When it comes to live TV streaming services, you really do have many options these days. Still, if you’re adamant about using Kodi, know that most OTT services will be out of your reach – except Sling TV. Thanks to a third-party add-on, you can integrate this OTT service with your favorite home theater app. So, let’s talk about the Sling Kodi addon.
Before we go any further, a few useful tips. Know that we’re talking about an unofficial Kodi addon here, which comes from GitHub. However, this is a legal and safe-to-use addon that requires an active Sling TV subscription. Once you input your credentials, you’ll access your Sling TV package, letting you watch any content directly via Kodi.
Keep in mind that the Sling Kodi addon tends to bring 720p and 1080p content. Kodi is not yet capable of streaming in 4K, which doesn’t matter in this case as Sling TV doesn’t yet offer any 4K content. With that said, there’s absolutely no reason not to try this addon.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, here are the 10 steps to install Sling on Kodi in 2021.
1. First, go ahead and visit this GitHub page.
2. Click on ‘Code,’ and then pick ‘Download ZIP.’
3. Sling’s ZIP file will now download to your computer. Make sure NOT to unzip it!
If you aren’t using Kodi on a computer, downloading ZIP files might be a bit of a problem. With that said, you need to use another Kodi addon to download ZIP files directly to the application. For more info, here’s our guide on how to install Kodi addons from GitHub.
4. Launch Kodi and select ‘Add-ons‘ using the application’s main menu.
5. Now, click on the open box icon. You’ll see it in the top-left corner of your screen.
6. Pick ‘Install from ZIP file.’ A new window should open.
7. Navigate to the newly downloaded ZIP file. Then, select the file to install it.
8. After a couple of moments, a notification should appear on the right.
9. Feel free to return to Kodi’s start screen. Then, select ‘Add-ons‘ once again.
10. Launch the Sling Kodi addon, input your Sling TV credentials, and – that’s it!
Your search for amazing Kodi addons doesn’t have to stop with Sling, as plenty more options await! With that said, check out the best Kodi addons for streaming live TV. And if you want on-demand content, here are the best addons for movies and TV shows.
Finally, we’d like to point you to our central guide to the best working Kodi addons, where you’ll find over 60 hand-picked recommendations, all legal and safe to use.
That would be all on how to install the Sling Kodi addon. If you have any questions for us, don’t hesitate to post them via the comments section below. And lastly, thanks for reading!