The world of Kodi addons is a vibrant and highly active one. While freshly released addons appear, old ones disappear suddenly. However, there’s always a set of essential addons that you simply must add to your Kodi. The leader of this pack is the Indigo Kodi addon.
What’s important to be said is that Indigo doesn’t bring any streamable content. Instead, this is a maintenance addon that will make sure that your Kodi is running at its best. Keep on reading to discover more.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
The Easiest Way to Install Indigo Addon on Kodi in 2019
Installing Indigo is a relatively painless and short procedure. There are a few main steps:
- Add the Source of the repository you want to install. This allows Kodi to know where to find the add-ons you want to install.
- Install the repository to gain access to the add-ons.
- Install the add-on.
Let’s start by adding the source.
How to Add the Repository Source
Open Kodi. You should be on the Main Screen.
- Get to the System Settings screen by clicking on the gear icon on the top-left of the screen.
- Access the File Manager by clicking on the Folder Icon.
- Click on the ‘Add source’ option.
- Click on <None> in the ‘Add file source’ dialog, We’ll be entering a custom location next.
- Type in the following web address – http://fusion.tvaddons.co, exactly as shown below, then press Enter or click on the OK button.
- You’re now in the ‘Edit file source’ dialog box. Look on the bottom for the field that says, ‘Enter a name for this media source’. Type in a recognizable name for the repository, such as ‘Indigo (Fusion) Repo’. Then click on the OK button below the field.
- You’ll be taken back to the File Manager To confirm that your changes have been saved, you should see a folder representing the repository you just added. It’ll be named whatever you just entered in the previous step (i.e. ‘Super Repo’).
You’ve now successfully added the Indigo (Fusion) repository. You can now access all the add-ons in that repository.
How to Install the Indigo (Fusion) Repository
You’ve successfully added the Indigo (Fusion) Repository, which gives you access to the Indigo (Fusion) TV Repository. Now you have to install this repo. This is the crucial next step.
- From the Kodi Home Screen, click on the Add-ons menu to the left.
- Click on ‘Packages Icon’ (Home > Add-ons > Add-on browser).
- Click on ‘Install from zip file’ (Home > Add-ons > Add-on browser > Install from zip file).
- Click on ‘Indigo (Fusion) Repository’ (or whatever you named it previously).
- Click on ‘begin-here’.
- Click on the plugin zip file. In this case, it says ‘program.indigo-.3.0.2.zip’.
- Click on the ‘Install from zip file‘. Be patient while your computer connects to the repository, download the ZIP file, and installs it. Once it’s done, you’ll see a notification in the top-right corner telling you the add-on has been installed.
- Now the Indigo (Fusion) Repository is installed. Next, we’ll install the Indigo Add-On.
How to Install the Indigo Kodi Add-On
Now that you’ve added the source of the repository and installed the repository, you can access the Indigo add-on. Let’s begin.
- From the Kodi Home Screen, click on the Add-ons menu (Home Screen > Add-Ons).
- Click on the Indigo menu item.
- You’ll see several dialog boxes pop up about initializing the add-on if this is your first time running it. Let it run. Then you’ll see a dialog box ‘Add-on required’ asking you if you want to download the ‘tvaddons Add-on Repository’. Click on ‘Yes’.
- You should now see a screen like this:
You have now successfully installed Indigo Add-on for Kodi!
Where to find the Indigo Add-On
Sometimes you might be asking yourself, “Where is the Indigo addon?” In the future, you can find the Indigo Addon by accessing your Program add-ons. You can reach this screen from the Add-ons screen with no options selected on the left-side menu:
Or inside the Program add-ons menu (Home Screen > Add-ons > Program add-ons).
What You Can Do with Indigo Add-on
Indigo is a great way to explore add-ons conveniently and access technical information that might come in handy when troubleshooting.
Indigo Config Wizard
The Indigo add-on has an option that’s easy for beginners to use. It’s called the Config Wizard. It automatically configures Kodi with the best addons and goodies without a complicated process. You could end up spending hours and hours browsing everything that’s available in the repo if you’re not careful, so we highly recommend using this easy Config Wizard.
- When you click on it, you’ll be asked permission to install it:
- Just click on Install to proceed. You’ll get a dialog box titled ‘Indigo’ and a progress bar will show you how far along in the process you are. Just be patient and let it finish. Once it’s done, you’ll get a dialog box telling you that you need to restart Kodi.
- Once you click ‘OK’ Kodi will automatically exit. Don’t be alarmed! Just open Kodi up again.
Indigo Addon Installer
Under the Addon Installer, one of the top features is the Featured Addons section.
Rather than spending tons of time browsing for addons, Indigo has a curated collection for you. You’ll see a variety of addons such as USTVnow Plus, UKTV Play, and Newsy, amongst a few more.
Aside from that section, you can also browse for Video, Audio, and Program Addons by alphabetical order, with each section divided by the letter that the addon starts with. Kodi Skins are also available, so you can easily install a popular Kodi Skin such as Confluence++. Thankfully, you can also Search add-ons if you know exactly what you’re looking for.
Useful Diagnostic Features
Many of the other sections are excellent for troubleshooting. A lot of times, when you ask for help on community forums, you’ll need to provide logs of what Kodi and the add-ons are doing to see if there are any specific error messages or other indications of what might be at fault. There are all sorts of diagnostic tools that Indigo provides.
For instance, The Maintenance Tools in Indigo are extremely useful.
Enter that section and you’ll see exactly how much storage space your cache, thumbnails, and packages are taking up, with an option to delete them. It’s a very fast and easy way to keep an eye on how much storage you can clear. Here, you can also enable automatic weekly maintenance of Kodi, enable auto maintenance at startup. You can even wipe all addons if you want to start fresh.
One of the features that a lot of beginner users may not know about but will appreciate is the Malicious Scripts Blocker. That comes enabled by default in the Maintenance Tools section.
Advanced users will definitely appreciate the Debugging Mode, which can also be found in the Maintenance Tools section.
Network Speed Test
The Network Speed Test is a fantastic tool to see if your Internet connection might be a bottleneck or the cause of an issue. You’ll get to select the size of the file that you’re testing with. We recommend 100 Mb or 1Gb because it’s more accurate. Choosing small files to test can be misleading because the test might be too short and may show a much a higher speed than you can expect when streaming content. By using a larger file, your test will run longer and be more accurate because the test will measure the sustained speed that you’re going to download at. At the end of the test, you’ll get an easy-to-understand report telling you what your Internet connection will be suitable for.
Backups are another robust tool that you gain access to when installing Indigo. You can back up all your Kodi files and folders with the Full Backup option, or you can also just back up without the database. Before you do that, you’ll need to select a backup location (we recommend creating a new folder before going into Kodi, as you won’t be able to create a new folder from within the Kodi interface). You’ll also see options to restore and delete backups, all within the convenient interface that Kodi provides. And to top it all off, there are Auto Clean Options. This helps you keep your Kodi machine lean and optimized. This is truly a robust feature with granular settings that’ll be a delight to technical users who insist on having precise control over what they want their machine to do.
Dear TechNadu readers and visitors, that would be all for our guide to Indigo Kodi addon. We hope that you’ll manage to install this addon and use it to optimize Kodi in 2019. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below.