Installing CyberGhost VPN on a Chrome OS-based laptop is quite easy. Yes, all you need is a CyberGhost VPN subscription and a Chromebook that allows Play Store downloads. Check out our guide on how to download, install, and use CyberGhost VPN on Chromebook.
CyberGhost VPN works on all the latest Chromebooks:
- ASUS Chromebook Flip C214
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet
- HP Chromebook X360 12b
- Samsung Chromebook Pro
- Acer Chromebook 314
1. First, click here to visit the CyberGhost VPN subscription page.
2. Next, click on the Get CyberGhost VPN button.
3. On the next page, choose your subscription and fill in the required fields to complete payment.
4. Now, you'll receive a confirmation mail comprising your Username and Password (you can change them later).
5. Go to the Play Store next and type ‘CyberGhost VPN’ in the search bar.
6. Make sure you choose 'VPN by CyberGhost: Secure WiFi' from the search results.
7. Now, hit the Install button to download the VPN app.
8. Once done, hit the Open button.
10. You have to put your Username and Password now, then click on the Login button.
11. Once you can access the control screen, click the Power button to make a connection request.
12. Now, a confirmation notification will pop up as you’re connecting for the first time; hit the OK button.
13. When the Power button turns yellow, your status will be connected.
CyberGhost VPN will choose the best location automatically. If you want to connect to another location, follow the below step.
14. Before you click the Power button, click on Best Location to preview the country list.
15. Now, choose your preferred location from the list and click on it.
16. Once done, click the Power button to connect to the location you selected.
17. When this button turns yellow, your connection will be established.
Some users only install the CyberGhost VPN chrome extension, but that will only filter your web traffic and won’t provide security while accessing the apps downloaded from Play Store. However, the CyberGhost VPN app will protect all your activity on Chromebook.
That’s all! Now you know how to download, install, and use CyberGhost VPN on Chromebook. If you own other devices running on multiple platforms, check our complete CyberGhost VPN setup guide to use your VPN subscription at its best potential. Thanks for reading!