Netduma routers come with their own custom firmware, compatible with VPN services. With that said, let’s show you how to set up and use ExpressVPN on your Netduma R1 router.
Keep in mind that the following installation guide applies only to Netduma’s R1 router, launched in 2014. Netduma has since switched to a newer firmware (on recently released devices only), which is also covered on our website – so make sure to use the search field (in the top-right corner) to look for setting up more Netduma routers.
1. If you’re starting from scratch, feel free to subscribe to ExpressVPN first.
2. You’ll land on ExpressVPN’s website, where you need to click on 'Get ExpressVPN.'
3. Then, pick a subscription (long-term ones will help you save big, by the way).
4. Enter your email and proceed to fill out your payment info. Complete the procedure.
5. Once done, expect to receive a confirmation email from ExpressVPN.
6. Then, return to ExpressVPN’s site (you need to be on its home page at this point).
7. Select 'My Account' using the website’s main menu (top-right corner).
8. Input your email address and password, and then click on 'Sign In.'
9. When asked for a verification code, copy it from your email inbox.
10. You’ll now access your account’s online dashboard. Click on 'Set Up Other Devices.'
11. Then, make sure to pick 'Manual Configuration' on the left-hand side.
12. On the right, make sure to pick 'OpenVPN.'
13. Just below, you’ll see your OpenVPN username and password. Make a note of that.
14. Then, download an OVPN file corresponding to the server you’d like to use.
15. We recommend keeping that page open in the background to copy and paste data.
16. Then, access your router using the 192.168.88.1 IP address.
17. Input the IP mentioned above in your browser’s Address bar and hit 'Enter.'
18. Provide your router’s credentials. By default, these are 'admin' and 'password.'
19. Using the left-placed sidebar, click on 'VPN.'
20. Select the connected device that will use the VPN, and then hit 'Setup.'
21. You’ll now be asked for a series of information, so check below what to use.
- Config: Open the downloaded OVPN file (on your computer) using any text editor. Then, copy the entire text you’ll see there into the 'Config' field (your router's admin panel).
- Username: Copy your username from your online dashboard.
- Password: Copy your password from your online dashboard.
- Enable: Lastly, make sure to check this box.
22. Double-check if you’ve entered everything correctly, and hit 'Apply.'
23. From this moment on, your Netduma router should use your VPN connection.
24. There should be a note saying 'Connected' in green, so make sure to check for it.
25. To make sure everything is set up properly, use ExpressVPN’s IP address checker.
26. The location you’ll see there should not correspond to your actual location.
27. To disconnect at any moment, make sure to visit the 'VPN' tab again.
28. Uncheck 'Enable' and click 'Apply.' That’s it!
That would be all on how to set up ExpressVPN on your Netduma R1 router. If you have any questions for us, make sure to post your comment just below. And lastly, thanks for reading!