QNAP 4.4.2 NAS device users can easily configure and use NordVPN on it. These devices support the OpenVPN connection, so you can configure the OpenVPN client of NordVPN and encrypt your personal data. But if you're going to set up this VPN for the first time, you'll require assistance to ensure you don't encounter any errors. Here we've provided a complete guide on how to configure and use NordVPN on QNAP 4.4.2 NAS. Have a look.
1. First, visit the NordVPN website.
2. Next, click the Grab the Deal button and pick a subscription on the upcoming screen.
3. Then, enter your payment details to complete your purchase.
4. You'll get a confirmation on your subscription once done.
5. Now, you've to access your QNAP and choose QVPN Service.
6. Move on to the VPN Client option next and pick VPN Connection Profiles.
7. Click the Add button after that, and choose OpenVPN from the dropdown list.
8. Next, click here to download the appropriate .ovpn configuration file for the VPN server in the location where you want to connect to; you can find these files under the Show available protocols option.
9. Once downloaded, import those files to the control page of your device.
10. Now, enter your NorVPN service credentials, i.e., username and password, in the given fields.
You can find these details in your online dashboard account under the Advanced configuration tab.
11. Once you enter the details, click Apply.
12. Now, VPN Connection Profiles will be previewed; select the NordVPN profile and click Use VPN as NS Default Gateway.
13. Next, toggle the bar next to Enable VPN Gateway.
14. Now, you'll be connected to NordVPN.
15. To test whether or not your VPN connection is working, click here.
16. Then navigate to Torrent Address detection and click the Activate button.
17. Next, copy the location of the Magnet Link and keep this webpage open.
18. After that, open the Download Station on your QNAP UI.
19. Now, press the add button and choose Input URL.
20. A new window will pop up now; paste the Magnet Link you've copied to the Create Task list.
21. Now, click Next and hit Apply without any changes.
22. Next, move back to the site from where you received the magnet link and check which IP address your QNAP device is using.
23. If it shows the IP address of the VPN server you're connected to, you're all set to encrypt your connection with NordVPN.
That’s all! Now you know how to configure and use NordVPN on QNAP 4.4.2. If you’ve further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!