Unfortunately, this addon isn’t yet available for Kodi 19 ‘Matrix,’ which includes any subsequent releases as well. In case you didn’t hear, Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ is incompatible with a large number of addons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of Kodi.
Until that happens, you can use this addon on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ or older versions (without any issues whatsoever). We’ll make sure to let you know if an update comes out, changing the current situation.
If you want to stay on top of the latest news, Kodi offers a lot of addons with plenty of both live and on-demand content. For example, you can try NewsON or The Wall Street Journal, both of which are excellent choices. However, we have another recommendation for you. And yes, as you’ve already guessed, we’ll talk about the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon.
If you’re not from Europe, you might not be aware of Deutsche Welle, one of the most popular TV channels originating from Germany, broadcasting since the ’50s. Deutsche Welle comes as an independent source of news, free of government influence. And also, we’re not talking about politics here only, as Deutsche Welle brings news related to any sphere of life.
The Deutsche Welle Kodi addon lets you watch live TV (in English, German, Spanish, and Chinese), on-demand content, 24-hour highlights, and more. And also, its live stream comes in 720p, while its on-demand content comes in up to 1080p.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, here are the 10 steps to install Deutsche Welle on Kodi in 2021:
1. Locate Kodi and launch it by clicking its icon. Wait until its home screen appears.
2. Select ‘Add-ons‘ using the main menu on the left side of your screen.
3. Use your cursor to hover over ‘Download.’ Then, select ‘Video Add-ons‘ on the right.
4. Navigate to the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon. Select its name to open its overview.
5. At this moment, you’ll see the ‘Install‘ button on the right. Use it.
6. You’ll see a list of required dependencies. Feel free to select ‘OK.’
7. Deutsche Welle will now download and install. Wait for a notification on the right.
8. Then, go back to the home screen of Kodi. Once again, select ‘Add-ons.’
9. Using Kodi’s main menu, navigate to ‘Video Add-ons.’
10. Finally, select ‘Deutsche Welle‘ and launch the addon. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the Deutsche Welle Kodi addon in 2021. In case you have any issues or questions, make sure to post them via the comments section below. And finally, thank you for reading!