January 6, 2022
You might know that Apple TV runs on tvOS, which provides zero support for VPN services - so there is no native VPN application available to download and use on your Apple TV devices directly. However, there is definitely a way to bypass the geo-restrictions and watch your favorite movie, series, or sports on your Apple TV.
CyberGhost VPN comes with a Smart DNS feature that spoofs your geo-location and unblocks locked content. So, irrespective of your present location, changing the DNS settings will enable you to explore the complete content catalog on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more. Let's learn how to download, install and use CyberGhost VPN on Apple TV.
You can change the DNS settings on Apple TV 3 and Apple TV 4 using the below steps. However, make sure you save your original DNS settings beforehand. It will help you in switching back to your original settings for future needs.
1. First, click here to visit the CyberGhost VPN subscription page.
2. Now, click the Get CyberGhost VPN button.
3. Choose your preferred subscription plan and submit the required details on the next page.
4. Once you complete the purchase, you'll get a confirmation email.
5. Next, visit CyberGhost official website and hit the My Account button from the top right corner.
6. Now, put your Username, Password and hit the Log in button to access your CyberGhost dashboard.
7. When in the dashboard, find and click the 'VPN' option from the left pane.
8. Navigate to the Smart DNS tab next.
9. Click the Activate IP address button now.
10. Your Smart DNS settings page will appear; navigate to the 'AppleTV' tab.
11. A list of all the available DNS IP addresses in different countries will come up.
12. Scroll through the list and copy the IP address next to your preferred location.
13. Once done, turn on your Apple TV and choose Settings from the home screen.
14. Now, scroll down to Network and click on it.
15. Next, choose the Wi-Fi connection that is being used by your Apple TV device currently.
16. Scroll through this page now to find and select the Configure DNS option.
17. Now, change the Configure DNS option from Automatic to Manual
18. Once done, enter the CyberGhost Smart DNS IP in the DNS Address page and hit the Done button.
19. Finally, find System from the Settings page and hit the Restart button.
20. Your Apple TV will restart now with changed DNS settings.
That's all! Now you know how to download, install and use CyberGhost VPN on Apple TV. If you have other devices running on different platforms, follow our CyberGhost VPN complete setup guide. For further queries, use the below comment button to leave us a message. Thanks for reading!