Thanks to a number of proven live TV Kodi addons, streaming TV channels live on Kodi is an easy possibility. Even better, many of those addons come free of charge. Previously, we told you about Locast for Kodi, letting you access your local TV channels over the Web. However, now’s the time to talk about the XUMO.TV Kodi addon, letting you access next-generation TV.
XUMO.TV isn’t a “traditional” OTT platform, as it’s available free of charge and offers a series of themed channels. Brands such as NBC, ABC, CBS, Bloomberg, Newsy, and Cheddar offer their live streams via XUMO, all of which are available via Kodi as well (over 150 channels in total).
On top of that, XUMO.TV offers an on-demand library as well, where you’ll find newscasts, movies, TV shows, and more. Those videos play in up to 1080p on Kodi, which makes the XUMO.TO Kodi addon one of the best of its kind.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, these are the 10 steps to install XUMO.TV on Kodi in 2021:
1. Find Kodi on your device and launch it by selecting its icon.
2. Then, select ‘Add-ons‘ using the main menu (on the left side of your screen).
3. Hover over ‘Download.’ Then, pick ‘Video Add-ons‘ (on the right).
4. Navigate to ‘XUMO.TV‘ by scrolling all the way down. Select the addon.
5. The addon’s overview will now open. Use the ‘Install‘ button on the right.
6. You will now see a list of the required dependencies. Feel free to click ‘OK.’
7. The XUMO.TV Kodi addon will now install. Wait until you see a notification.
8. Return to Kodi’s home screen and then, once again, select ‘Add-ons.’
9. Find XUMO.TV using the ‘Video Add-ons‘ section (via the main menu).
10. Finally, launch the addon by clicking on its icon. That’s it!
Know that XUMO.TV is available in the United States only. However, based on our experience, its Kodi addon works in other countries as well. Still, if you encounter any blocks, know that ExpressVPN will help you bypass those (check out the best VPNs for Kodi for more info).
Don’t forget that Kodi offers hundreds of addons. So, if you’d like to see what else is on offer, here are the best Kodi addons for movies, TV shows, documentaries, music, cartoons, and live sports. Finally, check our central overview of the best working Kodi addons (with over 60 legal and safe-to-use recommendations).
That would be all on how to install the XUMO.TV Kodi addon. In case you have any questions or doubts, make sure to post your comment just below. Finally, thanks for reading!