When it comes to keeping your data safe on iPhone devices, you have a number of options. Depending on which model you use, you can set up either Touch ID or Face ID. As you know, you can set up Face ID on the iPhone X only. However, what’s in common for all iPhone devices is that you can set up a passcode as a backup solution. We’ll talk about setting up a passcode, as well as how to unlock iPhone X with passcode?
How to Set Up A Passcode on iPhone X?
First, let’s take a look at how you can keep your phone locked by using a passcode. It’s also interesting to note that you need to use a passcode before setting up Face ID. In case Face ID fails, your passcode will be your only backup option. Let’s proceed.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone;
- Now tap on ‘Face ID & Passcode‘;
- Tap on ‘Turn Passcode On‘;
- You will be asked for a six-digit passcode. However, you also have additional options. If you tap on ‘Passcode Options‘, you can switch to a four-digit numeric passcode. Additionally, you can use a fully custom numeric code or alphanumeric code.
- Enter your new passcode and confirm by typing it once again.
- That’s it! You’re all set.
How to Unlock iPhone X With Passcode?
After you’ve entered your new passcode, it will become active. The next time you try to access your phone’s content, you will need to enter the passcode.
You should also know that if you use Face ID, your passcode will still be important. If you disable Face ID (and there are several ways that can be done), the only way to unlock your phone is by using the previously defined passcode.
We hope that you’ve found your answer to how to unlock iPhone X with passcode. If you think this article might help other iOS users, feel free to share it across social networks. As always, you can post a comment below to talk to us.