Disney Plus is already available on a wide range of devices. However, you can now also use it on Kodi, which brings this hugely popular streaming service to even more platforms. And with that said, we’ll teach you how to install Disney Plus on Kodi, what to expect, and more.
Keep in mind that the Disney Plus addon requires you to have an active subscription. Therefore, if you haven’t done that already, go ahead and subscribe to Disney+ (you can also learn about combining Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ into a single bundle).
Let’s also not forget to mention that you need to have Kodi 18.9 installed, at least. If you use an older version of this application, here’s how to update Kodi. Once you do so, you’ll be ready to install the Disney Plus Kodi addon, as explained below.
Discover More Addons: 60 Best (Legal) Kodi Addons You’ll Find Today!
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Read This Before Installing Kodi Addons on Your Device!
Do you think it’s legal and safe to install third-party Kodi addons on your device? ABSOLUTELY NOT – and here’s why!
Third-party Kodi addons are often referred to as ‘unofficial’ or ‘illegal Kodi addons.’ That’s because they let you stream copyrighted content from illegal sources like torrent (P2P) repositories and other websites, which aren’t generally safe, to be honest.
So, what will happen if you don’t act cautiously? Well, you’ll expose yourself to criminal prosecution, often leading to huge fines – once your ISP collects enough data about your online activities. We’ve seen that happen many times before.
That’s the reason why we don’t recommend installing third-party Kodi addons.
No matter if you use official or unofficial Kodi addons, keep in mind that Kodi can be safely accessed using a VPN. Connect to a VPN, and you’ll be safe online, no matter what. Simple as that.
A VPN can help you do the following five things:
- Hide your IP address, while keeping you anonymous while streaming via Kodi.
- Keep you safe from legal troubles.
- Fight against ISP-imposed throttling.
- Unblock all kinds of geo-restricted Kodi addons in your country.
- Bypass sports-related blackouts.
For more details, please read this guide.
After testing over sixty VPNs hands-on, we conclude that ExpressVPN is the #1-rated VPN for Kodi. If you are interested, please read our ExpressVPN review. Also, if you decide to subscribe, grab this limited time deal – save 49% + get 3 extra months FREE.
How to Install Disney Plus Addon on Kodi in 2021
We’d like to show you how to get started using this addon. So, here’s how to install the Disney Plus addon on your Kodi.
- First, make sure to enable Kodi’s support for unknown sources.
- Then, access Kodi’s settings by clicking on the cogwheel icon (top-left corner).
- Select ‘File Manager.’
- Double-click on ‘Add Source,’ and a pop-up should appear.
- You need to click on ‘<None>,’ and you’ll be asked for a URL.
- Go ahead with the following URL: http://k.slyguy.xyz.
- Click on ‘OK‘ to return to the previous pop-up.
- Name your new file source (‘SlyGuy‘) and click ‘OK‘ to dismiss the pop-up.
- Return one step to access Kodi’s settings again. Then, click on ‘Add-ons.’
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file.’
- Navigate to ‘SlyGuy,’ and then click on ‘repository.slyguy.zip.’
- Then, select ‘Install from Repository.’
- Go to SlyGuy Repository > Video Add-ons > Disney+.
- Click on the addon’s name to open its overview. Then, hit the ‘Install‘ button.
- After a few moments, you’ll see a notification in the top-right corner of your screen. This means that you can now proceed to open the Disney Plus addon.
Once you install the addon, open it and then click on ‘Log In.’ Input your Disney Plus credentials, and you’ll access this media streaming platform on Kodi. That’s it!
Is the Disney+ Addon LEGAL to Use?
Yes, the Disney Plus addon is legal to use.
As you can see, we’re not talking about piracy or copyright infringement in this case. To use this addon, you need an active Disney+ subscription, which means that you’ll pay to access the addon’s content.
Useful to Know: How to Use Kodi Legally? – Here’s All You Need to Know!
Still, keep in mind that this is an unofficial addon created by a third-party (it doesn’t come from Disney). Therefore, we can’t make any promises regarding the addon’s future development and whether Disney will allow you to access the addon in the future.
Is the Disney+ Addon SAFE to Use?
Yes, the Disney Plus addon appears to be safe to use (for now).
Still, this doesn’t mean that we don’t recommend exercising caution while using this addon. That’s because (despite its name), this is an unofficial addon made by a third-party developer. Since it doesn’t come from Disney, there’s no way to guarantee its safety.
In the past, we’ve seen that forks and clones of Kodi addons have posed a problem. That’s the reason why cryptocurrency miners have plagued Kodi for a while, presenting a danger to your private data and your device’s integrity.
Speaking in general, there are many reasons why unofficial Kodi addons aren’t safe to use. And even though the Disney Plus addon has been benign so far, we recommend you to be cautious while using it.
This is where we’d like to introduce you to VPN services. As Disney Plus is an unofficial addon, there are many valid reasons to get your VPN subscription.
First and foremost, a VPN will protect your digital privacy. By tunneling your Web data through its secure servers, no will be able to track what you do online (or while using Kodi). On top of that, unblocking platforms like Disney Plus (outside of their supported countries) will be a piece of cake.
However, don’t think that every VPN is the same. You need one with high-end features designed for your privacy while providing streaming-optimized features. Therefore, our recommendation would be ExpressVPN.
Where Is Disney+ Available? Can You Access It from Anywhere?
Currently, Disney+ is available across Europe, the USA, Canada, New Zealand, and India. There are plans for the platform to expand to the rest of the world in 2021. However, until that happens, you’ll face a geo-block.
Luckily for you, there’s a way to watch Disney+ from anywhere (if you’re an Android or iOS user). For that to happen, you need a capable VPN service – which, in this case, should not only work with Disney+ but with Kodi as well. And that VPN should be ExpressVPN.
You have other options as well, suitable for different needs, priorities, and budget. To learn more, we offer you our guide to the best VPNs for Disney Plus.
What Kinds of Content Can You Stream via Disney Plus on Kodi?
Using the Disney Plus Kodi addon, you’ll get to access this streaming platform’s entire media library. As you already know, we’re talking about Disney, National Geographic, Star Wars, and Marvel titles (both movies and TV shows).
Know that Disney+ brings new content quite frequently, which means that there will always be something interesting to watch. If you need some recommendations, we suggest checking out The Mandalorian, The Big Fib, Clouds, Meet the Chimps, The Right Stuff, The One and Only Ivan, and more.
Of course, the titles mentioned above are some of the most popular freshly released picks. Disney Plus provides you access to Disney’s vault of classic titles, which are always fun to re-watch.
Do We Recommend Installing the Disney Plus Kodi Addon?
Yes, we recommend installing Disney Plus on Kodi. However, there’s a catch.
As you know by now, this isn’t an illegal addon (the same can’t be said for the majority of unofficial Kodi addons). If we look at this addon from a legal perspective, there’s nothing wrong with using it.
However, the fact is that Disney Plus can quickly turn malicious. Therefore, we recommend using this addon only if you protect yourself by using a VPN. You can learn more about that in the following segment – so, let’s jump right in.
How to Protect Yourself When Using Disney Plus on Kodi?
The most effective way to protect yourself is by using a VPN service.
You should be very picky when it comes to choosing a VPN. Based on our hands-on experience of testing 60+ VPN services, we think the best one is ExpressVPN.
So, what can VPNs do? First and foremost, they’re designed to encrypt your Web traffic. That way, no one will know what you do on the Web. In other words, you’ll be invisible online, which minimizes the risks of using unofficial Kodi addons, such as Disney Plus.
Essential Reading: Why Are VPN Services Useful for Kodi Users?
Then, VPNs help you unblock geo-restricted addons. Even if you stick to legal addons, you’ll see that much of their content is available in certain countries only. Therefore, you get to access those addons and take full advantage of Kodi.
Disney Plus Not Working on Kodi? Check Out These Fixes!
Just like with other addons, Disney Plus can encounter problems on Kodi as well. We’ve gathered a group of quick fixes to common problems, so take a look below.
Disney Plus on Kodi Showing a Connection Error Upon Logging-In
In case you see a connection error once you try to log-in, this means that you’re accessing Disney Plus from an unsupported country. In that case, you need to use ExpressVPN and connect to a server in the country where Disney+ is available.
‘Disney Plus’ on Kodi Now Syncing with Disney+
By default, the Disney Plus Kodi addon won’t sync with your Disney+ account. However, this can be changed by going into the addon’s settings.
- Launch Disney Plus; Make sure to log-in to your account.
- Then, click on ‘Settings.’
- Select the ‘General‘ tab on the left side.
- Lastly, click on ‘Sync with Disney+.’
Disney Plus on Kodi Fails to Play Movies/TV Shows
Disney Plus requires you to have Kodi 18.7 (or newer) installed. Therefore, make sure to update your Kodi to the latest available version (see how below).
Alternatively, we have our troubleshooting guide to Kodi, where you’ll find how to resolve a number of playback-related problems. So, make sure to take a look.
How to Update Disney Plus on Kodi
To update the Disney Plus addon on Kodi, go through the following steps:
- Locate Disney Plus and right-click on its icon.
- Then, make sure to select ‘Information.’
- The addon’s overview should now appear. Click on ‘Update.’
- Select the latest update, and Disney Plus will be automatically updated.
How to Update Kodi
Lastly, keep in mind that it’s imperative to use Kodi’s latest version in this case. This is a requirement before you get to use Disney Plus. Therefore, here’s how to update Kodi to the newest version available.
What Are the Best Alternatives to Disney Plus for Kodi?
Lastly, we’d like to provide you with a few alternatives to Disney Plus on Kodi. The following addons are legal and safe to use. Furthermore, they’ll add a considerable number of movies and TV shows to your Kodi.
- Netflix: We surely don’t have to introduce you to Netflix. However, we have to say that this platform is integrated with Kodi in the same way as Disney Plus. Therefore, you’ll need to use your credentials. To further enhance your experience, we recommend using a VPN made for Netflix (so you can access hidden Netflix titles).
- BBC iPlayer: Then, a free option. BBC’s iPlayer brings a wide range of movies and TV shows, with new titles being added daily. This truly is a treasure trove of content, where you’ll find many live TV channels as well. However, if you’re not in the UK, you’ll want to use a BBC iPlayer VPN to access the platform.
- Crackle: And lastly, another free option. Crackle is among the most popular platforms related to free movies and TV shows. It comes with an excellent selection of titles, both new and old. However, keep in mind that Crackle is available in select countries only. We’ll teach you how to access Crackle from anywhere.
Want to try more addons? If that’s so, your next destination should be our guide to the best addons for Kodi. You’ll find around sixty recommendations there, all of which are legal and safe to use.
With that said, we conclude our guide to the Disney Plus Kodi addon. If you have any questions for us, don’t hesitate to post a comment below. And of course, we’d like to ask you to share this article online. Thanks for reading – and enjoy using Kodi!