This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
Scandinavian countries are well aware of Viaplay, which rivals Netflix and similar streaming services by offering a wider variety of content. With that said, one of Viaplay's best features is its wide availability that covers plenty of devices and platforms. It doesn't come as a surprise that a Kodi addon exists as well, which comes very easy to install. Therefore, let's talk about the Viaplay Kodi addon.
Depending on your location and your Viaplay subscription, this streaming service offers TV shows, movies, sports, PPV events, live TV channels, and more. All of that is available on Kodi, as the addon is designed to take full advantage of your subscription. So, even though you can’t exactly subscribe to Viaplay from this Kodi addon, you will get all the content you seek.
And when it comes to Viaplay’s video quality, the addon certainly doesn’t disappoint. Depending on your subscription and the quality of your Web connection, you’ll get anything from 720p to 1080p. That means that using the Viaplay Kodi addon on a large-screen TV is an easy possibility.
Unless you’re in a country where Viaplay operates (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland), you’ll need to use a VPN to obtain a new IP address. That’s possible with ExpressVPN, which we strongly recommend using.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Movies & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching movies on Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Movies: Most movie addons for Kodi are accessible from a few countries only. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks every Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Viaplay Addon on Kodi
To install Viaplay on your Kodi, you need to go through the following steps:
1. Find Kodi’s icon and double-click to open the application. You’ll see its home screen.
2. On the left-hand side of your screen, select 'Add-ons.'
3. Then, hover over 'Download.' On the right, navigate to 'Video Add-ons.'
4. Now, find the Viaplay Kodi addon and select its name.
5. The addon’s overview will now appear. Feel free to use the 'Install' button.
6. Once you see the list of required dependencies, select 'OK.'
7. Wait for a notification on the right, letting you know that Viaplay is now installed.
8. Return to Kodi’s home screen and once again, select 'Add-ons.'
9. Go to 'Video Add-ons' and launch the Viaplay Kodi addon.
10. Follow the on-screen prompts to log in to your account. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the Viaplay Kodi addon. In case of any questions or doubts, make sure to use the comments section below. And lastly, thank you for reading!