone 2.0 and Warzone Caldera.
Let's jump right in!
Does ExpressVPN Work with Warzone 2 and Caldera?
Yes, ExpressVPN works with Warzone 2 and Caldera. It comes with a huge server network that enables you to access the game from whatever location you're presently in.
Also, it encrypts your data and hides your IP address to make sure you can bypass ISP throttling and any network surveillance. That's why playing Warzone on your office or school Wi-Fi becomes easier, and your network admin will never know what you're doing online.
Moreover, ExpressVPN works on all currently popular platforms, including the ones supported by this video game. You can even use this VPN on all VPN-non-supported devices like PlayStation or Xbox by installing it on a router.
Hence, you can play CoD: Warzone on any device of your preference and get solid online privacy and security once you sign up with ExpressVPN.
How to Setup & Use ExpressVPN for Warzone to Get Bot Lobbies
ExpressVPN has servers in all the countries where not many CoD players are active. So, you can bypass the SBMM algorithm and get Warzone bot lobbies using the following steps:
- Visit the ExpressVPN official website to get your subscription to this VPN.
- Then, click "My Account" using the top-placed main menu on ExpressVPN's site.
- Provide your credentials and access your ExpressVPN account dashboard.
- Download and then install ExpressVPN on your gaming device(s).
- Launch ExpressVPN and use your credentials to reach the application's home screen.
- Connect to a server in a country without too many Warzone players.
- Launch CoD Warzone and you'll get access to bot lobbies. That's it!
It's said that countries such as Argentina, Egypt, Sri Lanka, and Singapore are all good locations to get ExpressVPN Warzone bot lobbies. Also, it's a good idea to use a VPN server in a country or location that's 8 hours ahead of you, especially if you play in the evening hours.
Is ExpressVPN Good for Warzone?
Yes, ExpressVPN is more than good for Warzone. It has a plethora of features to enhance your gaming experience. We've mentioned all these key aspects that make ExpressVPN a good choice for Warzone, so check them out below.
- High Speed and Unlimited Data Usage on All Servers: ExpressVPN has servers in 160 locations and 90+ countries that not only reduce ping in games but also help you get maximum speed and security no matter what region you're connecting to. Alongside that, you get unlimited bandwidth on all these servers to play as long as you want. Since it has more than one server in a single location, you always have options to find and connect to the one with less user load.
- Military Grade Security for Protection Against Hackers and DDoS Attacks: ExpressVPN encrypts your online traffic with AES-256 bit keys that ensure complete online anonymity. Yes, when your traffic data is turned into ciphertext, no third party, including hackers, can decode it. Hence, you get complete protection against identity theft and other hacking activities like DDoS attacks and swatting. In addition to that, ExpressVPN uses some of the most reliable tunneling protocols, i.e., Lightway, OpenVPN, IKEv2, etc. These protocols connect you securely to the VPN servers and ensure a smooth and continuous connection. In fact, the Lightway protocol helps the VPN connection persist even when you switch between the networks. That's why ExpressVPN is one of the best choices to play Warzone on the go, over a public or home network.
- Zero-logging Policy and Network Kill Switch: ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy under which it doesn't store any data regarding your browsing activity or history. Its RAM-only servers assign you a dynamic IP each time you reconnect and remove your imprints as soon as you log out. Since none of your traffic data is recorded, you won't face any trouble bypassing geo-restrictions and playing Warzone from a blocked region. Moreover, its kill switch restricts the traffic flow as soon as your VPN connection drops. The leak protection feature is also there to hide your IP in such events. That's why your ISP can never recognize your online traffic and go for a deep inspection to cap your data.
- Multi-Platform Support and 24X7 Live Chat Service: No matter what device you're using to play Warzone, all the benefits mentioned above will be available. Yes, ExpressVPN supports more than 60 devices and platforms, including routers, to offer you online security for all of your gadgets. It also helps its users with a 24x7 available chat support team. In case you face any issue with the installation process or VPN speed and performance on any device, you can get an instant resolution by connecting with the support team.
Best ExpressVPN Server Location for Warzone
The best ExpressVPN location for Warzone can be found across many regions in Europe, the US, South America, and Asia-Pacific. We've listed them just below.
That said, though Activision hasn't really disclosed CoD: Warzone game server locations, we've tested the performance of this game while connecting to different ExpressVPN servers. So, connect to these servers when using the ExpressVPN Warzone combo:
- Europe - London- and Frankfurt-based servers perform well.
- US - Use the Los Angeles- or Washington DC-based server.
- South America - ExpressVPN's server in Sao Paulo renders perfect speeds for gaming.
- Asia Pacific - Tokyo, Sydney, and Singapore, all three servers work well.
Does ExpressVPN on Warzone Lower Your Ping?
Yes, ExpressVPN can lower your ping when used with CoD Warzone.
Lag is directly related to ping, which can be defined as the delay between a player's input and the server's response to those inputs. If that server is far away, your ping will go up - which means it will take longer for your input to register. And therefore, your game will start to lag.
ExpressVPN helps with that by routing your traffic through its own server. So, your data will take a more optimized route, resulting in lower ping and lower latency. A ping under 100mbs is acceptable for Warzone 2 and Caldera, and ExpressVPN can achieve that easily.
You can find more information in our guide that explains why is Warzone so laggy, including how you can fix that problem.
Can You Get Banned for Using ExpressVPN on Warzone?
Keep in mind that Activision only bans those accounts involved in hacking activities. Unless you resort to the ExpressVPN Warzone combo to hide your use of cheating software, you should not worry about getting banned. On top of that, permanent bans are typically used for extreme or repeat offenses.
To be on the safe side, if you plan to use ExpressVPN Warzone to get bot lobbies, make sure not to overuse the VPN. You'll want your stats to grow slowly, as big jumps through CoD's ranks can force Activision to take a closer look at your account.
ExpressVPN Warzone Not Working - How to Fix?
When ExpressVPN doesn't work with Warzone, make sure to update the VPN app, switch to another VPN server, and try another protocol. You can find more detailed information below.
Before going any deeper, run some preliminary checks. We recommend disconnecting from the VPN and then trying to access any website to see if your Internet connection works. If everything is okay, turn to ExpressVPN, as explained below.
Step 1: Update ExpressVPN to the Latest Version
Your device must run the latest version of ExpressVPN to make sure no bugs or glitches interfere with the ExpressVPN Warzone combination. This VPN releases updates every couple of weeks, so it's important to check for patches from time to time.
For more info, here's our guide on how to set up ExpressVPN on all its supported devices.
Step 2: Connect to a Different VPN Server
The VPN server you're trying to connect to might be temporarily unavailable. In that case, you need to connect to a different ExpressVPN Warzone server, using these steps:
1. Open your ExpressVPN app and move to the name of the server location where you're presently connected to (just below the prominent ON/OFF switch).
2. Click the three horizontal dots from the right-hand side of the present server name.
3. Choose your preferred server location on the next screen and double-click to connect.
Step 3: Change the VPN Protocol
Though ExpressVPN recommends using the "Automatic" protocol option, if you're facing any issues, you must try changing the protocol by following these steps:
1. Launch your ExpressVPN app and click the hamburger menu button from the top-left corner and choose "Options" from the menu.
2. On the next screen, move to "Protocol" and choose any you'll see on your screen. We recommend going with OpenVPN or Lightway.
Step 4: Add ExpressVPN to Your Antivirus Exclusion List
Sometimes, ExpressVPN can stop working because of a conflict with your security software or antivirus. To test whether your antivirus is the reason or not, you need to turn it off and check if ExpressVPN is working fine. If it does, add ExpressVPN to the exclusion list of your antivirus.
You must check the official site of your antivirus provider to know the right steps for adding an app to the exclusion list. In case your security software doesn't allow you to do so, you can perform the below steps to discard the compatibility error.
- Change the security level of your application from high to medium.
- Set the software to trust ExpressVPN.
- Grant an exception to UDP ports 1194 to 1204.
Once you make changes in your security software, restart ExpressVPN, and connect to a server. If you still can't access the game, contact the ExpressVPN support team as a last resort.
Step 5: Connect with ExpressVPN's 24x7 Support Team
Even after trying all the steps above, if you're unable to use ExpressVPN for Warzone, contact the VPN's support team. You can also send diagnostic data to the ExpressVPN team to help them find out the issue and reach you with a proper resolution, in the following ways:
Windows & Mac
- Launch the ExpressVPN app and click the hamburger menu button.
- Click the "Help & Support" option and choose "Diagnostic Information."
- From there, use the "Contact Support" option.
- In the text box, explain your issue.
- Check the box next to "Include diagnostic information."
- Finally, click the "Send to Support" option. That's it!
- Launch the ExpressVPN app for Android and tap "Help."
- Tap the "Email us" option and provide info regarding your issue in the text box.
- Toggle the bar next to "Include diagnostic information."
- Tap the "Send" icon and wait for a response from the ExpressVPN team.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app and tap "Help."
- Tap the "Email us" option and explain your issue in the text box.
- Toggle on "Include diagnostic information" and tap "Submit."
- Now, wait for a response from the ExpressVPN team.
- First, open a Terminal window and run this command: "expressvpn diagnostic."
- Copy the diagnostic information.
- Visit the official ExpressVPN website and open the chatbox.
- Paste the information you've copied in this box.
- You'll get help from one of ExpressVPN's support agents instantly.
- Visit www.expressvpnrouter.com using your Web browser (while connected to a router running ExpressVPN's firmware)
- Next, click "Help & Support" and choose "Diagnostic Information."
- Now, select "Download All Logs" and visit the ExpressVPN official website.
- Use the website's live chat option to submit your diagnostic information.
As you know by now, the ExpressVPN Warzone combination is all you need to optimize and improve your CoD gaming sessions. Setting up ExpressVPN for Warzone is done under a few minutes, which is when you'll gain access to its 3,000+ gaming-friendly servers. Then, you'll never have to worry about latency or ping, while getting access to Warzone bot lobbies.
That said, ExpressVPN is the best option available today for Warzone. However, it's not the only option at your disposal. So, if you'd like to check what else is out there, here's our in-depth guide to the best gaming VPN services.
Does ExpressVPN Give You Bot Lobbies in Warzone?
Yes, ExpressVPN gets you bot lobbies in Warzone. These lobbies are available in countries like Egypt, Singapore, and Sri Lanka, where fewer players stay active.
Can I Use ExpressVPN for Warzone on PS4 and PS5?
Yes, you can use ExpressVPN for Warzone on your PlayStation 4 and 5. However, since PS consoles don't work with VPNs, you'll need to set up ExpressVPN on a router.
Is ExpressVPN Free to Play Warzone?
No, ExpressVPN isn't free, but it offers a 30-day free trial. More precisely, your purchase is backed by the VPN's 30-day money-back policy, so you can try it without any risk.
You can find a free VPN for Warzone using the provided link. However, don't forget that a free VPN will most certainly limit your Warzone gameplay experience.
That would be all on using ExpressVPN for Warzone. If you have any questions, share them via the comments section below. Thank you for reading!