Many Windows users have been complaining about the ExpressVPN client app for Windows getting stuck on the 'Just a moment' screen. This error restricts the users from connecting to their preferred servers.
Since you're also facing the same issue, you already know that there is no point in having a VPN subscription if you can't use it for online security. That's why we've prepared a step-by-step guide for two troubleshooting methods to help you fix the error and browse safely with ExpressVPN. Have a look.
1. Install the Latest Windows OS Update
Whether you're using Windows 10, 11, or any previous version, if your operating system is not up-to-date, it will raise conflict with the ExpressVPN client app. Yes, this VPN is constantly working on bug fixing and keeps releasing patches to ensure it runs smoothly with the latest Windows updates.
So, if you're using an outdated OS, the application may not get enough support to load the interface and leads you to the 'Just a moment' screen. Here is how to update Windows 11 and fix the error in no time.
1. First, press the Windows logo key + I button to open Settings.
2. Now, navigate to Windows Update from the left pane and click on it.
3. On the next screen, click the Check for updates button and wait for a few minutes.
4. If any pending update is there, it'll be shown now; download and install all.
5. Once done, restart your device and check if you can access the ExpressVPN app now.
Note: Windows 10 and other previous version users click this direct link to check steps for OS updates.
2. Uninstall & Reinstall the ExpressVPN App for Windows
If your OS is already updated but this error is still popping up, check whether or not you're using the latest version of ExpressVPN. As we've mentioned, ExpressVPN releases updates frequently to comply with the premium standard it maintains; you may face issues while accessing the app if you're using an outdated version.
A number of users could fix this problem with a simple workaround like uninstalling the app and performing a clean reinstallation. Follow the below instructions to try this method.
1. First, Download and Install the latest version of the ExpressVPN windows app (Check our Guide).
2. Once done, you'll get a prompt- 'Repair or uninstall ExpressVPN'.
3. Choose Repair next.
4. Once done, restart your PC.
That’s all! Now you know how to fix ExpressVPN Just a moment error. If you’ve got further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!