Springwatch is back in 2023 from a brand new location with a star-studded wildlife cast, and we have the premiere date, episode release schedule, and other essential details you may be searching for. Moreover, you’ll be able to stream the 2023 season online quite easily from anywhere in the world you may be, so keep reading to find out everything.
Spring is a season of new life and hopefulness, when anything seems possible in the longer days ahead. It can be the most dramatic, expectant, and optimistic of seasons when our trees and hedgerows display leaves of every shade of green, wildflowers burst into life in our hay meadows, and blossom festoons our orchards. The wildlife has a spring in its step, too, as lives are consumed with mating, hatching, and survival.
Chris Packham and Michaela Strachan are broadcasting from RSPB Arne in Dorset, where spring is in full swing, and the nest cameras are rigged, so they’re ready to capture all the drama of the season. Iolo Williams is out and about exploring not only RSPB Arne but the wider area of Purbeck, a new and very super NNR, while Gillian Burke is embarking on a wildlife exploration of her own as she sets off to explore Snowdonia National Park.
This season will cover a variety of wildlife: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, inverts, and a botany bonanza. Wildlife rarely reads the script, so anything could happen.
This being said, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch Springwatch 2023 online from anywhere, even on the go or while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Springwatch 2023
The first episode of Springwatch 2023 will air in the UK on BBC One on Monday, March 29, 2023, at 7:30 pm local time and will stream for free after the premiere broadcast ends via the BBC iPlayer platform (only available in the UK).
The season is expected to have 12 episodes, each 60 minutes long. We’ll see one new episode a day on four consecutive days, and the show will air Mondays to Thursdays, but at 8 pm this time. In between episodes, you can also watch Red Button.
How to Watch Springwatch 2023 Online from Anywhere
The BBC iPlayer service is geo-restricted, just like all the live TV and streaming services that we use to watch our favorite content online in our home countries. This means the platform cannot be accessed from outside the UK without a tool that can help you change your IP address to one from a location without geo-blocks. So go ahead and use a VPN subscription to watch Springwatch 2023 online from anywhere.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market right now, and it’s a great tool to unblock all your favorite streaming platforms, including BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, Britbox, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and more. A subscription offers thousands of servers around the world, high speeds, stable connections, 24/7 chat support, no bandwidth caps, no logs, and the best encryption protocols. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the money-back guarantee policy.
You will need to create an account on the company’s website to get started, and it only takes a few minutes to do it. Keep in mind the annual plan has an appealing discount when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount & get 3 months FREE). First, fill in your details and pay. Next, download the native app for your device or system and install it. Then, launch and run the VPN app using a UK server to remove the geo-restrictions. Lastly, load the service to stream Springwatch 2023.
How to Watch Springwatch 2023 Online for Free in the UK
The upcoming season of this nature documentary series will air on BBC One, and you can stream Springwatch on BBC iPlayer for free. To unlock the titles, you just need to own or create a free account with the platform and log into your account on the service. You will also find other fan-favorite BBC titles on this platform, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
BBC iPlayer is not available abroad, so you will need a top-tier VPN tool to remove the geo-blockade while traveling outside the UK. Just remember to run the VPN in the background via a server located close to your home area before accessing the streaming platform.
Can I Watch Springwatch 2023 Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
Sadly, we found no way for you to watch Springwatch 2023 live stream in the US, Canada, and Australia, and this is a prevalent thing when it comes to British titles.
However, do not give up and turn to a good VPN tool to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Springwatch 2023 online for free in the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else. You just need to run the app in the background via a UK server before loading the streaming service for this to work.
Springwatch 2023 Episode Guide and Release Schedule
- Season 1 Episode 1 (May 29, 2023) - Chris and Michaela broadcast from RSPB Arne in Dorset. Iolo is exploring RSPB Arne and the wider area of Purbeck, a new and super NNR. Gillian sets off to explore Snowdonia National Park.
- Season 1 Episode 2 (May 30, 2023) - Michaela heads out in search of all six of Britain's native reptile species, while Chris gets into the finer detail of some of our nests on-site at RSPB Arne. Iolo meets up with the series's resident botanist, while Gillian searches for some of Snowdonia’s brilliant bats.
- Season 1 Episode 3 (May 30, 2023) - Chris and Michaela unpack the overnight drama from the key characters while Iolo searches for some of the heathland’s resplendent inverts. Gillian continues her Snowdonia exploration and is out looking for Britain's only venomous snake, the adder.
- Season 1 Episode 4 (June 1, 2023) - Chris and Michaela provide all the highlights on the nests. Iolo sets himself a challenge as he sets sail into Poole Harbour, keen to see a white-tailed eagle or an osprey. Gillian travels further north within Snowdonia to meet a pine marten soon to be released into the wild.
- Season 1 Episode 5 (June 5, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 6 (June 6, 2023) - Chris and Michaela appreciate spring’s simple wildlife pleasures at RSPB Arne in Dorset and reveal some truly astonishing footage documenting the lifecycle of a jellyfish.
- Season 1 Episode 7 (June 7, 2023) - Gillian is moving down to the Llyn Peninsular in north Wales, while Iolo continues his wildlife search among the sand dunes of Studland Bay.
- Season 1 Episode 8 (June 8, 2023) - A celebration of Britain's seas. Gillian explores a seagrass meadow, while Iolo showcases overlooked species at Swanage Pier.
- Season 1 Episode 9 (June 12, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 10 (June 13, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 11 (June 14, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 12 (June 15, 2023)