This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
Kodi users have no shortage of capable video streaming addons - and that especially applies to free-of-charge ones. This is where FilmRise comes into play, being a distributor of numerous popular movies and TV shows. And yes, it comes with a Kodi addon, allowing you to easily expand this application's media library. So, let's talk about how to install the FilmRise Kodi addon in the simplest way possible.
First, let's give you an overview of what to expect. FilmRise brings both movies and TV shows and can be used without signing up for an account. Also, know that FilmRise comes with plenty of apps for different platforms. However, the situation is a bit different when it comes to Kodi, and here's how.
The FilmRise Kodi addon relies on the platform's YouTube channel. This is also the reason why you'll end up with two addons, including YouTube for Kodi. You'll need to go through an API key set-up procedure, so read this article very carefully. We'll make sure to explain everything you need to know.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Movies & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching movies on Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Movies: Most movie addons for Kodi are accessible from a few countries only. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks every Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How to Install FilmRise Addon on Kodi
And now, go through the following steps to install FilmRise on Kodi:
- Once you open Kodi, navigate to the 'Add-ons' section.
- Take a look at the top-left corner and click on the open box icon.
- Next, go to Install from Repository > Kodi Add-ons Repository > Video Add-ons.
- Click on the addon's name, and its overview will appear on your screen.
- You need to click on the 'Install' button, found in the bottom-right corner.
- Kodi will now present a list of dependencies (with YouTube included). Select 'OK.'
- Once you install the addon, return to your 'Add-ons' section - and launch FilmRise.
- That's it!
As mentioned earlier, you'll also end up with the YouTube Kodi addon installed. So, make sure to keep both of these installed, as YouTube is needed for FilmRise to work. And also, you can take advantage of these two addons to reach an even larger range of content.
Due to certain limitations imposed by YouTube, there's an additional step to take to make sure FilmRise works with no issues. What you need to do is generate and supply an API key. This might sound intimidating, but it's actually quite simple to do.
To check out how to create and add API keys to Kodi, make sure to click on the provided link. You'll be taken to a handy tutorial hosted on GitHub. And if you prefer to follow a video, here's a helpful YouTube tutorial.
In the end, we'd like to let you know that you can send us your feedback via the comments section below. And also, don't forget to share this article online. Thanks!