Race Across the World 2023 is almost here after a three-year wait due to the pandemic, and we have the premiere date, plot, episode release schedule, and other details you may be searching for. Moreover, you’ll be able to stream the 2023 season online quite easily from anywhere in the world, so keep reading to find out everything.
Season 1 saw the teams race from London to Singapore, and the second season went from Mexico City to Argentina. The BAFTA-winning series has a new location and five new pairs of contestants. This time, the race is taking place in Canada, so the backpackers will race through forests and over lakes and will meet bears and bison along the way as they take up the 16,000-kilometre challenge to travel coast-to-coast across Canada.
The adventure starts in Stanley Park, Vancouver, on the Pacific coast, and the destination is North America’s most easterly city, St John’s Newfoundland on the Atlantic, where the fastest pair gets the £20,000 pot of prize money.
With no mobile phones, internet access, or credit cards to assist them, the contestants must use their wits and ingenuity and rely on the kindness of strangers to help them across six time zones by land. Each pair is given an equal amount of cash to start with, but they will need to earn the rest afterward, and that can include mucking out livestock and helping with light construction work.
The reality TV show is narrated by John Hannah. This being said, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch Race Across the World 2023 Season 3 online from anywhere, even on the go or while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3)
The first episode of Race Across the World Season 3 aired in the UK on BBC One on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 9 pm local time (4 pm ET). You can also stream the episodes for free soon after the premiere broadcast ends via the BBC iPlayer platform (only available in the UK).
The season will have 9 episodes, each 60 minutes long, and we’ll see one new episode a week.
How to Watch Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3) Online from Anywhere
Just like all the live TV and streaming services out there that we use to watch our favorite content online in our home countries, the British BBC iPlayer service is geo-restricted. That means it cannot be accessed from outside the UK, so you will need to use a tool to help you change your IP address to one from a UK location to lift the geo-blockades. You can forget about this issue if you use a VPN subscription to watch Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3) online from anywhere.
Looking for the best VPN on the market right now? ExpressVPN works with tons of your favorite streaming platforms, including but not limited to BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, Britbox, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and others. The subscription offers thousands of servers worldwide, as well as other perks such as high speeds, stable connections, unlimited bandwidth, no logs, and great encryption protocols to protect your data online. Moreover, we suggest you try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the money-back guarantee.
3,000+ VPN servers in 160 VPN server locations in 94 countries, 5 Simultaneous connections, Fast and stable connection, No activity logs or connection logs, No bandwidth limits, Strong encryption, 24/7 live chat support, and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Plus, the annual plan has a big discount on the company’s website, so go ahead and subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount & get 3 months FREE). You will need to create an account to get started, and that only takes a few minutes, so fill in the required info and pay. Next, download the app for your device, install, and launch it. Then, pick a UK server and turn on the VPN to remove the geo-restrictions. Lastly, load the service to stream Race Across the World Season 3 online.
How to Watch Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3) Online for Free in the UK
The upcoming season of this British series will air on BBC One, and this means you can stream Race Across the World Season 3 for free via BBC iPlayer, BBC’s streaming service. To unlock the titles, you just need to own or create a free account with the platform and log into your account on the service. You will also find other famous BBC shows on this platform, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
The BBC iPlayer service is only available in the UK, so you will need a capable VPN tool to remove the geo-blockade while being outside the UK. Just remember to run the VPN in the background via a server located close to your home area before accessing the streaming platform.
Can I Watch Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3) Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
We are sorry to inform you that you won’t find the show anywhere outside the UK for the moment, and this happens a lot with British titles.
However, you can forget about this small setback if you use a safe and capable VPN tool set to a UK server to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Race Across the World Season 3 online for free in the US, Canada, and Australia. You just need to run the app in the background before loading the streaming service for this to work.
Race Across The World Season 3 Contestants
- Ladi and Monique — father and daughter
Monique, 25, who is traveling with her dad, Ladi, 52, knows she will be pushed way out of her comfort zone.
- Tricia and Cathie — best friends
Company director Cathie, 49, and bank clerk Tricia, 48, have been best mates since they met at school aged 13 and say they’ve always loved doing ‘bonkers’ things together.
- Marc and Michael — brothers
Michael, 34, and his older brother Marc, 36, are hoping the adventure will bring them closer.
- Mobeen and Zainib — married couple
The married couple who live in Manchester say their goal was to inject more excitement into their lives. Glaswegian Zainib, 32, is a psychiatrist, and her husband Mobeen, 31, is an orthopedic surgeon.
- Claudia and Kevin — father and daughter
The daughter and dad duo from Southampton say they don’t have a winning plan and are both natural procrastinators. Kevin is 53 and Claudia is 27.
Race Across the World 2023 (Season 3) Episode Guide
- Season 3, Episode 1 (March 22, 2023) - Best friends Tricia and Cathie struggle to get out of the starting point of Stanley Park. It's straight into the deep end for brothers Marc and Michael, who barely know one another. Husband and wife Zainib and Mobeen get stranded at Whistler ski resort. Ladi tries to use the race to educate daughter Monique about the world at large, and Kevin and daughter Claudia make a decision that could impact their race dramatically.
- Season 3, Episode 2 (March 29, 2023) - The race to St John’s continues as the five teams leave Haida Gwaii and head into the heart of the Yukon towards the second checkpoint, the former gold rush boom town Dawson City.
- Season 3, Episode 3 (April 5, 2023) - The race to St John's continues as the five pairs leave the gold rush boom town of Dawson City and head south to the third checkpoint, 2,700 km away in the province of Alberta - the picturesque resort town of Banff. Perched in the Rocky Mountains, 4,500 feet above sea level, Banff is the highest town in Canada, and in this leg, there is a need for speed as the team who reach the checkpoint last will be eliminated from the race.Trisha and Cathie are in the lead, but spent big to hire a car in the last leg, so need a cheaper strategy this time. Disaster strikes for 25-year-old Monique, who injures herself at the checkpoint, causing a three-hour delay. Her father, Ladi, makes a vital decision that could catapult them back into the race, but there is a catch. The threat of elimination brings out the competitive sides of married couple Zainib and Mobeen, who have differing ideas about who is boss. Marc realises he has to face up to his fears if he and brother Michael are to claw back some time and avoid elimination. Stragglers Claudia and Kevin start the leg with different priorities: Claudia wants experiences, whereas Kevin only has the race on his mind. Their situation takes an unexpected turn when they meet a Catholic missionary called Miriam, who could be the answer to their prayers.
- Season 3, Episode 4 (April 12, 2023) - Five teams have been set the challenge to race across the breadth of Canada, passing through seven checkpoints, taking them from the Pacific coastline to the edge of the Arctic and the shores of the Great Lakes, ending up at their final destination on the Atlantic Ocean, St. John's on the island of Newfoundland, the most easterly town in North America. A £20,000 cash prize is at stake.The remaining pairs must now navigate to the fourth checkpoint, the remote outpost of Churchill, where polar bears can outnumber people. On Hudson Bay, at the edge of the Arctic, Churchill is not connected to the rest of Canada by road but by a twice-weekly train, and the teams have just three days to catch it. It's a journey that will take them from Alberta's major cities of Calgary and Edmonton, before the Rockies make way for Saskatchewan's great prairies and badlands.As the train makes its way from Winnipeg to Churchill, the teams need to work out where they can catch it. With the clock ticking, every decision counts for the racers, as they work together once again to reach that all-important checkpoint to be one step closer to the finish line and the £20,000 cash prize.
- Season 3, Episode 5 (April 19, 2023) - It's the halfway point in the race across Canada. As the teams take to the ice flows of Hudson Bay, they cross from the province of Manitoba to the territory of Nunavut, an area the size of western Europe, inhabited by the Inuit. The ice is a hunting ground for seals and the polar bears who like to feed on them, It is also a favourite summer holiday spot for beluga whales.The next leg will take them from the edge of the Arctic to the shore of the Great Lakes – the fifth checkpoint over 3,000 kilometres away on Manitoulin Island. Situated in Lake Huron, it is the largest freshwater island on the planet, vast enough to contain over a hundred inland lakes itself.The race is on, but the pairs only have one way out of Churchill – a noisy overnight train south. Then, it's another sleepless night in two buses from hell as they join the road network towards the checkpoint. This single, gruelling stretch of highway – taking them into Ontario and skirting the Great Lakes – has limited transport options, and the teams will need ingenuity as well as stamina to gain the advantage in what could be the tightest leg so far.Much to Claudia's annoyance, Kevin splashed out on an expensive taxi in the last leg, so now the current leaders have just a quarter of their budget remaining. They decide that they must prioritise earning cash, or risk leaving the race. But can father and daughter negotiate the relentless travel network without falling out once more?Zainib is feeling homesick, so she and husband Mobeen must decide whether to take a gamble to take a break from the race so that Zainib can indulge her love of animals. However, she'll need to camp out for the first time to do so, and the pressure of hauling themselves back into contention takes its toll.Once off the Churchill train, Monique and Ladi try to make a quick break from the other teams, Although Ladi is impressed by his daughter continuing to take the lead, he is finding it hard to take a step back. And after receiving some bad news from home, Tricia fears she may have to cut her race short.It's the final push to reach that all important checkpoint to be one step closer to the finish line and the £20,000 cash prize.
- Season 3, Episode 6 (April 26, 2023) - The pairs must brush up on their language skills, as the next stop is in Quebec.
- Season 3, Episode 7: (May 3, 2023) - Just two more legs remain. After starting the race 41 days ago on Canada's Pacific coast, the teams now have the Atlantic within their reach - lapping the shores of the seventh checkpoint at the seaside town of Liverpool, Nova Scotia. To reach it, they head through the Maritimes, Canada's three smallest provinces – New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.To keep their lead, Zainib and Mobeen aim to test the local hospitality to the limit, but a trip to catch a naturally occurring phenomenon - on a sinking raft on the highest tide in the world - may derail all their hard work.Claudia and her dad Kevin are running on fumes and, with costly taxis out of the question, need emergency surgery to mend their ailing budget. But a bad start, where they end up spending money to go backwards, makes their challenge even more difficult.After faltering in the last leg and dropping into last place, the stress of the race is beginning to get to best friends Tricia and Cathie. Can they mend their differences and get themselves back into a strong position in time for the final push to the finish line?A string of failed attempts to hitchhike shines a light on the obstacles Monique and Ladi face. The only team remaining to have not won a leg, it's now or never if they are going to turn themselves into genuine contenders.As the finish line draws ever closer, the teams have to battle fog, torrential rain and the spotty Canadian transport system to gain an advantage. But only one can be first and one step closer to the all-important £20,000 cash prize.
- Season 3, Episode 8: The Final (May 10, 2023) - The Bafta-winning third series of Race Across the World reaches its epic climax tonight as one lucky team crosses the finish line in first place, claiming the £20,000 cash prize and the title of Race Across the World champions.Forty-six days ago, five teams embarked on a monumental journey across the second-largest country in the world – Canada. Without smartphones, internet access and credit cards, the teams' skill, ingenuity and determination have been tested to the extreme as they attempted to conquer the 16,000-kilometre route.The teams navigated their way through seven check points, across challenging terrains and alongside unpredictable wildlife with ever-dwindling budgets.Across prairies and the Canadian Badlands to the edge of the Arctic, from the shores of the Great Lakes to the picturesque fishing towns of Nova Scotia, from the Rockies to the densely inhabited region of Quebec's cities, this has undoubtedly been an adventure to remember.This gruelling and punishing race pushed the teams to their limits, both physically and emotionally. Alongside the astonishing scenery, it has given them the opportunity to immerse themselves in different cultures, make lasting connections and appreciate surprising and inspiring acts of kindness from total strangers along the way.The journey has not just been physical – relationships have been tested and bonds strengthened. At times unpredictable and always dramatic, the pairs complete the experience as very different people from the ones who started the race eight weeks ago.In an incredibly tight, gripping and pulsating finale set against the backdrop of the most easterly point of the North American continent, which team will triumph, be crowned winners and welcomed into the Race Across the World hall of fame?
- Season 3, Episode 9: The Reunion (May 10, 2023) - After a thrilling third series of the Bafta-winning adventure, our five pairs return to reflect on their epic, once-in-a-lifetime race across Canada.Tonight, they reunite for the first time since the race ended to reveal fascinating insights into their different strategies and individual experiences, from their highest highs to their lowest lows, from money woes to emotional breakdowns, from the hardships of travel to the kindness of strangers, and perhaps most importantly their moments of self-discovery.The confessions continue as they reveal their first impressions of each other and how these changed as the competition between them grew fiercer. Has the unbreakable bond they formed as a group held strong after the race? Or have old rivalries re-emerged? And what has happened since they returned to the UK? One thing is certain – the lives of all who took part have been changed for good.This one-off special will offer a truly unique, captivating, behind-the-scenes look into how these intrepid travellers coped with the trials and tribulations of an incredible, life-affirming race and the impact it has had on both them individually and their relationships.