Amazon Fire Tablets are powered by a custom version of Android, making them fully compatible with ExpressVPN. In fact, you can set up ExpressVPN on an Amazon Fire Tablet (formerly known as Kindle Fire) in a matter of minutes.
Before we go any further, know that ExpressVPN works on any Fire tablet powered by FireOS 5.0 or newer. So, if you haven't updated your device in a while, go to Settings > Device Options > System Updates. If there are new updates pending, install them before installing ExpressVPN.
And now, let's talk about how to get ExpressVPN to work on your Amazon Fire tablet.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Tablet
To install ExpressVPN on your Fire tablet, you need an ExpressVPN subscription and access to Amazon's App Store. These are the steps you need to take:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN using your tablet or your computer, and any Web browser.
2. Now, turn to your Fire tablet. Launch the App Store and activate its search function. Type in "ExpressVPN," and you should see the app offered among the search results.
3. Tap "Download" to download and install the app automatically. Once done, tap "Open" to launch ExpressVPN for the first time.
4. Tap "Sign In" and provide your ExpressVPN username and password. Tap "Sign In" again and complete the initial setup procedure.
5. The next screen will inform you about a required VPN profile. Tap "OK." FireOS will now ask for a connection request for ExpressVPN. Tap "OK" to confirm.
6. You should now have access to ExpressVPN on your Amazon Fire tablet, ready to be used. To connect to the nearest server available, tap on the ON/OFF button.
If you have an Amazon Prime account and wish to stream content available in a different country, know that your VPN server location must match the country of your Amazon profile. At any moment, you can change your Amazon profile’s country setting by going to Your Account > Your Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region.
7. To disconnect from the server, tap on the ON/OFF button again.
8. If you’d like to pick a custom server, select the button just below the ON/OFF switch. Use the "Recommended" or "All Locations" tab to choose any country or server name. That's it!
ExpressVPN already comes set up for optimal performance on Amazon Fire tablets. However, you can also customize the application and fine-tune its settings by clicking on the hamburger button, resembling three horizontal lines. So, make sure to inspect its options.
With the ExpressVPN app installed on your Amazon Fire tablet, you can reach new types of digital content. For example, you can access previously blocked websites and streaming apps. However, you can achieve the same on your other devices as well.
That would be all on how to install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire tablets. If you’ve encountered any issues or if you have any questions, post your comment just below. Thank you for reading!