We are sure that those of you who enjoy watching anime rely on a couple of popular websites. The culture of anime has spread all over the globe, and that reflects on our online world as well. The same applies to Kodi, which can be your go-to source for anime movies and TV shows. Among numerous repositories and popular addons, Kodi acts a repository on its own. This is because you can use this home theater software to access different sources of content from one place. This is why, in this article, we’ll be taking a look at the best anime Kodi addons.
Here at TechNadu, we are dedicated to bringing you useful articles that teach you how to get the most out of Kodi. This article won’t be any different. Aside from showing you anime Kodi addons and their offerings, we’ll be also talking about their installation methods. Don’t worry; you’ll learn how to watch anime by the end of this article even if this is the first time you handle Kodi addons.
Also, we would like to say that the following suggestions are fully working and up-to-date. As you probably know, some addons lose their functionality over time forcing us to look for alternatives. The same applies to popular builds for Kodi, which are custom installations that contain preloaded software. This is why we wanted to make sure the following addons work, which is why we tested them on our own. By the end of this article, you’ll have all you need to watch hundreds of anime movies and TV shows.
Disclaimer: The software in this article comes from free and open sources. While some addons are offered and maintained by the company behind Kodi, other addons are considered unofficial. Please note that we don’t condone piracy or copyright infringement. In addition, we don’t take any responsibility for how our readers decide to use the software mentioned in this article. Finally, TechNadu isn’t connected to any of the following third-party Kodi addons, in any way. Please make sure to read the above-said disclaimer content carefully, and ensure the fair use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data. This means that using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble. Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
TechNadu’s editorial team uses and strongly recommends ExpressVPN. This is, by far, the fastest and most reliable VPN with the power to unblock any website and service. Once activated, ExpressVPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
Make sure your Web browsing and streaming aren’t used against you. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy using Kodi without any restrictions!
Best Anime Kodi Addons: Official Addons
First, we’ll show you a couple of official anime Kodi addons. These can be found within Kodi’s own repository, which makes the installation incredibly simple. Then, we’ll discuss unofficial options that unlock hundreds of sources of video content.
Before we continue, let’s see how to install official anime Kodi addons:
- Open Kodi and wait a couple of seconds until it loads. You should see the Home screen;
- In the left-positioned menu, find the Addons Section. Click to open it;
- Next, click on the Download button from the left-positioned menu;
- What you’ll see on the right side of the screen are different categories. Find the one called Video Addons. Click to open it;
- This is where the official Kodi addons are located. If you click on any of them, you’ll get to see more details and a screen from where you can perform installations.
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll receive a notification in the top-right corner. After that, return to the Addons Section to use your newly installed addons.
Funimation NOW is one of the best-looking anime Kodi addons. It comes with a custom design and features beautiful transitions and animations. However, we are sure you’ll like its content the best. Speaking of official anime Kodi addons, this one should be at the top for any anime lover.
Once you open the addon, you’ll see a nice animation until the addon fully loads. Then, you’ll be greeted with a login screen. What this means is that you’ll need to sign up for a new account to fully access Funimation NOW. If you opt for a free account, you’ll occasionally see ads. Furthermore, you won’t be able to explore its library of content fully. If you decide to upgrade, you’ll need to pay $5.99 per month. This seems like a fair price considering how much content there is. All streams are HD and work without any issues. In addition, videos are dubbed in English. It’s easy to see why this addon is at the top of our list of the best anime Kodi addons.
This is a well-known Web service that brings numerous popular titles of Japanese anime movies. As you can see, it has an addon for Kodi as well.
In many ways, Crunchyroll is similar to Funimation NOW. It has an incredibly extensive library of content divided into movies and TV shows. The addon is nicely designed and allows different ways of filtering the content. However, be prepared to occasionally encounter some streaming issues. Sadly, it seems like the Kodi addon isn’t at the top of priorities for this company since the addon is rarely updated.
You can try Crunchyroll free of charge. However, it does come with a subscription priced at $6.99 per month. If you decide to pay, you’ll benefit from hundreds of available anime movies and TV shows. There’s also a vibrant community of anime fans on the website.
Best Anime Kodi Addons: Unofficial Addons
Now is time to take a look at unofficial addons. If addons like Funimation NOW and Crunchyroll fail to meet your expectations and cravings for anime video content, we’re sure you’ll find something of interest if you continue reading.
The only downside to unofficial anime Kodi addons is their somewhat complicated installation method. However, you’ll see that it’s not that bad after installing one or two addons. Don’t worry; we’ll take you through every step of the way.
Among unofficial addons, AnimeGO stands out due to its vast content library. It currently comes with hundreds of streamable movies and TV shows – every anime lover’s paradise.
Upon opening the addon, you’ll see a list of filtering options. For example, you can take a look at Recently Added Movies and Recently Added TV Shows. You can also browse by genres and popularity, and you can also make your list of favorites.
Some of the most popular anime movies are the following titles:
- Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock;
- Dragon Ball Z: Kami to Kami;
- Spirited Away;
- Howl’s Moving Castle.
No matter which one you decide to watch, you’ll always see a short description of a movie along with its artwork. It’s also worth noting that you’ll get to pick from different sources, so you’ll always find a working link.
Here’s how to install AnimeGO – one of the best unofficial anime Kodi addons:
- Use this link to download a ZIP file that contains the needed repository. Then, make sure to leave it in the ZIP file format;
- Open Kodi and then open the Add-ons section using the left-placed main menu;
- Next, click on the Open box icon in the top-left corner, just under the Kodi logo;
- Next, select ‘Install from ZIP file‘;
- You need to use a newly opened pop-up to find the ZIP file you’ve downloaded. So, open your hard drive and find the file. Click on the ZIP file and Kodi will install it;
- After a couple of seconds, the new repository should be installed. Once that happens, click on ‘Install from Repository‘;
- Go to dk-xbmc-repaddon > Video Add-ons > AnimeGO. Click on the addon’s name to see its overview;
- Finally, hit the ‘Install‘ button.
- When you’re ready to try it out, return to the Add-ons section, where you’ll see this addon’s icon.
You’ve probably heard of 9Anime before. This is a popular online source of anime movies and TV shows, which has been around for quite some time. We are glad to say that now you can enjoy 9Anime on your Kodi as well.
The main screen of 9Anime shows a nice list of different options for filtering. You can browse the addon’s content by genre, date added, and recently added. What you’ll find here are several categories that show subbed and dubbed movies. This kind of easy navigation is incredibly helpful, and we are glad to see an addon that’s maintained this well.
If you open any of the main categories, you’ll see a nice list of available video content. TV shows are organized by their release date so that you can watch episodes one by one. What more could we ask for? This is truly one of the best anime Kodi addons.
Let’s see how to install 9Anime to your Kodi:
- First, we’ll need to install the 9Anime repository. However, we’ll be installing from a GitHub. Click here to download this repository’s ZIP file to your computer. Use the provided link and then click on the green-colored button that says ‘Clone or Download’. Then, select ‘Download ZIP’.
- If you’re using Windows, the file will be located on your desktop or in the Downloads folder. If you’re using a Mac, the file will be inside the Downloads folder accessible via Dock.
- Now go to the Addons Section of Kodi, found in the left-positioned menu;
- You will see an icon symbolizing an Open Package. Click on it;
- One of the available options on this screen is to Install from ZIP file. Click on it;
- Now you need to locate your file on your computer. Once you find the ZIP file, click on it and wait a couple of seconds to be installed.
- That’s it! You can now return to the Add-ons section of Kodi and 9Anime will be waiting there. Click on its icon to launch the addon.
Those of you who are long-term Kodi users know all about Exodus. This was once the most popular Kodi addons for movies and TV shows. Sadly, this amazing addon isn’t available anymore. However, we have the next best thing.
Incursion is a fork of Exodus. In other words, these two addons are close to identical. The only difference is that Incursion brings fully-working links. When it comes to anime, you will find a dedicated content category. There are both anime movies and TV shows.
To learn more about this addon, head over to our installation guide for Incursion.
This is a brand-new Kodi addon that is currently one of our favorites. No matter what you like to watch, Midian has got you covered. Needless to say, anime is included.
The home screen of this addon brings a large selection of content categories. However, some of their names can be a bit misleading, or confusing at best. To find the latest anime, you can go to ‘TOT Spot’ and this is where you’ll see a category named ‘Anime Series’. In addition, you can use a search tool within the TOT Spot category to look for a specific title.
For more information about this addon’s installation and features, here’s our guide to Midian for Kodi.
Next on our list of suggestions is Wolf Pack. Even though it has the same name as one of the previously popular addons, this is brand-new Wolf Pack. The best thing is – there is a dedicated anime section on the home screen.
If you’re a hardcore anime fan, you are going to love what this addon offers. At the moment of writing this article, there are over 600 titles available. We have tested a dozen of those, and all of those played without any issues. What more can we ask for, really?
You don’t want to miss out on this amazing addon. Here’s how to install Wolf Pack.
We’d like to finish our list of recommended anime Kodi addons with Genesis Reborn. This is yet another highly popular addon that deserves to be mentioned in this article.
Genesis Reborn isn’t all about anime. It brings movies and TV shows of various genres, nicely organized and searchable. Once you enter any of these two content categories (movies or TV shows), you will see that both of these come with a dedicated section for anime content. Dozens of titles await with several source links for each of them. If one of them isn’t working at the moment, you can always try other source links. This way, you’re sure you’ll find a working link.
When it comes to installation, we’d like to refer you to a previously published article: How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi.
Additional Resources: What’s Next?
Before we let you go, we’d like to provide a few useful resources. The world of Kodi addons is a big one, and we are sure you need some help to navigate it. Therefore, check out these articles:
- Anime and cartoons go hand-in-hand. Therefore, here are the best Kodi addons for cartoons;
- Then, there are amazing free websites to watch anime. In case Kodi fails to meet your expectations, we have an alternative for you.
So, that’s it, folks. We hope you managed to find something useful on our list of anime Kodi addons. Combined together, they bring thousands of titles ready to be streamed right away. We’re sure you’ll enjoy having such large online library of anime content.
What are your favorite anime Kodi addons? Do you think we missed something out? Let us know in the comments section below. In addition, feel free to share this article with other fans of anime shows.