This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
Aside from offering plenty of entertainment, Kodi comes with an educational purpose as well. As you can imagine, we're talking about Kodi addons here, capable of letting you integrate niche on-demand libraries. A good example of that is the Japanese Animated Film Classics addon, which brings animated content you won't find elsewhere.
We’ve previously talked about this addon in our overview of the best Kodi addons for cartoons. However, Japanese Animated Film Classics is truly something entirely else, brought to us by the National Film Archive of Japan. The addon offers a collection of cartoons, many of which were done using the cutout animation technique. With that said, there is plenty to learn about these short films, whose content is suitable for both adults and children.
And also, keep in mind that we're talking about century-old video content here. Therefore, don't expect the highest possible video quality, especially from the aspect of today's video industry. Still, don't let that stop you from diving into this exciting video library.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Cartoons & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching cartoons via Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Cartoons: Most cartoon addons for Kodi are accessible from a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How to Install Japanese Animated Film Classics Addon on Kodi
Here are the instructions on how to install Japanese Animated Film Classics on Kodi:
1. Launch Kodi on your device by double-clicking on its icon.
2. Once you see Kodi’s home screen, select 'Add-ons' on the left-hand side.
3. Then, hover over 'Download' on the left, and pick 'Video Add-ons' on the right.
4. Scroll until you see the Japanese Animated Films Classics addon. Select its name.
5. You should now see the addon’s overview. Proceed to use the 'Install' button.
6. Kodi will now display a list of the required dependencies. Go with 'OK.'
7. Wait until the addon is installed. You’ll see a notification in the top-right corner.
8. Return to Kodi’s start screen. Then, pick 'Add-ons' once again.
9. Select 'Video Add-ons' on the left, using the main menu.
10. Launch the Japanese Animated Film Classics Kodi addon. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the Japanese Animated Film Classics Kodi addon. If you have any questions on your mind, share them via the comments section below. And lastly, thanks for reading!