Previously, you could've bought a NordVPN lifetime subscription and be set for life. However, that is not the case anymore. Now, the longest subscription you can get lasts 2 years, which is in line with what most other VPNs of NordVPN’s caliber offer.
NordVPN is among the best VPN providers on the market. So, when it offered a lifetime subscription, many people jumped at the chance to get that deal. However, you can't get that deal anymore today.
Why? What kind of subscription can you get from NordVPN? Well, this article will answer both those questions and provide you with a full list of all the pricing plans the provider offers. So, let's dive right in and find out why NordVPN doesn't offer a lifetime subscription anymore!
Why NordVPN Doesn't Offer a Lifetime Subscription?
NordVPN doesn't offer a lifetime subscription because such subscriptions are unsustainable. In other words, providing lifetime subscriptions can cost the company much more than one might think. Not only will the company sell the subscription for less, but it will also lose continuous cash flow, which is essential for any business to run.
There are other reasons why a NordVPN lifetime subscription isn't available anymore, including the following:
- Lifetime subscriptions are expensive – Providing a reliable VPN is expensive in itself. There are expenses the provider needs to cover, including server maintenance, software development, customer support, marketing, and more. All those expenses need to be covered every month, which becomes impossible if people only buy lifetime subscriptions for a one-time fee.
- Decreased performance – Since servers need to be maintained regularly, NordVPN needs to generate monthly subscriptions to be able to maintain them and offer the performance promised. If the provider generates more lifetime subscriptions instead of monthly or even yearly ones, it won't be able to maintain its quality.
- The lifetime subscription loophole – Most of the VPN providers that used to offer lifetime subscriptions shut down after a year or two. So, the people who bought the lifetime subscriptions lost the service they paid for in advance.
What Subscription Plan Does NordVPN Have?
Even though you can’t get a NordVPN lifetime subscription, you can choose from 3 other subscription plans. More specifically, you can get it for 1 month, 1 year, or 2 years.
Each plan has three tiers, including Standard, Plus, and Complete. You can find out how much NordVPN costs in the table below, but let’s first explain NordVPN’s tiers.
The Standard tier comes with VPN protection. The Plus tier includes the NordPass password manager and data breach scanning. Lastly, the Complete tier offers all that, plus 1TB of encrypted cloud storage. We focus on the Standard tier here.
- 1-month plan – You will pay $11.99 a month for this plan for as long as you're subscribed. The payments are made on a certain date each month. So, you’ll only need to pay upfront for the first month. The monthly plan provides no savings and is the least affordable NordVPN plan. You can use it as a NordVN free trial because it has a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to try the services for 30 days and get a full refund if you don't like them.
- 1-year plan – If you buy the yearly plan, you will get a 45% discount. This plan is more affordable than the monthly one and includes NordVPN's 30-day money-back guarantee. Also, with NordVPN's yearly plan, you get 3 months of VPN services for free for your first year. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that the prices change after your first year ends. You'll be paying the renewal price after that, which is $99.48 for the Standard tier.
- 2-year plan – The 2-year plan is the most affordable NordVPN plan because it offers the biggest savings. Namely, if you buy this plan, you will get a 63% discount. You also get 3 months free for the first 2 years. After that, you will pay the renewal price of $99.48 per year. Keep in mind that you’ll be charged yearly, not every 2 years.
All of NordVPN's plans and tiers are eligible for its 30-day money-back guarantee. That means you can cancel your NordVPN subscription and get a refund within 30 days, no matter which plans you get.
The NordVPN lifetime subscription was discontinued because it was unsustainable. Also, lifetime subscriptions generally lead to worse performance and service quality. There are many other valid reasons why the provider doesn't offer such a subscription anymore.
However, you can get a 2-year plan from NordVPN, which is quite a long time on the Internet because things change super fast. Also, the provider has 1-year and 1-month plans. All of those have a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
Are There Any Lifetime VPN Subscriptions Available?
Yes, there are lifetime VPN subscriptions available. However, VPNs that offer lifetime subscriptions aren’t good because they eventually go bankrupt. So, they are unreliable and never last long.
Can You Trust Sites That Offer a Cracked NordVPN Lifetime Subscription?
No, you can't trust sites that offer a cracked NordVPN lifetime subscription. Since the VPN itself doesn't offer a lifetime subscription, the cracked versions are not the real thing.
Is It Safe to Download NordVPN Lifetime Subscription Cracked APK Version Online?
No, it isn't safe to download the NordVPN lifetime subscription cracked APK version online. Actually, no such files exist. So, if you download an APK file that says it's NordVPN, you will probably just get infected with a virus or malware instead.
That's it for our NordVPN lifetime subscription guide. If you have any questions, feel free to ask via the comments section below. Thanks for reading!