There are several ways to cancel your Avast SecureLine VPN subscription, depending on how you acquired it, in the first place. In other words, there are three ways to do that - via Avast's website or mobile apps (either Android or iOS). So, let's explain what each of those methods entails.
If You Subscribed via Avast’s Website
In case you acquired your Avast VPN subscription via its website, you’ll need to log in to your account and deactivate your subscription from there. Go through these steps.
1. Visit Avast’s official website and log in to your Avast Account.
2. Then, make sure to pick the 'Subscriptions' card.
3. Locate your SecureLine VPN subscription.
4. Now, use the 'Unsubscribe' button, just below your VPN subscription.
5. Make sure to select 'Unsubscribe from future renewals' and select 'Confirm.'
6. You’ll see a notification that your subscription will be canceled. Click on 'Got it.'
Keep in mind that once you cancel your Avast VPN subscription, you'll still get to use it until its renewal date. Your subscription's status will be set to 'Expiring.' Once the renewal date comes, your subscription will end – and you'll no longer have access to this VPN app.
If You Subscribed via Avast’s Android App
If you subscribed to Avast SecureLine via its Android app, you need to use the Play Store to cancel your subscription. Before you do that, make sure that you're logged in to the Google account used to purchase the subscription. Then, do the following:
1. Visit the Play Store app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Select your profile image, typically found in the top-right corner.
3. A drop-down menu will appear. Proceed to select 'Payment and Subscriptions.'
4. Select 'Subscriptions,' and then pick 'VPN SecureLine by Avast.'
5. Tap on 'Cancel Subscription' in the bottom-right corner.
6. You might be asked if you’d like to pause your subscription. Pick 'No, Thanks.'
7. Choose whether to provide a reason for canceling your Avast VPN subscription.
8. And lastly, confirm by tapping on 'Cancel subscription.'
If You Subscribed via Avast’s iOS/iPadOS App
Any subscriptions purchased via iOS/iPadOS apps must be canceled through Apple's App Store. First, make sure that you're signed in to the Apple ID used to purchase the VPN subscription, and then go through these steps:
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on your profile image, found in the top-right corner.
3. Pick 'Subscriptions' and then select 'Avast SecureLine VPN Proxy.'
4. Now, tap on 'Cancel Subscription.'
5. You’ll be asked to confirm your decision. Go ahead and tap on 'Confirm.'
Having Trouble Canceling Your Subscription? Try This!
And lastly, if (for any reason) you’re having a hard time canceling your Avast VPN subscription, it’s time to turn to Avast’s customer support team. Here’s how that is done.
1. First, find your order ID (in the order confirmation email you received).
2. Then, visit this Avast customer support page (for canceling subscriptions).
3. Fill out the required information, and select 'Submit Request.’'
Those would be all the ways to cancel your Avast VPN subscription. In case you have any additional questions, feel free to post your comment just below. And lastly, thanks for reading!