Kodi users have no shortage of capable media streaming services – and this especially applies to free-of-charge ones. This is where FilmRise comes into play, being a distributor of numerous popular movies and TV shows. And yes, it comes with a Kodi addon, allowing you to easily expand this application’s media library. So, let’s talk about how to install the FilmRise Kodi addon in the simplest way possible.
First, let’s give you an overview of what to expect. FilmRise brings both movies and TV shows and can be used without signing up for an account. Also, know that FilmRise comes with plenty of apps for different platforms. However, the situation is a bit different when it comes to Kodi, and here’s how.
The FilmRise Kodi addon relies on the platform’s YouTube channel. This is also the reason why you’ll end up with two addons, including YouTube for Kodi. You’ll need to go through an API key set-up procedure, so read this article very carefully. We’ll make sure to explain everything you need to know.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Read This Before Installing Kodi Addons on Your Device!
Do you think it’s legal and safe to install third-party Kodi addons on your device? ABSOLUTELY NOT – and here’s why!
Third-party Kodi addons are often referred to as ‘unofficial’ or ‘illegal Kodi addons.’ That’s because they let you stream copyrighted content from illegal sources like torrent (P2P) repositories and other websites, which aren’t generally safe, to be honest.
So, what will happen if you don’t act cautiously? Well, you’ll expose yourself to criminal prosecution, often leading to huge fines – once your ISP collects enough data about your online activities. We’ve seen that happen many times before.
That’s the reason why we don’t recommend installing third-party Kodi addons.
No matter if you use official or unofficial Kodi addons, keep in mind that Kodi can be safely accessed using a VPN. Connect to a VPN, and you’ll be safe online, no matter what. Simple as that.
A VPN can help you do the following five things:
- Hide your IP address, while keeping you anonymous while streaming via Kodi.
- Keep you safe from legal troubles.
- Fight against ISP-imposed throttling.
- Unblock all kinds of geo-restricted Kodi addons in your country.
- Bypass sports-related blackouts.
For more details, please read this guide.
After testing over sixty VPNs hands-on, we conclude that ExpressVPN is the #1-rated VPN for Kodi. If you are interested, please read our ExpressVPN review. Also, if you decide to subscribe, grab this limited time deal – save 49% + get 3 extra months FREE.
How to Install FilmRise Addon on Kodi
So, here’s what you want to know. We present the steps to installing the FilmRise Kodi addon to you, so make sure to follow them carefully.
- Once you open Kodi, proceed to navigate to the ‘Add-ons‘ section.
- Then, take a look at the top-left corner and click on the open box icon.
- Next, go to Install from Repository > Kodi Add-ons Repository > Video Add-ons. This is where you’ll find the list of the currently available add-ons, all of which come legal and safe to use. You need to find FilmRise on this list.
- Click on the addon’s name, and its overview will appear on your screen. You need to click on the ‘Install‘ button, found in the bottom-right corner.
- Kodi will now present a list of dependencies (with YouTube included). Select ‘OK‘ to proceed.
- After a few moments, a notification will roll in from the right side of the screen, letting you know that FilmRise is now ready to be used. You can either click on the ‘Open‘ button or return to Kodi’s ‘Add-ons‘ section. Find FilmRise and click on its icon there.
- As said earlier, you’ll also end up with the YouTube Kodi addon installed. So, make sure to keep both of these installed, as YouTube is needed for FilmRise to work. And also, you can take advantage of these two addons to reach an even larger range of content.
Due to certain limitations imposed by YouTube, there’s an additional step to take to make sure FilmRise works with no issues. What you need to do is generate and supply an API key. This might sound intimidating, but it’s actually quite simple to do.
To check out how to create and add API keys to Kodi, make sure to click on the provided link. You’ll be taken to a handy tutorial hosted on GitHub. And if you prefer to follow a video, here’s a helpful YouTube tutorial.
If you’d like to continue exploring, don’t forget to check out other Kodi-related articles. And of course, you can also check our frequently updated guide to the best Kodi addons. You’ll find plenty of options there, all of which are legal and safe to use.
In the end, we’d like to let you know that you can send us your feedback via the comments section below. And also, don’t forget to share this article online. Thanks!