By using uTorrent, or just about any other torrent client, you can download a huge variety of files. As you can expect, music is part of this equation. There are numerous legal resources on the Web offering music, including songs and albums. So, let's take a look at how to download music using uTorrent.
Disclaimer: TechNadu does not condone illegal file sharing or copyright infringement. Even though P2P file sharing technology is legal, many of the files exchanged via P2P are indeed copyrighted. Uploading these copyrighted files can put you at risk of a civil lawsuit. While these lawsuits are often class-action cases, some have been targeted at individual users in an attempt to make an example of them.
Secure Your Torrent Downloads
Many of you will be surprised to know that your Internet browsing is fully visible by ISPs (Internet Service Providers). These companies have the power to collect your personal data and hand it over to third parties. Therefore, it’s imperative to keep your data protected and inaccessible to anyone who tries to collect it. This is especially important if you plan on downloading and sharing torrent files.
TechNadu strongly recommends using ExpressVPN to encrypt your Internet connection, change your IP, and make your device impenetrable to malware. This particular VPN software scored the highest in our tests, which can be seen in our ExpressVPN review. Use the provided link to read all you need to know about this easy to use and highly powerful application.
Make sure to sign-up for ExpressVPN and enjoy the Internet as it should be – open and without any privacy concerns.
How to Download Music Using uTorrent
Just like with other types of torrent files, you first need to find a music torrent file on the Web. Then, you'll need to have a torrent client installed on your device. That is just how torrents work.
Even though you can find numerous fantastic torrent clients, we have decided to use uTorrent. This is the most widely used client, making us sure that you'll find it to be useful as well. Let's dive right in.
Step #1: Find a Torrent File
First, we need to find a torrent file, which shouldn't be hard. You can use The Pirate Bay, which has the most extensive collection of torrents. Alternatively, BitTorrent Now also features a sizeable collection of legal music.
- First, open The Pirate Bay in your Web browser;
- You can use the search field if you need something specific. Otherwise, you can click on 'Music' just above the search field to browse manually;
- Once you see a list of torrents, take a look at the right side where the number of seeders and leechers is displayed. In case a torrent has a greater number of seeders, the chances are that you'll download it quickly;
- Click on the torrent file that you'd like to download and The Pirate Bay will lead you to the torrent's overview page;
- To download the torrent file, click on 'Get This Torrent'. In case you have a pop-up blocker, you need to right-click on 'Get This Torrent' and then select 'Open in a New Tab';
- The torrent file should now download to your computer which shouldn't take more than one to two seconds.
Step #2: Download Torrent Files
So far, you have downloaded the torrent file. There isn't any music contained in this file. Instead, this is simply a list of instructions for the torrent client to download the required data. Let's keep going and see how actually to download music using uTorrent.
- Open uTorrent on your computer and go to File > Add Torrent. Select your torrent file and click 'OK';
- Alternatively, you can simply double-click on the torrent file, and it should automatically open in uTorrent;
- You might be asked where you'd like to save the files, or uTorrent will automatically start downloading them;
- All there's left now is to wait. uTorrent will connect to seeders and will download the file from their computers. At the same time, you will become a seeder allowing other uTorrent users to take file parts from your computer.
- Once the download is done, make sure to keep on seeding for a while. To learn why, here's our guide to torrent seeding;
- That's it! Open the music files in your favorite music player.
We want to make this article as helpful as possible. This is why we are going to show you additional resources, as well as some tips and tricks. Take a look.
- You want to keep on the safe side of the law and download royalty free music. So, here's how to download torrents legally. Also, here's what to know about the legality of downloading torrent files.
- Then, let's talk about uTorrent. We have published a guide on how to optimize uTorrent to get the fastest possible speeds. Also, here's how to disable uTorrent ads without paying for a premium subscription.
- Finally, we'd like to let you know that many fake torrents can be found on the Web. These can potentially install malware on your device. So, learn how to spot fake torrents.
Dear TechNadu visitors, that is all when it comes to how to download music using uTorrent. We hope that you managed to figure out the procedure. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know.
Also, why not share this article online if you found it helpful? Thank you!