We are sure that many of you are using uTorrent as the primary torrent client. After all, this is one of the most popular torrent clients you can find at the moment. It’s very easy to use, comes with a simple interface, and helps you do the job of downloading torrents in no time. However, did you know that you can use uTorrent on your Android smartphone and tablet? If you’re looking for a helpful guide, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll teach you how to use uTorrent on Android.
Disclaimer: TechNadu does not condone illegal file sharing or copyright infringement. Even though P2P file sharing technology is legal, many of the files exchanged via P2P are indeed copyrighted. Uploading these copyrighted files can put you at risk of a civil lawsuit. While these lawsuits are often class-action cases, some have been targeted at individual users in an attempt to make an example of them.
Use a VPN for Torrenting
Many of you will be surprised to know that your Internet browsing is fully visible by ISPs (Internet Service Providers). These companies have the power to collect your personal data and hand it over to third parties. Therefore, it’s imperative to keep your data protected and inaccessible to anyone who tries to collect it. This is especially important if you plan on downloading and sharing torrent files.
TechNadu strongly recommends using ExpressVPN to encrypt your Internet connection, change your IP, and make your device impenetrable to malware. This particular VPN software scored the highest in our tests, which can be seen in our ExpressVPN review. Use the provided link to read all you need to know about this easy to use and highly powerful application.
Make sure to sign-up for ExpressVPN and enjoy the Internet as it should be – open and without any privacy concerns.
How to Use uTorrent on Android
You probably know that Android is an incredibly open platform. As such, it allows you to install apps from the Web, open all kinds of files, and even edit them on the go. Therefore, it’s not surprising that you can download and open torrents on Android. Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through every step of the way, starting from how to install uTorrent. Let’s jump right in.
Step #1: Install uTorrent on Android
You’ll be surprised to know that uTorrent is available in the Google Play Store. There’s no need to sideload this application or mess with your smartphone’s operating system. Here’s how to install uTorrent on your phone and/or tablet.
- On your smartphone, open the Google Play Store;
- At the top of the screen, you will see a prominent search field. Go ahead and tap on it, and then type it ‘uTorrent’. As you’re typing in the name of the application, the Play Store will offer a suggestion. Feel free to click on the app’s icon;
- At this point, you should be seeing uTorrent’s overview. Tap on the ‘Install’ button to get started;
- This application comes in at around 11MB, which means you should download it in no time. Wait for a moment until the installation is done;
- Finally, go ahead and tap on the ‘Open’ button;
- uTorrent will open and ask for several permissions. You need to allow uTorrent to access your device’s location, as well as to access your device’s media files.
Step #2: Download a Torrent File
So far, we’ve downloaded and installed uTorrent on Android. Next, we’ll show you how to use this application to download torrents. Let’s continue where we left off.
- When you open uTorrent for the first time, you’ll see a short guide. This guide is doing a good job of explaining how to use the app, so make sure to read it carefully;
- Once you’re done with the guide, you’ll see uTorrent’s home screen. To begin, tap on the Search icon in the top-left corner;
- Using a newly opened dialog box, type in what you’re searching for. To give you an example, we’ll search for Charlie Chaplin’s movies, most of which are completely legal to download. Therefore, we’ll type in ‘Charlie Chaplin’ and tap on ‘Search’;
- In case you have multiple Web browser apps installed, you might be asked which one you want to use. If not, the default Web browser will open. As you’ll see uTorrent will redirect you to Google to search for the torrent file. Go ahead, check out the search results and download the torrent;
- When you click on the torrent file, Android will ask which app you’d like to use. This is where you need to tap on the uTorrent icon. Android will download the file and open it in uTorrent;
- All there’s left now is to wait. uTorrent will add the torrent, start searching for seeders, and then begin to download the file. At the moment, you can tap on the torrent’s name to see more details, like which files are included are how fast you are downloading those files.
- Once the download is finished, you’ll receive a notification. If you tap on it, uTorrent will open and you’ll see a green Play button. You can use it to play the movie or music you’ve downloaded.
- That’s it! As you can see, uTorrent on Android is quite simple yet also very capable.
Step #3: Get to Know Your Device
Before we conclude this article, we want you to know a few additional tips and tricks. We’ve talked about how to use uTorrent on Android. Now we’ll talk about how to handle torrent files and other useful tips.
- Tip #1: You don’t have to search for a torrent using uTorrent’s search tool. Feel free to browse the Web using your mobile Web browser. Once you stumble upon a torrent you’d like to download, tap on it. Your device will ask if you’d like to open that file in uTorrent. Confirm, and the torrent will begin to download right away;
- Tip #2: When you finish downloading a movie, music, or documents, you’ll want to open or play them. Once again, you don’t have to go to uTorrent. Downloaded files will be located in your phone’s Gallery app. Depending on which model you have, this application will be called differently. However, this is the application where your photos are stored.
- Tip #3: In case you can’t find a Gallery app, you can preview download files within uTorrent. Tap on the hamburger button (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner. Then, tap to open your music or video library. This is where you can preview the files.
- Tip #4: Finally, you should know that torrents files need some space. This means that they can easily take a lot of space of your smartphone. When you no longer need the downloaded files, visit your phone’s Gallery app (or File Manager) and get rid of those files.
Additional Resources: What’s Next?
We hope that you liked our article on how to use uTorrent on Android. However, we want to take this chance to help you learn more about this application. Here are a few interesting articles in case you decide to try uTorrent on your computer.
- To begin with, you need to know how to use uTorrent on Windows/Mac. Use the provided link to read the installation instructions;
- Then, you’ll see that uTorrent for desktop comes with somewhat annoying ads. Therefore, here’s how to get rid of adds in uTorrent;
- Last but not the least, we want to teach you how to make uTorrent faster. This is where you’ll find a few very useful tweaks that might take you far.
Dear TechNadu visitors, that would be it. We hope that you managed to learn something interesting about uTorrent on Android. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment.
As always, we’d like to ask you to spread the word by sharing this article online. Thanks!