When it comes to watching UFC on Roku, you have numerous great options in front of you. This platform brings many UFC-related channels, so you can choose from several options suitable for different needs, budgets, and priorities. And yes, we’re here to help you pick the best one.
If you stick with us until the end of this article, you’ll learn all there’s to know on how to watch UFC on Roku. This includes picking the best possible streaming platform, installing the required apps (channels) on your Roku, and even going beyond certain limitations.
With that said, we’d first like to give you a short overview. You’ll find a quick guide on watching UFC on Roku below – but to truly get to know everything, don’t forget to read this entire article.
Here’s our short guide on how to watch UFC on Roku in 2020:
- First, you need to pick a UFC-focused streaming platform.
- Then, sign-up for the chosen platform, obtaining your credentials.
- (Optional): If you’re not in a supported country, sign-up for a VPN.
- Proceed to install a Roku channel (app) of your chosen UFC platform.
- Launch the channel, log-in, and stream UFC live and on-demand!
Step #1: Pick a UFC Streaming Platform With a Roku-Compatible Channel
First, let’s talk about the best streaming services that bring UFC-related content. As noted above, you have several interesting options in front of you.
What’s the Best UFC Streaming Platform for Roku in 2020?
Without any doubt, the best way to watch UFC on Roku is via ESPN+. Right now, this is the best way to stay up-to-date with UFC PPV events and UFC-related content.
ESPN+ offers a bundle that includes UFC’s PPV events as well – priced at $84.98 annually (25% off). So, get your ESPN Plus + UFC bundle subscription to enjoy everything this platform offers on your Roku and other devices as well.
Aside from offering UFC’s PPV events, ESPN+ gives you access to UFC Fight Night, Dana White’s Contender Series, UFC Destined, as well as the full 30 for 30 library. There’s plenty to watch here, both live and on-demand.
We’re 100% sure that UFC fans are going to love this streaming platform. So, before you proceed to the next step, don’t forget to get your ESPN+ subscription.
Are There Other Options for Streaming UFC on Roku?
Even though ESPN+ is the best option right now, it’s not the only option. Depending on your needs, you can also watch ESPN channels via the following OTT platforms.
- UFC Fight Pass: As you can see, UFC has its own OTT platform. It’s available on numerous devices (Roku included), brings PPV events, on-demand content, and a massive archive of events from UFC, PRIDE, Invicta FC, Strikeforce, and WEC.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu and ESPN come from the same company, so it’s no wonder that Hulu + Live TV is a good option here. You get a series of ESPN channels, along with an excellent selection of other sports and entertainment channels. This subscription also includes Hulu’s entire on-demand library.
- Sling TV: Lastly, know that Sling TV gives you access to ESPN channels as well, including a selection of entertainment, sports, and movie-related channels. It’s affordably priced, provides interesting extras, and presents a great way to watch UFC on Roku.
Step #2: Install UFC Channels (Apps) on Your Roku
We hope that you’ve got your ESPN+ subscription by now. If that’s so, here’s how to add this media streaming platform to your Roku.
- Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to the left-placed sidebar and select ‘Streaming Channels.’
- Once you select ‘Streaming Channels,’ you’ll see the Roku Channel Store.
- Again, use the left-placed sidebar and select ‘Search Channels.’
- Type in ‘ESPN,’ and you should see this channel’s icon on your screen.
- Once you select ESPN, you’ll see its details. Click on ‘Add Channel.’
- Finally, launch ESPN.
As you can see, we’ve told you to install the ESPN channel on your Roku. That’s because ESPN+ is integrated with the ESPN Roku channel, so you now need to activate it.
- Once you’ve launched ESPN+, select ‘Settings.’
- Then, select ‘Subscriptions’ using the left-placed sidebar.
- Pick the type of subscription you have and then select ‘Log-in.’
- You’ll see an activation code on your screen, which means that you now need to visit http://espn.com/activate on your phone or computer.
- You’ll need to input the activation code, log-in to your ESPN+ account, and that’s it!
Your ESPN+ subscription will now be linked to your Roku device. Of course, you’ll also get to access ESPN+ in any other way, on any other device (via the Web or ESPN+ apps).
Here’s the direct link to the ESPN channel on Roku’s Channel Store. You can use it to speed up the set-up process. Click on the ‘Add Channel’ button to add it to your Roku, and then proceed to authenticate your ESPN+ account, as described above.
Step #3: Install a VPN Application (For Privacy & Unblocking Geo-Restrictions)
UFC-related platforms such as ESPN+ are restricted to the USA only. With that said, the only way to bypass this limitation is by using a VPN service.
Keep in mind that services like ESPN+ can be hard to unblock. That’s why you need an ultra-powerful VPN. We highly recommend subscribing to ExpressVPN.
By using VPNs such as ExpressVPN, you can sign-up for ESPN+ from just about anywhere. However, you’ll also need to have an active VPN session in the background to watch UFC on Roku. This is where you’ll encounter a problem.
Roku doesn’t work with VPNs, and there are no VPN-related apps or channels to install. So, to overcome this obstacle, we recommend installing a VPN on a router. Once again, ExpressVPN can make this process as easy as possible.
That would be all on how to watch UFC on Roku in 2020. If you have any questions for us, make sure to post a comment below. And also, why no share this article online? Thanks!