Burden of Proof is an upcoming true crime documentary miniseries, and we have all the essential details, including the premiere date, episode release schedule, and more. Plus, it will be extremely easy to stream the episodes online, even on the go or while traveling abroad, so keep reading to find out all there is to know.
The plot follows Stephen Pandos as decades later, he searches for truth following the disappearance of his sister Jennifer Pandos in 1987, who was then 15 years old. When she went missing, her parents told everyone she had run away.
Shot in cinema verité over seven years, the series unfolds in real-time as Stephen launches his own investigation into what he fears may have transpired in his parents’ house the night Jennifer vanished and a suspicious handwritten note left as the only clue, and he becomes strongly convinced that his parents are both implicated in the crime.
As missing evidence is uncovered, lie detector tests are failed, and past abuses are revealed, more threads unravel, and new evidence comes to light, Stephen starts to question everything he has come to believe.
The interviewees include Jennifer’s parents Ron and Margie Pandos, family members, high school friends, and current and former investigators, among others, and the episodes are illustrated with Jennifer’s intimate journal entries and letters.
Let's see where, when, and how to easily watch Burden of Proof online from anywhere.
When and Where to Watch Burden of Proof
Burden of Proof premieres in the US with two episodes on Tuesday, June 6, 2023, at 9 pm ET on HBO and will stream on Max (the US only), where new content usually lands right after 3 am ET. It’s also expected to land on HBO Max (available in parts of Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean) soon after.
The limited series has 4 episodes, each one hour long, and the next two will premiere back to back on the next day.
How to Watch Burden of Proof Online from Anywhere
Just like all live TV and streaming services that let us watch content online, Max is also restricted to the US. Similarly, services like Crave, Binge, and Foxtel Now only work in their country of origin, but there is a workaround to access these from abroad. The way to regain access is by changing your IP location to a region with no geo-restrictions, so go ahead and use a VPN subscription to watch Burden of Proof online.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market right now, and it works with tons of live TV and streaming platforms, including Max, HBO Max, Prime Video, Hulu, Binge, Crave, and more. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the 30-day money-back guarantee, and a subscription offers thousands of VPN servers in over 90 countries worldwide, fast and stable connections, unlimited bandwidth, and great encryption protocols.
To get started, fill in your details on the company’s website and pay. Keep in mind there’s a huge discount attached to the yearly plan when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount and get 3 months FREE). Next, download and install the app that suits you best. Then, launch it, pick a server from a location with no geo-restrictions, and switch it on. Finally, access the platform of choice to stream Burden of Proof.
How to Watch Burden of Proof Online in the US Without Cable
In the US, the series airs on HBO, and you can stream Burden of Proof on Max, a merger of HBO Max and Discovery Plus that launched on May 23, 2023, where you can log in with your TV provider credentials if you have the network in your TV offering. Otherwise, subscribe directly on the platform's website or app or via Apple, Google Play, and Roku. Prices start at $9.99 per month with the ad-supported plan, and the ad-free tier is $15.99 per month.
In the US, you can also select Max as an add-on via several third-party live TV and streaming platforms. Let's see your options right now.
- Hulu: The On-Demand platform's subscription prices start at $7.99 per month with the ad-supported plan, and this streaming service offers the ad-free Max add-on for $15.99 per month with a 7-day free trial if it's the first time you add it. Start your 30-day free trial on Hulu.
- Prime Video: Prime Video offers Max as a Prime channel for $15.99 a month with a 7-day free trial for first-timers. Prime costs $14.99 a month and includes a 30-day free trial for new customers.
- YouTube TV: You can subscribe to this live TV and streaming service for $64.99 for your first 3 months, and then it costs $72.99 a month, while the Max Premium add-on is $15.99 per month and has a 7-day free trial. Start your free trial on YouTube TV.
- DirecTV Stream: You get a Max 3-month free trial for this premium add-on and also so for Cinemax, Epix, Starz, and Showtime here. The add-on costs $15.99 per month, and the subscription prices start at $74.99 a month for this service.
- Spectrum On-Demand: You will also find this series on the Spectrum website soon, where you can stream the episodes after you log in with your TV provider credential.
These streaming services are geo-restricted, so we recommend you use a safe and powerful VPN app set to a server close to your home area in the background. This will lift the geo-blockades and let you stream Burden of Proof while traveling away from the US. More details in the previous segment.
How to Watch Burden of Proof Online in Canada
In Canada, you will be able to stream Burden of Proof on the Crave streaming platform on June 6 at 9 pm ET. The service includes HBO Max, HBO, Starz, and Showtime and has a subscription fee of $19.99 per month. Plus, new customers can enjoy a 7-day free trial.
Crave is not available outside Canada, so keep a good VPN app at hand while traveling abroad to bypass geo-restrictions. Just use a server from a region close to your home area to regain access to the service.
Can I Watch Burden of Proof Online in the UK and Australia?
We expect you will be able to stream Burden of Proof on Foxtel Now and Binge in Australia pretty soon, but the premiere date was not announced. Foxtel and Foxtel Now cost $25 per month with a 10-day free trial, and prices for Binge start at $10 a month with a 14-day free trial. We have no official steamer or premiere date for the UK.
These services are only available in their country of origin, so you will need to rely on a good VPN app set to a server from back home to bypass the geo-restrictions and access them from abroad. You can also use the VPN to watch Burden of Proof online on Max and HBO Max from anywhere as long as you select a server located where the desired service works. Just turn on the VPN and then access the streaming platform.
Burden of Proof Episode Guide and Release Schedule
- Season 1 Episode 1 (June 6, 2023) - In 1987, Ron and Margie Pandos awake to find their daughter Jennifer missing from her bedroom. Decades later, Jennifer's older brother Stephen believes their parents are responsible for her disappearance and has the investigation re-opened.
- Season 1 Episode 2 (June 6, 2023) - With the police focus on Ron and Margie, investigators scrutinize Ron's past as a Vietnam veteran and his criminal record. Margie is offered immunity in exchange for testimony against Ron. After decades of estrangement, Stephen confronts his father. But when new information emerges, the investigation goes in an unexpected direction.
- Season 1 Episode 3 (June 7, 2023) - A trove of Jennifer's personal writings paints a picture of a struggling teenage girl. The reappearance of lost evidence refocuses the investigation on an original person of interest. Stephen continues to believe his mother holds the key to the truth.
- Season 1 Episode 4 (June 8, 2023) - As the police investigation heats back up, Stephen learns about secret legal proceedings and a police subpoena regarding someone from Jennifer’s past. New evidence takes an emotional toll on Stephen and his family.