November 3, 2021
LG Smart TV works on webOS, which doesn't support any VPN client natively, so there is no CyberGhost app for Smart TV that you can download and run directly. However, you can definitely bypass geo-restrictions on your LG TV and watch your favorite content with this VPN. Yes, CyberGhost's Smart DNS technology helps you do that. So without further ado, learn how to download, install, and use CyberGhost VPN on LG Smart TV.
The following steps will help you change your DNS settings on LG Smart TV. This is a one-time change. If you want to roll back in the future, save your present DNS address before following the steps.
1. First, click here to visit the CyberGhost VPN page.
2. Next, click the Get CyberGhost VPN button and choose your subscription plan on the next page.
3. Now, put the required details to purchase the subscription, and you'll receive a confirmation email next.
4. Then, go to CyberGhost's official website and click the My Account button.
5. You need to give your Username and Password now, then hit the Login button.
6. Once you’re in the dashboard, click the VPN button from the left pane and navigate to the Smart DNS tab.
7. Now, click the green Activate IP address button.
Here, your real IP address will be shown beside the 'Your IP address:' section. You can discard the virtual IP address anytime by choosing the 'Remove IP' button on the Smart DNS tab.
8. Once done, move to the DNS Address tab and copy the one for the particular streaming platform you want to unblock.
9. Now, turn on your LG Smart TV and go to Settings (gear icon from the top right corner of your home screen).
10. Next, choose Network and then Wi-Fi Connection to find the network that your LG TV is connected to.
11. Now, choose your active Wi-Fi network and select Advanced Wi-Fi Settings.
12. Next, turn Off IPv6 and hit the Edit button.
13. You have to uncheck the 'Set Automatically' option next.
14. Then, insert the server address that you've copied from your account's dashboard in the DNS Server field.
You should keep the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, MAC Address unchanged.
15. Finally, hit the Connect button to set up the connection.
That’s all! These steps will help you set up CyberGhost VPN on LG Smart TV. If you want to install CyberGhost VPN on other devices also, check our complete CyberGhost installation guide. Thanks for reading! For further queries, drop us a comment through the below button.