You can install ExpressVPN on your BlackBerry phone if it runs Android. That means your device needs to have access to the Play Store, which isn't only how you can download and install ExpressVPN, but also keep the VPN updated at all times.
As per ExpressVPN’s documentation, the BlackBerry Priv and BlackBerry DTEK50 are currently the only models supported. There are other BlackBerry phones powered by Android out there – but we can’t make any promises as those models weren't tested by ExpressVPN's team.
So, if you meet the requirements for running ExpressVPN on BlackBerry, keep reading to learn how to get started.
How to Install ExpressVPN on BlackBerry
To install ExpressVPN on a BlackBerry device, you need to turn to the Play Store. These are the steps you need to take:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN using your phone or computer on any Web browser.
2. Once you subscribe, go back to ExpressVPN's website. Click "My Account" using the top-placed main menu. Provide your credentials to access your ExpressVPN dashboard.
3. Navigate to Set Up Other Devices > Android. On the right, you should have two options. First, tap the "Get It On Google Play" button and then download ExpressVPN's app.
4. If you can’t find the app on the Play Store, use the "Download APK" option. The installation file will download, so open it once ready. Then, install the app manually.
5. No matter which installation method you pick, open the app once installed. Tap "Sign In" and provide your credentials. ExpressVPN will also ask about anonymous data logging.
6. You will also be asked about a connection request. Make sure to tap on "OK" here, as the VPN must install a VPN profile on your BlackBerry device to work without any issues.
7. At this moment, you should see ExpressVPN’s home screen, ready to be used. Tap on the ON/OFF button, and ExpressVPN will connect you to the nearest server.
8. Tap the ON/OFF button again, and your VPN session will end (you'll disconnect).
9. To pick a specific server, tap on the button just below the ON/OFF switch. A new screen will open using which you can choose any country or server name. As soon as you pick a new server, ExpressVPN will connect you automatically. That’s it!
We highly recommend tapping on the hamburger button (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of ExpressVPN's UI. That's where you'll find ExpressVPN's settings, letting you fine-tune your VPN connection. And also, in case of any issues with the app, you'll want to check our guide on what to do when ExpressVPN isn't working on Android.
Your BlackBerry phone already comes with in-depth data protection systems. However, once you install ExpressVPN on your BlackBerry device, you'll get an ultra-tough security layer for your incoming and outgoing data, so you really won't be leaving any trace behind.
Of course, don't forget that your other devices deserve that same level of protection. That said, here's how to set up ExpressVPN on all its supported devices (60+ platforms covered).
That would be all on how to set up and use ExpressVPN on BlackBerry. If you have any questions for us, post them in the comments section below. Lastly, thanks for reading!