This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
If you want to stay on top of the latest news, Kodi offers a lot of addons with plenty of both live and on-demand content. For example, you can try NewsON or The Wall Street Journal, both of which are excellent choices. However, we have another recommendation for you. And yes, as you’ve already guessed, we’ll talk about the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon.
If you're not from Europe, you might not be aware of Deutsche Welle, one of the most popular TV channels originating from Germany, broadcasting since the '50s. Deutsche Welle comes as an independent source of news, free of government influence. And also, we're not talking about politics here only, as Deutsche Welle brings news related to any sphere of life.
The Deutsche Welle Kodi addon lets you watch live TV (in English, German, Spanish, and Chinese), on-demand content, 24-hour highlights, and more. And also, its live stream comes in 720p, while its on-demand content comes in up to 1080p.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More News Sources & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching the latest newscasts and live TV news channels via Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More News: Many news-related Kodi addons are accessible from a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You’ll GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Deutsche Welle Addon on Kodi
Here are the 10 steps to take to install Deutsche Welle on Kodi:
1. Locate Kodi and launch it by clicking its icon. Wait until its home screen appears.
2. Select 'Add-ons' using the main menu on the left side of your screen.
3. Use your cursor to hover over 'Download.' Then, select 'Video Add-ons' on the right.
4. Navigate to the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon. Select its name to open its overview.
5. At this moment, you’ll see the 'Install' button on the right. Use it.
6. You’ll see a list of required dependencies. Feel free to select 'OK.'
7. Deutsche Welle will now download and install. Wait for a notification on the right.
8. Then, go back to the home screen of Kodi. Once again, select 'Add-ons.'
9. Using Kodi’s main menu, navigate to 'Video Add-ons.'
10. Finally, select 'Deutsche Welle' and launch the addon. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon. In case you have any issues or questions, post them via the comments section below. And finally, thank you for reading!