To set up ExpressVPN on a Sabai router, you need two things. You need an active subscription to ExpressVPN, as well as a router with pre-installed Sabai OS firmware. Then, you'll use the VPN's configuration files to connect your router to a specific VPN server, protecting all your incoming and outgoing data, for your entire household.
That said, ExpressVPN should work with any Sabai router, as long as it supports OpenVPN. Some Sabai routers support the PPTP protocol, which ExpressVPN doesn't support anymore. In fact, our strong recommendation is to stick to OpenVPN only, as PPTP is a vulnerable protocol.
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Sabai Router
As you're about to see, setting up ExpressVPN on Sabai OS is a relatively easy process. We'll guide you through every step of the way, so here's what you need to do:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN using your computer and any Web browser.
2. After subscribing, click "My Account" on ExpressVPN's site (in the top-placed main menu). Provide your username and password, and then access your ExpressVPN dashboard.
3. Then, navigate to Set Up Other Devices > Manual Configuration > OpenVPN.
4. On the right side, make a note of your OpenVPN username and password. Scroll down and pick a VPN server, and then download its OpenVPN (OVPN) configuration files.
5. Access your Sabair router’s admin panel by entering 192.168.199.1 in the address bar of your Web browser. You will be asked for your router's username and password. By default, these are "admin" and "sabaipass123."
6. Navigate to Network > OpenVPN > Choose File. Select the OVPN file you downloaded moments ago and upload it to your Sabai router.
7. Once you upload the OVPN file, click the "Show File" button. You'll see two fields now, labeled "Username" and "Password." Copy your OpenVPN username and password.
8. Then, click "Start" to initialize your OpenVPN connection. Wait up to 30 seconds. You should see a confirmation in the top-right corner.
9. To disconnect (and return to your regular connection), press the "Stop" button.
All in all, ExpressVPN is the best option for Sabai because it's easy to set up and features high-end encryption. So, you can be sure your privacy is protected on the Web, no matter how many devices you connect to your Sabai router.
However, don't forget that ExpressVPN also works on individual devices. If you'd like to learn more, here's how to install ExpressVPN on all its supported devices. You'll find more than 60 devices covered in that guide.
Does ExpressVPN Work on Sabai Routers?
Yes, ExpressVPN works on Sabai routers. In fact, ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation for Sabai, because it's a safe, secure, and incredibly fast VPN.
Which Sabai Routers Work with ExpressVPN?
Any Sabai router that supports OpenVPN connections works with ExpressVPN. That means that practically all of the currently available Sabai models are supported.
Is It Worth Putting ExpressVPN on a Sabai Router?
Yes, it's worth putting ExpressVPN on a Sabai router. That's how you can protect your privacy, unblock websites, and optimize your Web connection.
If you wish to learn more, here's our guide on what does a VPN do.
That would be all about how to set up ExpressVPN on a Sabai router. In case you have any questions or doubts, make sure to post your comment just below. And lastly, thank you for reading!