You can set up ExpressVPN on a Freebox device using the OpenVPN protocol paired with AES-256 encryption. That said, ExpressVPN has been tested on the Freebox Revolution line of devices but should work without issues on any Freebox model that supports OpenVPN.
We'll also add that configuring ExpressVPN on a Freebox doesn't extend VPN protection to any devices (like your computer or phone) connected to the Freebox. Instead, only the integrated seedbox and downloads initiated through the device itself will be routed through the VPN.
If you wish to protect multiple devices at once, you need to install ExpressVPN on a router (which means Freebox will be used as a secondary router to a VPN-compatible router).
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Freebox
To set up ExpressVPN on your Freebox device, you need to set up an OpenVPN connection to your chosen VPN server. Here's what you need to do:
1. Sign up for ExpressVPN using its official website and any Web browser.
2. After subscribing, click "My Account" using the top-placed main menu on the ExpressVPN site. Provide your credentials and click "Sign In" to access your ExpressVPN dashboard.
3. Select "Set Up Other Devices," which is a button visible at the top of that page.
4. Click "Manual Configuration" on the left. Select the "OpenVPN" tab on the right. Make a note of your username and password, and then download OVPN files based on the VPN server you wish to use on your Freebox.
5. Now, access your Freebox dashboard via http://mafreebox.freebox.fr. You'll need to provide your credentials to access your Freebox OS dashboard.
6. Navigate to: Paramètres de la Freebox > Mode Avancé > Client VPN.
7. Select the "Configuration VPN" tab and click on the plus (+) icon on the right.
8. You’ll see a series of fields, so fill them out based on the following.
- Description: Pick any name for your connection (easy to remember).
- Type de serveur VPN: Select "OpenVPN."
- Nom d’utilisateur: Copy your OpenVPN username (from your dashboard).
- Mot de passe: Copy your OpenVPN password (from your dashboard).
9. Select the "Parcourir" button and upload the OVPN file from your computer. Then, select "Sauvegarder" to save your new VPN connection’s parameters.
10. Using the "Client VPN" window, click "État de la connexion VPN." At the top, check the status of your VPN connection next to "Client VPN Actif."
11. Finally, select the "Applications" tab (in the "Client VPN" window). You will see a single box there that needs to be checked. That’s it!
When it comes to Freebox devices, ExpressVPN is the best option as it supports the OpenVPN protocol and AES-256 encryption - without logging any of your data. That means you'll get a set of privacy-protecting technologies, as well as the ability to unblock new sites and apps.
That said, here's how to install ExpressVPN on all its supported devices. We made sure to cover 60+ devices and platforms in that guide, so make sure to take a look.
Does ExpressVPN Work on Freebox?
Yes, ExpressVPN works on all Freebox devices that support OpenVPN connections. This VPN doesn't offer a list of supported Freebox devices, so you'll have to check manually whether your Freebox model accepts OpenVPN connections.
Does ExpressVPN Connect Automatically on Freebox?
Yes, ExpressVPN connections automatically on Freebox devices. Once you set it up, it will run continuously until you turn it off (by visiting the "Client VPN" section on Freebox).
What VPN Protocol Do You Get on Freebox with ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN supports the OpenVPN protocol on Freebox. That's an incredibly secure protocol that protects your privacy and helps you unblock streaming apps.
That would be all on how to set up ExpressVPN on Freebox. If you have any questions, know that we’re here to assist. So, make sure to post your comment below. And lastly, thanks for reading!